Remarried Empress - Ch. 50

Aight it's time for the divorce soon! I already hear the wedding bells ringing for our mc woohooo lmao

@AntonioAvin28 well...yes and no. part of it is she kinda brings some of it on herself due to her lack of understanding high society and her tendency to put her foot in her mouth. i do feel bad for her to an extent but from what i've seen thus far (i've been reading the novel up to date on novelutopia so if there's somewhere where it's even further along and you know something i don't forgive my ignorance here ^^') at least half of what she's got going on is in some way the result of her doing something she shouldn't have

Dex-chan lover
I’m losing interest in the plot here.

I feel like the author has made Navier into a side character and is trying to weave a complex backstory for why Rashta is acting the way she does.... and it’s starting to wear me down. I just want actual plot development. We’ve been spinning our wheels on this whole “Rashta is a slave, here’s the 35-part history channel miniseries on it” thing for waaaay too long. I get setting up and solidifying the antagonist, but cmon man. We’re 50 chapters in, and we’re basically in the same place we were in chapter 15, save for a few details here and there. I heard it said once that a lot of people think a good antagonist is one that makes sense and is relatable, but this isn’t true. A good antagonist must be interesting before they can be anything else. Rashta isn’t interesting, she’s a got-damn annoyance and I resent her for taking up so much of the plot with her inane predicaments. At this point, we know more about Rashta than we do about Navier. That’s not always a bad thing to have a more developed antagonist, but in the context of this story, I don’t think it’s a good choice of character development.

I’m terrified that we’re going to get another 20 chapters of beating a dead horse about Rashta’s character before we actually get to something interesting in the story. I initially started reading this story because I thought it was actually going to focus on Navier and Henley, and how they grow closer, and maybe a half a chapter here and there about how Rashta is scheming to remove Navier and steal her position. Maybe we actually reach the event that was previewed in ch1 at some point in the next 50 chapters, and then we get to see the aftermath of their empress swap. How each side deals with the inevitable political falllout, Navier’s new life with Henley, how she deals with him being a fkin BIRD, rivals in her new palace, dealing with the nobles of her new home; these would all be really interesting topics to explore, but I just don’t see the story getting there before chapter 150.

I love this story, I really do. But if things keep going the way they are, I’ll end up dropping it pretty soon. It has so much wasted potential and it’s aggravating to read.

Anyways, thanks for coming to my TED talk.

I clearly see what Edgy is doing here 🙊 i used to dislike him but now i appreciate his job

@SugarFree

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Now can someone ping me when we actually get to the divorce part? I'm tired of waiting for every update only to end up in the same place as the previous chapter.

Double-page supporter
Now I'm confused, what the hell does the Duke want??? Like Jesus Rashta is as dumb as a sack of rocks!!! What are you gonna gain from using her???? Is he going after the West Empire throne by having a connection with Rashta once that little hoe turn Empress???? I hope Heinley isn't in on this dude

Fed-Kun's army
@Oodori I'm pretty sure Ergy is trying to separate Navier and Sovieshu so Navier can go with Heinrey, to put it simple he's the ultimate wingman

@SugarFree

I agree so much on this!

@De_Blois
I'm just bothered by how people don't see why Rashta is terrible.
It's true that there are plenty of stories where a character like her would be the protagonist. But differently from her, those characters are either:
a) genuinely innocent (think Beatrice)
b) experiencing constant guilt due to the problems they are causing
c) true victims that are trying their hardest to escape and live in peace

Rashta is power hungry. She doesn't genuinely love the Emperor, in fact, this chapter shows very well her rejoicing over finally being able to step over the people who stepped over her in the past.
And while there's plenty of revenge stories, they are usually built in such a way that the character learns to love people who weren't directly involved in their suffering. She does not love anyone, besides herself and her child at the moment.

Double-page supporter
@AstrumDeus Ultimate wingman or nah, I don't think Navier would be happy knowing that Heinley deliberately trying to destroy her relationship with Sovieshu no matter how much of a dick that emperor is :/

@SugatFree that is true I was hoping with this tension between trashoe and empress the divorce will be near but as you said the author is trying to make a story for Rastha and that is slowing the story very much ☹️

Group Leader
@Aurantix period

Even if Trashta becomes the protagonist, you’ll find people would still hate her because she ruins other people’s lives to make her own life better. Even if those people have never done anything bad to her. It would’ve been better if she directed her ill intention towards her previous master instead of the Duchess and the Empress because they ??? Legit haven’t done anything bad to her.

People say they feel bad because people around her have been manipulating her but I’d say it’s her own greediness and selfishness that she fell for their traps in the first place. If she wasn’t so greedy and selfish, she wouldn’t even have accepted their suggestions.

I never did and never will understand Trashta’s sympathizers because even if you put her in a typical villainess story, her motivation to destroy others isn’t out of revenge but simply to ruin others. Though I do agree that she’s not the only one to blame.

Feels like Ergy is the only one who has full control. Still can't tell what side he's on, but everyone seem to be dancing around to his tune with him barely doing anything

Personally I see Rashta as the true villainess in this story.

She is pathetic and thus pitiable yes. But the way she acts and reacts to things makes her all the more easily hateble. She comes at things with the expectation that things will go her way.

And when they dont she freaks out.

If she was humble things would have probably gone differently. But she had the low IQ to approach an empress casually on their first meeting. Regardless of who she is and her circumstances that is incredibly rude of her.

Group Leader
Rashta's personality is indeed not the most likeable. She's clearly not the protagonist, but she's not even the good girl yet, yet it's as if the writer is pushing us to try to understand her and sympathize with her. I understand that she was a slave and had a difficult life, but she still left her first child, didn't fight for it, and at the first opportunity became power-hungry. No guilt, no regrets. There's something wrong with her.

The typesett is nice, no comment. Thanks for your work! 😘

I wish there was another character who is/was a slave and is sympathetic so that this story didn't read so uncomfortably pro-slavery.
The author does try to properly show Rashtas side and make her understandable but there is a reason most readers hate her and call her trash.
Having the only slave in the story be a hateable antagonist is not good. Tho this story is by far not the only one that is being REAl icky with it.

lowkey thinking that the duke who's scheming with trashta is also conspiring with prince heinley in order to make navier his queen lol

Users who are viewing this thread