RED: Living On the Edge - Vol. 19 Ch. 151 - What a Wonderful World

Talk about an abrupt ending...quite a disappointment ....oh well that was still an epic awesomr ride up until before the very end

Great Thanks @kingsonte for all your hard works. You realized my wish to see this manga to the end from a very long time ago

I think the only "reincarnation" is the child red at the end. Glasses guy is probably supposed to be the ancestor of Scarlet and the glasses boy who helped grey save her at the school (he claims Wisa heritage and looks similar). The other is likely supposed to be Angie and Ireoh's ancestor so they likely survived.

But yeah to echo sentiments here, ending seems really rushed, kinda felt like the story just slammed into a brick wall after building up a huge amount of narrative momentum over the last 3 volumes. I enjoyed the ride but the ending kinda leaves me underwhelmed, not sure if this got axed or not but reminds me of the "Asebi and the Adventures of Skyworld" in that 100mph to 0 feeling storywise.

Kingsonte thank you very much for translating this amazing story. I liked the final, I think is correct because of all the main theme of the manga and with a great final message, I'm satisfied. Again, thanks for saving this history of oblivion, it was totally worth it.

thanks for all the work Kingsonte. Any chance that you might .cbz the volumes and provide a torrent for it?

the ending was very rushed imo and not a fan of it. The manga also lost its prior purpose at the end shifting its focus way too much on Scarlet and somewhat the politics leaving not enough room for Red's feelings and thoughts. Not a mention about annie or gray...

Double-page supporter
Thanks so much for translating this series! The ending was a little disappointing, but the series was amazing overall!

Group Leader
I wonder if Muraeda was influenced by Jarmusch's nihilist western movie Dead man
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0112817/ when writing Red

Group Leader
@pip25 @Coffeetron @Metal_Storm @Pepsioverdose
I feel like there was some editorial meddling which cut it shorter than should have been.
This could have been greater if it ended at 20 volumes* and properly dealt with the massacre aftermath,
maybe leaving some more characters alive.

*I had some suspects when I saw the 19 volumes count, I think it's always better to have an even number

Group Leader
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH-uopkB6r0
Standing tough under stars and stripes
We can tell
This dream's in sight,
You've got to admit it
At this point in time that it's clear:
The future looks bright.

What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free
What a beautiful world this will be
What a glorious time to be free

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks a lot for the ride !
I guess Angie and Ieroh survived and ended up together.
There are Wisa people in the end so I assume Chirika and scarlet were together.
The ending could have been written a lot better though

Aggregator gang
I always did think Annie and Ieroh had more chemistry, and they spent a lot more time together, so the two of them marrying is all fine and dandy to me. Red dying, well, that's honestly fine with me, he cheated death more than enough. Chirika surviving was great, he was my favourite character. I don't think I've ever seen a child sidekick done so well, in any medium, at least not as far as I can remember.

I like how in his final moments Red thought so intensely of Ieroh, his one true friend. I actually teared up a little at the end, even if it's a "reincarnation", they really deserved to have one last talk at least.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you @kingsonte for giving us all the opportunity to enjoy this series. It has been wonderful reading along as you put these out at a blistering pace. Best wishes.

Thank you @kingsonte for the amazing job with this series.

So Ieroh survived and married an american woman that might or might not be Annie/Angie, I always thought that he would come back to Japan and search for the redhead from his backstory in the end, but this is fine too.

@kingsonte Thank you so much for introducing this work to Western readers see it to the end. It was a great journey with you. I hope to see you again in the future.

Once again. Thank you for your hard work!!!

I am surprisingly okay with this ending. Shame that Goldsmith and Gray didn't survive, but hey, Ieroh, Angie, Chirika and Brown did, despite the three out of the four being on the verge of dying too. One small personal problem with it is that if it was Angie who Ieroh ended up with, then it means that Ieroh didn't end up with that red haired ex-prostitute from his flashback.

Users who are viewing this thread