RTA Sousha wa Game Sekai kara Kaerenai

One of the biggest pluses imo of this story for a isekai is that, for the most part, the "game" world feels like it's based on a actual game and not just whatever the writer wants to happen no matter how illogical it is for a game to possible do. (SAO isn't a isekai but it's the biggest example of "that's not how it works".) And that includes the bugs the MC abuses which makes me laugh hard.

Double-page supporter
The look on her face when she gets the world's most powerful (bikini) armour set....

Dex-chan lover
One of the biggest pluses imo of this story for a isekai is that, for the most part, the "game" world feels like it's based on a actual game and not just whatever the writer wants to happen no matter how illogical it is for a game to possible do. (SAO isn't a isekai but it's the biggest example of "that's not how it works".) And that includes the bugs the MC abuses which makes me laugh hard.
yes, that is one major annoy i have with a lot of "VRMMORPG" or "reborn in game" series, the author clearly never play or just ignore logic to make the MC OP.
Like how BOFURI has the MC broke all kind of game's logic, like able to tank the boss simplely because the boss has nothing but poison attack, got a perfect set in beginner dungeon for her class, make a broken build but the Dev only nerf to prevent other people copy that build but the patch doesn't effect her, the poison skill she learned from the first boss able to be use again other high level boss because they don't have any debuff resistant. I know you can just watch it as a comedy but the logic bending is way too annoying for me to ignore.

So a manga with the author clearly know how a game work or do a lot of research on it is great.

Also another thing I noticed: The MC actually EXPLAINED about the world being a game (Granted off screen inbetween Ch1 and 2 but still) which...I can not name a single isekai where that happens. At best maybe one played for drama much later on but.

Dex-chan lover
Run invalidated; he cartwheeled....
But seriously this is worth a read and actually has some value for other people to take bits and pieces for their stories that use game worlds

Dex-chan lover
It's golden, it's true to how gamer act IRL and is logic with how game are made, but the comedy is always on point.

yes, that is one major annoy i have with a lot of "VRMMORPG" or "reborn in game" series, the author clearly never play or just ignore logic to make the MC OP.
Like how BOFURI has the MC broke all kind of game's logic, like able to tank the boss simplely because the boss has nothing but poison attack, got a perfect set in beginner dungeon for her class, make a broken build but the Dev only nerf to prevent other people copy that build but the patch doesn't effect her, the poison skill she learned from the first boss able to be use again other high level boss because they don't have any debuff resistant. I know you can just watch it as a comedy but the logic bending is way too annoying for me to ignore.

So a manga with the author clearly know how a game work or do a lot of research on it is great.
Bofuri is not a "serious" manga, the story is clearly made to be a comedy. That's why many things are made only for the comedy, like the MC literaly eating a boss alive.

Dex-chan lover
Bofuri is not a "serious" manga, the story is clearly made to be a comedy. That's why many things are made only for the comedy, like the MC literaly eating a boss alive.
i know, that is why i add that "I know you can just watch it as a comedy but the logic bending is way too annoying for me to ignore."
Which is also why i don't call it is bad series either, since even if i hate it, i know this kind of thing work for a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread