Risou no Himo Seikatsu - Vol. 15 Ch. 62 - Behind the Negotiations

Dex-chan lover
So
Whats the point of all of this convoluted plot and politics?
Some greedy old men want to conquer the world and order the young men to die?
It appears to be the same case with many a political challenge - a zero sum game where one side must lose when others win.

A reminder that the Sharowa are meant to be in an internal struggle, one which they pulled Zenjirou (and by extension, his infant son) into. In this case, Zenjirou's purported anger is clearly the reason to tread lightly, else they'd essentially have given away an allied kingdom's support to the brother that Zenjirou (and by extension, the Capua kingdom) is on better terms with.

I think this arc establishes more instances of royal cloak and dagger setups, as each side tries to avoid being the biggest loser.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't think forbidding something outside the country would work that well. Other countries don't care about those laws, so smuggling would happen. And on that scale, you can't control everything.

Immediate shade on Bruno. I wonder if that's malice or humour...

Warning got through. That they don't know exactly only makes it better. Using a weakness isn't as easy in continuous relationships where that part has other advantages.

Gonna be interesting to see how Freya's going to deal with this.

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while since I read this manga (or at least the previous arc). This might be a case of misremembering, but I'm surprised that the Sharowa king and crown prince don't know why Zenjirou is displeased with them. I understand why Zenjirou is angry at them, they implicitly implied kidnapping/ threatening his son if I remember right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

However is this chapter now trying to imply that it was unintentional on Sharowa's part? Or was it intentional but they don't know what they need to do in order to make ammends?

Dex-chan lover
It's been a while since I read this manga (or at least the previous arc). This might be a case of misremembering, but I'm surprised that the Sharowa king and crown prince don't know why Zenjirou is displeased with them. I understand why Zenjirou is angry at them, they implicitly implied kidnapping/ threatening his son if I remember right. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

However is this chapter now trying to imply that it was unintentional on Sharowa's part? Or was it intentional but they don't know what they need to do in order to make ammends?
There was no part regarding kidnapping.

The child conversation was about using the son as a political tool to normalize relationships between magical families. This would be doxxing his heritage and making his life growing up harder.

Dex-chan lover
There was no part regarding kidnapping.

The child conversation was about using the son as a political tool to normalize relationships between magical families. This would be doxxing his heritage and making his life growing up harder.
There was implied kidnapping due to the agreement about his son having shared heritage with their powers and thus a breaking of the covenant that they secretly signed, but it was subtle; I don't blame you for missing it.

Users who are viewing this thread