Records of the Mystic Gardens

the only thing keeping me from rating this a 10/10 is sometimes, like in the biggining of the manga i have no fucking clue whats going on.

-does everyone have a garden?
-are garden levels diffrend from cultavtion levels?
-what types of races are there? human only? drangon? eleves? spirits?
-are the people who have gardends people from the main world or something else?
-what is this black shit coming out of infected peoples mouths?
-normal people dont know of anything past a curtant level of culavation but can join the "military?" and also become over this level?
-are creating and useing gardens illegal or?
-if they are illegal than why do they show the mc how to use and create one?
-im i being a dumass and missing something in the story/plot or do they really just dont explain?

Im patiently waiting for the day when he will become a cold blooded murderer just to kill her using tumultuous[is that what they call it?] Gold soul

@sparrow34
-No, only cultivators over a certain stage have a garden, at the beginning the 2 protagonists and the dad did not have enough spiritual energy to even create one
-Gardens are in tandem with cultivation levels, it looks like the early levels are pre-garden stage, and in order to progress you need to make a garden. This probably replaces the golden core stage other novels.
-Its not explained where the dragon people or other spiritual hybrids come from yet
-No, gardens are just the next cultivation stage.
-I think that's just negative effects of feedback from certain gardens.
-Normal people don't know about gardens at all, remember the FMC already hit the peak stage that everyone thought was possible before going into the first garden, and she could barely levitate herself 1 feet off the ground. The military teaches them an alternate garden style that is much safer to cultivate (less chance of going crazy like with the mystic gardens but much weaker).
-Mystic gardens are basically illegal, because eventually they collapse and the owners start pulling other people in to try to 'fix' the garden but it gets out of control fast. The gardens that the military uses are stable but much weaker.

@robotcat
I don't think there is any other races, it's implied that garden cultivators might suffer body modifications as they progress. Slowly getting more alike their "garden servants"

Double-page supporter
I rated this a nine due to the actual maintenance of the art style that the cover shows, and pretty interesting character inter relationships, which are both things that especially Manhua creators find to do. I think that the pacing isn't too extreme, but I do agree with others that more lore would be nice, but considering how much the artist/author has to do just to create one of these a week, at least he isn't the kind of guy that creates chapter after chapter that just shows how an enemy alliance of evil clans is plotting a war. I am honestly sorry for comparing this to many other cultivation Manhua like that, as this is an interesting story, that at least right now is focusing very much on the relationships of the the male protagonist and female antagonist, as they are trying to get one over another, but don't even understand the world they have entered yet. Also half of the nine stars really just comes from the art (ITS SO PRETTY)

It’s got a fairly decent-ish story, a bit better than some of the typical cultivation stuff i’ve read before. Pretty good read if u are feeling bored, only issue is how short the chapters are so if you’ve read 5 chapters in and enjoyed it so far, probably wait for some time for the uploads to stack up.

Is the MC still 'charmed' by the female? Just curious, since I wish to begin reading when he is snapped out of that.

I guess I have a differing opinion on this one; I found it rather pointless and contrived. I don't feel invested in the characters at all and end up just speed scrolling through the chapters. I'm not keen on stories that try to tell you how to feel about things and this one hits you over the head with it.

Each to their own, I suppose. Decent action, interesting art style but that was also all in my opinion.

This is good, well at least for me. The dynamics of the ML and FML are quite interesting to read, though the usage of something called love charms bugs me a bit. All in all, a decent read.

Someone pls spoil means tell me he gets uncursed soon or at the very least that woman dies. Because I miss the real version of the MC where he's merciless to everyone and not being controlled(ish).

Glad to see people are enjoying it, im PRing it and i dont even know wats going on heheheh

-Baek Taehyong (NotARealScans)

noooooooooooooooooooooooo clifhanger nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. thanks for chap by the way

Consistent/ good art and unique worldbuilding, but lots of info dumping text walls, predictable(?) character motivations or worse just unexplained. Fairly often characters are introduced and just never seen again. As far as a chinese created comic it's alot higher quality than many others, but still suffers from the hallmarks of its genre that make them hard to digest.
To get the most of it you gonna have to read through the text blocks and even then its world jargon etc, reading through for the art alone can give you a fair idea of the story.

Personally reminds me of the altered carbon tv series where the established world setting is left for the viewer to just watch as wacky bullshit goes on that's considered normal.

Users who are viewing this thread