Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 13 Ch. 54 - The Storm's Arrival

Dex-chan lover
Because this would be like using the Pony Express just to exchange love notes. Teleportation requires a fairly significant amount of magical energy and so it comes at a premium. Usually the only people who do get this treatment are either VIP's who need to be somewhere really, REALLY fast or its people who have the funds to offer in compensation and a damn good reason for it.
But daily magic energy is use-it-or-lose-it and Zenjirou and Aura both have magic to spare. They could use it to keep in touch with each other, surely.

Dex-chan lover
If Zenjirou had brought over a copy of Sun Tzu's The Art of War and transcribed it into their language, Puyol would absolutely DEMAND that it become part of the curriculum at their officers academy.
I'm pretty sure most of the stuff in Art of War is already implemented/used/acknowledged in this world.
The bollocking Puyol gave that snotty officer, copied straight from the bollocking he got when being a young snotty officer is straight from Art of War...

I think he would love a copy, though.. The knowledge that your approach to warfare aligns with someone who is considered one of the greatest philosophers of warfare in another world would warm his ambitious little heart..

I'd make sure Puyol would never get his hands on Il Principe though...

Dex-chan lover
English is so cool with it's "the day after tomorrow"! And it's totally cool that it has the word defenestration, which is an action of throwing someone out of the window, yet there's only "the day after tomorrow".

Dex-chan lover
Nah, the author is doing a masterful job with this; taking an outlandish scenario like "A beautiful queen from another world has chosen you, of all people, to be her husband" and deconstructs the ever-loving hell out of it without turning it into A Song of Ice and Fire. (aka Game of Thrones)
I like that it manages to have interesting political intrigue without it having to be so much hostility and backstabbing, literal or not.

English is so cool with it's "the day after tomorrow"! And it's totally cool that it has the word defenestration, which is an action of throwing someone out of the window, yet there's only "the day after tomorrow".
We have "overmorrow" in my language. And a similar word in the other direction of time.

Dex-chan lover
A lot of languages has a word for "the day after tomorrow", russian has aftertommorow for example (послезавтра)
Mostly I find it funny how English speakers are so stiff about various word counts and what is officially a "real" word. Meanwhile, many languages write words together if they belong together rather than strictly using adjectives, adverbs, and such to describe things, and have grammatical, formal or informal, rules for how you create new words or meanings (like using a verb as a noun or vice versa).

Dex-chan lover
that previous general was a smart man. it's true that only commanders and generals can be called incompetent since foot soldiers can only do as they are told and have no autonomy.

Users who are viewing this thread