Rebranding and advertisements

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Nick86 this is about an april fools joke, not site policy or something. you can't deny that people will react differently to different subject matter, and those who are speaking up only represent a portion of those possibly affected by it.

it's like my next door neighbors are having a party that got a bit too loud. i don't need them to stop, i just want them to quiet down a bit.

Contributor
@ItsQuote - Is a principle matter, not because is just april fool day. You see 3 people who complain with fake accusations, then why these 3 people should decide for everyone else what a page should or not display? Majority don't complain and do not have issues.
Second instance are the insults, you can be unhappy by a choice, you can explain it why you don't like X or Y but launch accusations and insult like these is the wrong way to do it and a sufficient reason why such people should never be pleased. This is what i think.

@Blabladodo - Yep, i feel really insulted by these false statements.

then it's a matter of different principles. from where i stand, it's not about "majority" or "minority." this isn't a democracy, it's an oligarchy and we are all subject to the whims of our benevolent overlords.

and sometimes, the voice of the minority SHOULD win over the majority. this is one of those times: those who aren't affected by the ads lose absolutely nothing by having them only display on the front page, whereas everyone else gains the ability to use the site without being shown something they feel is distasteful.

and yes, they came on strong and used insulting language, but when something is that offensive it's understandable. and anyway, that's an issue for the mods to sort out.

edit 1: @Blabladodo they sure did, and they got called out for it. case closed.

Contributor
@ItsQuote - Let me to disagree, if they find offensive some random drawings then they are the one that should leave, nobody force them to stay here, and no, 3 people should never dictate what majority should or not see. Is ridiculous to do this for such a trivial matter.
And last, they can't use such language and throw such accusations like nothing happen. If i was a mod these people were already perma banned and ip blocked for violating the TOS. This is an unaccettable behaviour in my book. Said that have a nice day.

as i said, matter of different principles. i'm not here to change your mind nor dictate how you should moderate your own communities. merely offering my perspective.

is a Reindeer
VIP
ExcitableWarmheartedGuernseycow-size_restricted.gif

Aggregator gang
@Nick86 Sorry, but I'm not in the wrong place. Mangadex houses a lot of different genres. I am fine with the website having adult content, just not comfortable with it shoved in my face. That's all. I'm not into that sort of manga, and it does, in fact, make me uncomfortable. How would you feel to have male crotch-shots or something all over the front page? (assuming you are not into that)

Dex-chan lover
@Greyvenn
One of the staff member (Plykiya I think?) upload trap/yaoi/shota doujins all the time, you don't see people complaining about it.

Aggregator gang
@Blabladodo I'm not talking about actual manga I'm talking about the giant banners currently on the front page. 0.0 Also I never said I was into that either.

I already said I don't care what sort of manga is posted, I just don't want to in my face! I only wish they had added an option to hide the fake ads.

Dex-chan lover
These ads may be actually pretty bad thing for this site to happen. Just I started to refresh the main page to watch all the ads and if other people will start doing the same, it will become like an unintentional ddos attack all over again, lol.

Dex-chan lover
@Greyvenn
Rejoyce then for your ordeal ends tomorrow, you may not have noticed yet but this is something that will only last for a day or two.
But I personally think these kind of ads should be permanent, it would help filter people and ease the load on the servers :^)

I can understand both sides of this thread. It's a joke and isn't perm, but it also is something that is forced on those who don't generally go looking for that stuff. Personally I enjoy that I don't have to worry about those types of ads popping up that can be found as over sexualized on this site, (It was one of the reasons why I don't frequent KM anymore along with all the ads that kept being forced on people) I don't mind people posting those types of manga cause this site is open to everything and everyone. Though I also have the ability to ignore them and not see them. The ads I don't.

I wouldn't mind being shown it the first time I clicked onto the site but maybe an ability to disable the ads based on person to person wouldn't be a negative thing. One of those Ha we got ya to see our joke now you can choose to see it more or not.

More just an suggestion to future pranks/jokes/etc. Just the ability to have the choice.

Fed-Kun's army
Personally I would love for these "ads" to stay permanently but it's understandable that some might want to avoid them..

For one, can anyone here guarantee there wont be any unpleasant misunderstandings if a third-party accidentally see those ad-jokes when passing by? Noone can?
Answer is obvious since some of them were made to insinuate various things, so atleast having a toggle for it would be a requirement then.

I click on one to claim my free loli was kind of happy and sad at the same time. Found something pretty fun to read yet didn't get my loli....

Group Leader
Geez, people getting butthurt because of an April Fool's joke. Blah blah blah. I, for one, thoroughly enjoyed every single fake banner and ad. It was glorious, and I look forward to next year's April Fool's pranks as well

Ok I get that this is a joke and all, but can this be made into an option? Just from the cute ads I have found two really cute manga to read and would love to find more

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread