Reiko's Style: Despite Being Mistaken for a Rich Villainess, She's Actually Just Penniless - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for your hard work all these years. Hopefully other folks will pick up the projects.

I want to drop kick that delusional girl...

@sweet-patato in this case, Reiko is just a 15 year old teenager with not so many friends her age , who grew up in a strict environment with really high standards. So she is expect to lack self-awerness. Some people who live in such an empoverished enviroment wouldn't even dare to invite friends over.

@selendom with that being said i fear for the future of the soujuu brother, if his friendship with her turns to something romantic she might not feel like she merits such a relationship

Why do I get the feeling that Reiko's neighbor and landlord are actually her secret bodyguards or is it just me? 🤔🤨

Code:
[USER=383892]@sheepdoge[/USER]
it will probably belike that at some point, hopefully it wont be dragged too much. Maybe she will be a bit like Haruhi from Ouran who didnt care much about status? the setting has a bit Ouran High school vibe wih the deluded otome chick and all.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks so much for all your hard work and translating this so far!!
Good luck with everything everyone!🤧😊

Dex-chan lover
How hilarious would it be if the FMC actually did end up being the villainess somehow?

Contributor
Thanks for your tranlastion until now.

Let's hope someone else will pick up this manga.

Dex-chan lover
Thank you for all the hard work you did, and for the adoption work you ended with.

@Siquall If I understood the very last page correctly, this one is already picked up.

Thank you for all the hard work!

I hope one of the chapters would just make Reiko snap one day from the absurdity Yuria had been spouting out.

That’ll be one hell of a chapter

Found a place where she introduces herself as Reika, rather than Reiko lol. Disrespectful to the goddess kali.

Dex-chan lover
@LuminousAzael I get where you're coming from but it'd probably take quite a lot to tip her over the edge like that, so it'd also be nice if Yuria never even gets that bad about it. Went to great lengths so far to establish that she's just treating it like when her grandmother started acting loony in her old age, so she's quite sympathetic towards Yuria.

I have to say, I don't know if it's from the translator or the original, but one of those people clearly doesn't bake.

Like, shortening is the fancy thing for baking, you only use butter as a substitute when you're missing shortening. Shortening has a higher fat content so when your baking it adds more richness and tenderness to whatever you made. Butter is partially water and as such makes the recipe less rich and tender.

Fed-Kun's army
@Fushiginiku Disagree ok that only maid got physically abused while MC wasn't as shouldn't be any abuse in first place, and MC was emotionally and verbally abused at times which can wound deeper than physical injuries. Such as the extremely strict and long practice times on the piano. Granted she's extremely talented as a result but has low self-esteem and few good memories with her grandmother as a result.
Agree that MC has experience due to her grandmother. However, there is a difference between someone who has trouble or can't accept reality over delusions due to brain damage caused by injury or old age which is untreatable and uncurable, and someone stuck in 8th grader syndrome who refuses to accept reality by choice. The grandmother was in declining health, was only going to get worse no matter what was done and never better, and the shock of abruptly forcing reality on her could kill her. The heroine, however, is young, in good health, doesn't have any physical or mental problems hindering treatment, is choosing to believe things are like a game she played while refusing to accept the differences in reality, and enabling her is just going to allow her to trouble the MC further. She's already dirtied a school uniform MC had no replacement for, assaulted MC verbally and physically, and causing people to believe she's a wild child with no maturity or tact.

Looks like Reiko also reads the James Bond novels, it's cute how she imagines herself as a rookie operative surrounded by veterans. ^^;;

@NoxFleur That's an interesting idea, it certainly makes Reiko seem more like an otome game character.

Users who are viewing this thread