Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru - Vol. 2 Ch. 16 - Marie Motive

Dex-chan lover
The girl literally shouted out "husbando kita!" - or whatever the japanese translation was - at the top of her lungs, and yet she didn't realize the girl was courting mc until at the very end this chapter? How dense can you be?

@degenerateafro That he can die at the drop of a hat is a pro, as then you inherit all his stuff and can court the next. Besides, c-rank ones werent the kind just scraping by, but rather the top of a city, likely with extensive savings accounts. They also seemed to be the point where most adventurers slow down, ie. becoming an instructor instead, or perhaps only accepting safer quests (rather, if they hadnt already, then they would likely already be dead - barring extreme initial stats like mc).
As for side pieces, you are exactly right. It depends form person to person, and odds are that she will have side pieces of her own, for when he leaves on long-term quests.

Aggregator gang
@feha Meh, if she's just looking for someone with stable income, Graff seems nice enough. Unless he's married already she can get with him. Or perhaps she tried and he rejected her. 😅

Also the "my future husband is here" thing was probably an internal monologue much like most of her musings this chapter. I doubt she said it out loud.

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro I would agree that it was an internal monologue based on only the font and such of when she said it (as well as how noone with common sense would suddenly shout that sentence :p).
But when I consider the prior panel, where she takes a deep deep breath, as well as the art, where she is clearly going from leaning back breathing in to forward with a wide mouth (fairly well-established way to draw someone shouting as loud as they can), I can only draw the conclusion that it was verbal and not just internal :D
That, or to the others it looked like she wound up the biggest "Im'a exhale on you for no reason" ever, which isn't a thing to begin with, afaik.😅

Dex-chan lover
@degenerateafro
If they die all their shit is yours, i don't expect this to be a world where losers are able to take large loans on a mansion lmao.

She's going after a super strong guy or a high potential guy not a weak bottom of the barrel dude.

Aggregator gang
@Darkmeep That's assuming a dude who goes out and fights monsters for a living is financially sound enough to put his money into tangible assets like a mansion instead of blowing his money on cool new gear with little to no resale value. For some reason I get the feeling that most adventurers would be more like lotto winners who blow all of their money after a few years instead of being fiscally responsible individuals.

Not that MC will have that problem, but as a person who has worked with enough freelance contractors, the ones who are good with money aren't the ones who buy mansions. Then again she might have a plan of her being the one to manage the money. Surely she has the experience.

FIGHT FIGHT FITE FITE FIGHT!
16 chapters in and a harem quarrel has started with the mc probably going to be an absolutely brain dead, zero common sense, “Why are they fighting over me?” type of person. Nearly all isekai mc are.

She's stealing this race like how joe stole the election

P.s.
10/10 moderated because people can't, or is too ignorant, to see connotations... I meant that she is quite literally winning, oh and combined with the fact that erb's new release is on point
the mood got to me, and people can't take a meme

Dex-chan lover
@bakauguu Makes sense. I just said that under the assumption of the pressure between practicing and the actual thing, would end up with her making some contorted face since it's the first actual time she's going to use it.

@Meishellobye yeah, I do it mostly because it's irritating to read sometimes. It's always the same thing: gets isekai'd, goes around killing monsters, saves some random bimbo (usually a knight, which will later happen to be the daughter of a nobleman, and that is going to start the next arc), goes to a city with said bimbo, guards ask for ID, doesn't have an ID or anything, "oh you can get sign up at the adventurer's guild, you can make some money and the guild card can be used as an ID", goes to the guild, random hardstuck low-intermediate rank delinquent adventurer picks a fight with MC, only to get his ass handled to himself, cute receptionist explains F to S rank bs, which is usually the same copy and paste shit, MC has to take an exam to become an adventurer, "oh no, the examiner for today's test is the big bad uncle Bumblefuck, a retired adventurer who used to be the city's strongest", said examiner gets shit on by the MC, everyone is impressed, with the optional of starting at the lowest-second lowest rank, which kind of defeats the purpose of an exam, leading the MC to speedrunning the whole shit, and after this the clichés will depend on whether the story has a more serious or a more light-hearted, "slow-life" sort of tone to it.

Users who are viewing this thread