Record of Ragnarok - Vol. 1 Ch. 4 - 13 Gods, 13 Mortals.

It's kind of strange list, Jack the reappe, Adam, Nicola Tesla or even Rasputin.
If we are talking 'bout greatest warriors shouldn't we see ppl like William Marshal, Flamma, Attila the Hun, Zahiruddin Babur, Tamerlane, Temüjin, Shaka kaSenzangakhona
There are hundreds of warriors/military leaders that would be much better then some smart killer, biblical first man, scientist and a huge russian man that's hard to kill

Rasputin? Why not Hitler? Shitlist, bombed to 3 stars.
There so many legends how gods protected humankind from gods rule.
Even if we pick humankind heroes, it is not Tesla or Rasputin.
For me people who struggle through life, fighting and defending their families are the strongest possible beings. There is no way psychopaths can be protective towards humanity.
Jack the Ripper?

The choices on the human side is doable if you consider their romanticized versions, for example rasputin is romanticized in many stories as great mystic or a trickster/fraud (drifters and alike) or Jack the Ripper as the greatest and most mysterious serial killer (almost all detective stories see him as that).

And also we should consider the Gods who are obviously should be in the list on the gods side and counter them or somehow match them.
For example Poseidon, Thor, Loki and Hercules, they are obviously will be on the list due to their popularity. And they should be countered or matched accordingly just like Lu Bu against Thor.

And should also consider the authors perspective on how to make the story more interesting and unique. Here I really did not expect Nostradamus to be on the list, in fact compared to the other human representatives on the list or other historical figures not on the list, he is the most useless one when it comes to battles (even Rasputin has his fair share of political battles in history). But if we think more closely, Loki and Beelzebub are on the list as well and would it be really interesting if we pit them against Nostradamus. The God of Trickery or Lord of Flies vs The Man who trolled mankind for centuries with his predictions. The battles will either be a serious battle of wits and predictions or a bunch of laughs because Nostradamus himself did not predict he will be fighting and his entourage in the human side are bunch of internet trolls who abused his predictions for the laughs.

Dex-chan lover
Surprised the author didn't put in a "crazy-powerful caveman too early to be recorded by history" character as an ex machina.

I would be lying I said I didn't relate to Zeus when he reacted that way about the Valkyries rebelling...

Double-page supporter
kinda dumb that half the human list is Japanese. There are tons of Humans/Demi-Gods from all over the world with fun and interesting mythologies built up around them
Gilgamesh, Maui, Shaka Zulu, Billy the Kid, Genghis Khan, Teddy Roosevelt, ect...

Why the fuck do we have Okita Souji and Sasaki Kojiro? Two samurai? really?

Mangaka is tight as fuck and this manga kicks ass, but cmon dude why'd it have to be "my favorite FGO servants" and not more far reaching.

Dex-chan lover
Nice line-up. I really wonder how Tesla, Rasputin and Nostradamus are going to fight.

Group Leader
Am I the only one bothered by the presence of Buddha in the divine side?

I'm a Fate series simp and I can't read some of these names without thinking of their Fate counterparts

@RedEco I said " The Buddha isn't a God. he's awakened and its very unlikely that Buddha would fighting instead meditating. The Buddha is the founding of Buddhism. Him fighting against humanity is the same as saying The Buddha teaching are mistake. And he's not a God why is he in the God side?. " But I deleted my comments because I don't know much about Buddhism and my comments sound kinda stupid imo

Group Leader
GunFaceFuck don't worry, it doesn't sounds stupid; maybe a bit obvious, but you've got the point.

Users who are viewing this thread