Run Away With Me, Girl - Vol. 4 Ch. 16

Dex-chan lover
This manga didn't resonate with me nearly as much as Still Sick did. I think it is because there's several aspects I can't relate to (abuse, cheating, and pregnancy are all things I haven't had to deal with personally) whereas having a destructive personality, low self-esteem, and being unable to figure out your own emotions are themes I have vast amounts of experience with and share in common with Still Sick.

Still, I liked the series, even if it wasn't relatable for me personally.

So I just teared up at the dinner table in front of my mother and stepdad and I don't even know why. Grown man btw. That was a hell of a sucker punch.

Anyway, went ahead and did buy the Kindle volumes on that basis alone. Thanks for your work in spreading awareness for works like these.

Dex-chan lover
Things I’m okay with : an original and pleasant way to make a finale for sure

Things I didn’t like : not seeing the main couple after the timeskip, and the fact that her father and Maki are together. Should’ve just rot in hell.

@emMeBi86 was it ever mentioned that his father and midori was living together?

I'm pretty sure Midori and Momo are under one roof and as for the father she might met him from time to time? Like it's very common to met your parents even if they're divorce.

A bit sad to not see the main couple on this last chapter, but at least everything is going well for them and that's the most important thing. A wonderful manga, thank you very much for translating it!

Can someone explain this last chapter to me? Maki and Momo are together? Who’s the person with Kon? I’m so confused and it’s been a while...

I'm soo glad this great story has a happy ending! Been a while since a story has made me feel the way this one did, I hope that With the Kid saying her Dad is really kind to her means he sorted his shit out and got everything together.

Dex-chan lover
@Zoeko

Kon is the daughter of the MCs that decided to get married a chapter ago(Yeah, she's also the biological daughter of that bastard). Essentially, this is a flashforward.

The person that serves as a guide, it's the same friend that talked all the time with Maki on the phone and she also invited them to her island. At that time she was an underaged school girl with identity problems because of her sexual orientation and her profession looking down the line. She also was "dating" her best friend out of pity, but after seeing the MCs relationship flourish she decided to tell him everything. Here we get confirmation that at least she keeps on taking photos, but we never know if she dates the girl she likes afterwards which is totes realistic if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread