Retired Heroes

Howdy there folks, I'm the editor (and I guess PR guy now) of the scanlator group formerly known as CatScans, finally stepping out of the shadows. It might be too late for this now but I'd like to clear up some of the misunderstandings about us for the record:
[ul][*]This is our first time scanlating, so we're still figuring things out. In my original blog post I warned people that the quality would suck, but neglected to include such warnings in the chapter itself, which was then uploaded here.
[*]We did knowingly snipe Nekyou. But this was not with the intention to troll. It was borne out of my selfish desire to see the vast remainder of the chapters in English, even in greatly diminished form. If you're one of those who'd prefer to wait for a higher quality version that's perfectly fine, you don't have to read anything we post. We aren't doing this for money or Internet fame.
[*]We did NOT make alt accounts or tell anyone to say that Nekyou was dropping the series. If you can point out where this is happening I might be able to step in and make our stance known on the subject.
[*]We did not intend to steal the original Cat Scans' name. That was us failing to do even the most basic research. Our name has since been amended to the (admittedly still somewhat derivative) name of "Goat&CatScans". This is already reflected on my blog and mangaupdates.com, and hopefully the change will come through on the Facebook page and here soon as well. Apologies to the real Cat Scans and everyone else for all the confusion.[/ul]I'll be putting this out on other sites as well. Feel free to put us on full blast, we probably deserve most of it. Any constructive feedback is also appreciated.

Goat&CatScans is releasing at a faster pace than 'Nekyou (Several releases within a week vs monthly). Is the quality less? Perhaps. Is there drama over one group sniping another's projects? Only as much as they make of it. I however am more than fine with this as there are 62 chapters of the raw at the time that I am writing this and appreciate being able to read this work of art in a more realistic time frame. Regardless thank you 'Nekyou for introducing this series to me on mangadex and thank you Goat&CatScans for continuing it.

This turned into something way different and better than I expected. It feels like every one of these short chapters has some new twist to it.

@zahi970 RIGHT??!? Shit this is good. Is it just because interesting manhuas are never picked up by translators?

Can someone enlighten me about what's wrong with multiple groups translating a series?

Edit: I'd recommend reading Song of the Long March for anyone who's interested in reading other good manhua.

@aremem t has to do with sniping others projects. It's like the whole manga stream again when they started translating I believe seven deadly sins only after it gained traction and money to their site.

i rather have fast scanlations with readable quality. you all make it like the other group did a shit job. sure this is better but its not like the other translation is just gibberish and nonsensical

Dex-chan lover
I appreciate having slower, high-quality chapters that I can re-read along with faster, low-quality chapters so I can get the next part of the story in a more timely fashion. I hope both groups keep doing what they are doing and they have my thanks for translating this wonderful manhua.

Dex-chan lover
"We weren't bogarting finished scans!"
*releases 7 chapters in a day, after bragging about "approximately once a month releases*
"DEFINITELY NOT"

if y'all wanted to keep up appearances, this wasn't how to do it lmao

even if you're prideful you should show some restraint and do things properly lmao

Users who are viewing this thread