Records of the Mystic Gardens

I have read the latest chapter and so far in the story I have no idea what is going on

For those guys who hate FMC would prefer tsundere who can't confess her feelings over a yandere who is head over heels for the mc

Dex-chan lover
I'm realizing this just now, but the cultivation theme is almost like you're choosing between joining either the adventurer's guild or the demon lords.

Fed-Kun's army
I dislike the cultivation system and post apocalyptic setting, but the relationship between the mc and heroine is very interesting and I want to see where it goes.

Absolute hidden gem. Actual shit happens, and the characters actually struggle and interact. Not everything is entirely black and white or immediately as it appears. It seems like it should be standard, but I cannot think of a single other martial arts/xanxia story that pulls it off this well.

Wait so mystic gardens is like a dimension where supernatural beasts or demi-human live but they can interact/connect with human world too, am I right?

Heresy, Records of the Mystic Garens and I'm an Evil God are the manhua trio of 2020 for me.

@ChefGourmand
It's a bit more complicated than that. From what I can understand of the raws, there's the normal world and there's the spiritual world. It looks like some apocalypse happened and the spiritual world is merged in some ways with the normal world, hence why the humans live in a city they can't leave with an agency that prevents cultivation from happening in the common masses. Outside the city's barriers the spiritual world seems to seep in. Mystical Gardens are fortifications built upon the soul in the spiritual world. Its like their sanctuary cause remember when MC took a look outside his barriers in his garden it was basically berserk tier demon chaos orgy. Its not clear just exactly what the rules are but it seems like the more they grow their mystical garden the higher the upkeep and when they can't pay the upkeep the barrier falls apart and their soul gets absorbed into the spirit mass. Also, remember the previous short arc where the garden master's servants all seem to be spirits pulled from the spirit world and after it collapses the servants escape and become spirits again? So perhaps they need to pull in the spirit world to build up their mystical gardens but that's a double edged sword. Hence why the inner gardens of the agency is safer?

Users who are viewing this thread