Rettoujin no Maken Tsukai: Skill Board wo Kushi Shite Saikyou ni Itaru

Pretty interesting, though I'm personally not a fan of characters that become so possessive of the MC that they end up being deadweight, become a thorn on the side, and end up putting the MC in a cage.
Let my MC discover things on his own (for awhile), make his own parties with people he meets along the way. Not the "shit, this person is strong. I need to scam them to make a party with me, so I can cruise my way to success" kind of people. That way of character building has really become a trope.

The art style on the cover, is it from the web novel?
I mean the manga's art style is so different in quality compared to the cover.

Fed-Kun's army
@einjineer
There's a high chance it's from Web Novel, but every now and then manga artist will put a lot more effort into cover art than actually art or commission another artist to do cover art if they don't have the time to work on it.
But it's a bummer either way, so many manga where I got drawn in by the cover art quality and the actually manga art is anywhere from slightly to majorly inferior or the artstyle is completely different.

I don't mind OP MCs, not even bad writing or generic plot.
What always kills the mood for me is MC being stubborn about not killing people...
That is honestly my biggest pet peeve with JP WN in general, because apparently when you're struggling for your life in despair, you have enough mental presence to contemplate morality of murder...

It often comes with that nice hypocrisy of killing demons who are also humanoid with self-awareness and inteligence without blinking, but killing a highwayman who literally makes his living based on murder and theft with occasional spice of rape is for some reason wrong...

haaaah....

and then there are those who overcompensate and make the char sociopath...

intereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesting....

Dex-chan lover
@deSolAxe, it’s not really his fault that he can’t kill, the writer for some reason prevents the MC from killing because the sword is magical, he clearly sliced them in 2 but the sword apparently doesn’t cut humans

@Mangadexorgy
I wasn't really talking concretely about this one, but more in general.

On the other hand, there is no reason to believe that it can't...
it might just be like the magic in Nanoha in that it can hurt/kill only if you intend it to...
but without explanation - who knows, for all I know it can only cut people who have blamed their farts on others...

Stupidly OP Isekai Protagonists and Title/Descriptions calling them inferior/underpowered/underdogs overcoming the odds- name a more iconic duo.

@ deSolAxe 100% agree.
it is such a problem. you have two extremes, timid little bitch or kill every one over really petty shit. I just don't get why they are like that, I mean it doesn't help with story reasons. I have yet to read one where a mc has actual development and moves on from that mentality.

Aight, what sort of bs is this? You telling me no one ever picked a skill named limit break? A skill most characters in jrpgs have? Even ignoring that, what idiots would ignore such a cool sounding skill?

pretty good, people when playing games don't go for general stats and go for op skills, that's why people would fail to understand the right way to use the great way to build OP in a isekai, even underlvl u could beat strong foes with good sinergy

God , and here i thought kayahara sensei draw the manga 😂

*He actually draw the novel illustration fyi

Users who are viewing this thread