Rettou Gan no Tensei Majutsushi ~ Shiitagerareta Moto Yuusha wa Mirai no Sekai o Yoyuu de Ikinuku ~ - Ch. 114

Dex-chan lover
edit: forgot that Skill Taker still 4 chapters away from being fully translated, it technically did end tho lol, but that serie imo doesn't deserve shit, it somehow managed to get to the end of the novel though, but god
...I still don't understand why that one still exists.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
This feels like an axe. I know people are saying it is the actual ending of the light novel but it just has that "axed" feel.

Not only does this ending feel rushed, but the story itself feels incomplete, the whole Kronos business felt like it would be a second villain group, or that they were all manipulated by whoever changed how magic works.
I may be remembering everything wrong but it seems like it was all dropped. Kronos suddenly became alies, a demon comes out of nowhere as the cause but is quickly dispatched as if the two centuries meant nothing, and then we have this enormous arc based on a past hero that was either to appear in the prequel manga - that is kept separate so should have been kept as a story in itself that just expands this one - or was rushed into a flashback that came out of nowhere yet wanted to feel important.

Maybe the light novel itself was axed?

Yet, it seems there is an alternate story, with two translated chapters released two months ago? Plus the prequel?
How would this be axed, yet be popular enough for another version to exist? How does that work?

Dex-chan lover
This feels like an axe. I know people are saying it is the actual ending of the light novel but it just has that "axed" feel.

Not only does this ending feel rushed, but the story itself feels incomplete, the whole Kronos business felt like it would be a second villain group, or that they were all manipulated by whoever changed how magic works.
I may be remembering everything wrong but it seems like it was all dropped. Kronos suddenly became alies, a demon comes out of nowhere as the cause but is quickly dispatched as if the two centuries meant nothing, and then we have this enormous arc based on a past hero that was either to appear in the prequel manga - that is kept separate so should have been kept as a story in itself that just expands this one - or was rushed into a flashback that came out of nowhere yet wanted to feel important.

Maybe the light novel itself was axed?

Yet, it seems there is an alternate story, with two translated chapters released two months ago? Plus the prequel?
How would this be axed, yet be popular enough for another version to exist? How does that work?
Well there is some stuff that go more indepth in the novel because the extra chapters (like how the teachers dealt with the 'evil organization' remnants, and how emmerson took the lab to himself lol), some of them got into volume extras in the adaptation, but mangasushi have never touched any volume extra ever, last volume likely gonna have an extra too, but yeah still waiting for that humans are the strongest race epilogue tl

As for Cain and Ayame, both are introduced in the prequel / Vol 4.5, yes, but the prequel didn't get translated that far, it just stopped after finishing the 2nd arc out of 3, but Cain started to become relevant around Vol.4, which is why author felt the need of making that extra volume with backstory, but explained too that since some people don't care about flashbacks, the volume can be skipped, Cain was still introduced later in the main story and then had the last volume flashback (author intended to make more .5 volumes with the past arc, depending how well Vol. 4.5 sold, otherwise it was going to stick to main story and shove them into it, but well, see how that went lol)

And yeah, there is that long strip thing, that started last year, with latest raw at 36 so far and still going, but translation seems to have stopped

Author did finish the story 'properly' in the way they know, halfassed, like every other work they have, years ago (2016ish) the story was actually completed in WN form, but author deleted it when it got serialized into LN, then in 2020 reupload like half of it somewhere else (usual thing the author do, think only Skill Taker was never deleted, and still up mostly completed)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Eh.
If nothing else, at least it didn't turn into a harem. Abel x Lilith is/was best ship.
And like Abel said an earlier chapter, going out with Eliza or Noel would've been like going out with his grandkids or something, which would've been awkward as fuck.

Aggregator gang
Well beside this last chapter the manga was actually passable IMO, but this epilogue chapter ruined everything with it's rushed tempo...

Fed-Kun's army
Solid Mid, beginning to end.

I thought this was going somewhere at one point, but it ended up being so medicore that i can't even bother to praise or criticize it for anything. Heck, i don't even remember why i kept reading this in the first place.

Thanks for the work!

Well, it's not a bad ending, just lacks anything to make it good. I'm actually glad it isn't an open ending. THAT would suck.

Well there is some stuff that go more indepth in the novel because the extra chapters (like how the teachers dealt with the 'evil organization' remnants, and how emmerson took the lab to himself lol), some of them got into volume extras in the adaptation, but mangasushi have never touched any volume extra ever, last volume likely gonna have an extra too, but yeah still waiting for that humans are the strongest race epilogue tl

As for Cain and Ayame, both are introduced in the prequel / Vol 4.5, yes, but the prequel didn't get translated that far, it just stopped after finishing the 2nd arc out of 3, but Cain started to become relevant around Vol.4, which is why author felt the need of making that extra volume with backstory, but explained too that since some people don't care about flashbacks, the volume can be skipped, Cain was still introduced later in the main story and then had the last volume flashback (author intended to make more .5 volumes with the past arc, depending how well Vol. 4.5 sold, otherwise it was going to stick to main story and shove them into it, but well, see how that went lol)

And yeah, there is that long strip thing, that started last year, with latest raw at 36 so far and still going, but translation seems to have stopped

Author did finish the story 'properly' in the way they know, halfassed, like every other work they have, years ago (2016ish) the story was actually completed in WN form, but author deleted it when it got serialized into LN, then in 2020 reupload like half of it somewhere else (usual thing the author do, think only Skill Taker was never deleted, and still up mostly completed)
now i kinda hope abel x lilith extra chapter marriage/future life

jlm

Double-page supporter
Fyi, this story doesn't count as isekai because he reincarnated into his own world.

Note that that doesn't make the points either of you made about the genre less valid.
Hence why I put an asterisk and mentioned derivative genres. Because despite not being, it work like one and borrows storytelling features of one

Dex-chan lover
It's the same ending as the novel so that wasn't really axing. Just a bland ending because he didn't know where to take the plot after using all the generic tropes and plot points in his disposal
whose to say the novel wasn't also axed. plenty of those also get axed even if it's not as common.

Dex-chan lover
whose to say the novel wasn't also axed. plenty of those also get axed even if it's not as common.
Because the novel was already completed in WN form years ago, even if is not completely available anymore, you can't axe a WN lol, author just ported and added some extra stuff when it got published as a LN

People really trying to make a bland ending an axed one, is the same with every work from this author, WN get completed with a shit ending > get published into LN > WN get deleted > LN end with the same shit WN ending > people call it axed

Dex-chan lover
Loved the start, the mid was decent to good. Nice build up of story.
Then it felt like last arc or two FELT like they were either stressing out some big plan, or shuddering them down to all 'he got this, no problem" It felt incomplete or slightly rushed with some of the open-strings on 'but what about...."
But, on the other hand, definatly also felt they were running out of ideas/material to actually bring this story from good to epic with the arcs. So on that note i'm kinda happy this got at least an ending, sure there's signs of the axe on the last few chapters, and the carboncopy "then time passes the end!" So, best to end on a better note now, then drag it to blah like a few others.
Much thanks to the scan teams who put in so much effort for the rest to enjoy, please keep up the great work everyone!

Dex-chan lover
Because the novel was already completed in WN form years ago, even if is not completely available anymore, you can't axe a WN lol, author just ported and added some extra stuff when it got published as a LN

People really trying to make a bland ending an axed one, is the same with every work from this author, WN get completed with a shit ending > get published into LN > WN get deleted > LN end with the same shit WN ending > people call it axed
well then that just means this author is shit and his editor just as shitty for letting him write such endings.

Dex-chan lover
About as shit as expected. Idk there was something about this one that had premise right from the start but never really got there in the end. Thank you for the scans, you work is appreciated!

Users who are viewing this thread