Regarding Group Delays and Harassment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Double-page supporter
are we entering japanese otaku attitude level already?...
pestering is one thing, harassment is another thing, but death threats?... holy sht...

Group Leader
I think people forget that most scanlators do their hard work for FREE, as a hobby
It's not obligatory.
It's their own time and effort they put into their stuff.
A chapter that takes less than a minute to read might have taken the scanlators ages to scanlate.

While scanlations may not always be perfect, there's still a lot of effort that's put into quality scanlations that most readers never notice. When I first started reading manga, I had no idea that non-digital manga raws had to be cleaned, or how much detail and time some redrawers put into their work. Only after I started translating and editing myself, did I realise how much effort it can actually take sometimes.
I am appreciative that I've never had to deal with redrawing screen-tones or deal with stuff like Japanese word play lol

Scanlators are the reason that people a lot more people are able to enjoy and read manga, manhwa, and manhua that they might not have been able to understand or find.
Just being appreciated is enough payment for a lot of people, and can really encourage scanlators to carry on with their work^^

Contributor
Group delays always felt pretty much very homosexual to me - but to throw random harassments around? Lol.
Internet, it happens everywhere.

To take them seriously, though? Lol.
Grow a pair.

TfXOjJR.png

Double-page supporter
@SunSun not sure if you mean about japanese otaku attitude of sending death threats(and actually trying to kill)or the people that keeps pestering scanslator but yeah... its just too sad...

Dex-chan lover
There's a lot to unpack here but we should burn the whole suitcase instead.

It's just manga, you dinguses. Stop with the death threats, jfc.

I can't believe people would be so ungrateful that they get to read a manga/manhua etc basically for free. In some ways I think delays are a good idea, as some finish translating early then set it up so the chapters release at the right time every day so that people don't have to worry about logging in to post. It also means that people can go on holiday without worrying about posting on time. I always feel that if people have the time to moan, then they should spend that time learning the language to see how hard it is to translate these things!

Contributor
People are ridiculous to a fault. I can hardly imagine the thought process behind harassing someone over a 24h delay.

I get being frustrated about having to wait but this is ridiculous. People need to grow up and be patient or they won't have anything to read AT ALL.

very nasty emails and death threats due to group delays on MangaDex.

Like.. seriously?
C'mon it's something most of them do for free and it's really hard work with all the translating, cleaning, typesetting and redraw! And yet some people are this ungrateful and pushy and RUDE!? :/
Why..
also.. death treaths.. just.. wt*

There's a fuckhuge button directing you to the scanlator group's website if you reach the delayed chapter, how insane do you have to be to send shit to them

Supporter
Sending death threats over a manga being delayed is a level of weeb I never hope to achieve.

Sooo not surprised people are STILL threatening groups. Been almost 10yrs(damn now that made me feel old...) since I gave up scanlating and I or the group(s) I was a part of were getting them then for just being an hour later than "normal". Ya can make these type of announcements all you want, but it'll never stop. There will be a new wave of entitled little shitheads that believe they have a right to have free manga as they just discovered its greatness. All can do is brush it off, move along, and ignore the demon seeds as they just keep respawning.

Fed-Kun's army
Death threats are fucking kidding me with this shit. It's just show how worthless people treat others that doing the work that can allow you to enjoy manga in your native language. People like the ones who harrass scanaltions groups are so fucking dumb.

If this pisses you off, leave a kind comment on your favorite scanlator's page thanking them for the effort they put in.

Be the good that drowns the bad!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread