Ruri Dragon - Ch. 15 - Thanks for Waiting

Dex-chan lover
So, now Maeda is literally Ruri's snarky "work" friend? I don't even know what to think about this. They were clearly not intended to be arch-enemies, and I myself have the experience of friends with whom we initially quarreled, but this seems a bit too fast IMHO. But somehow I like that the manga continues to be a realistic female teen story instead of the traditional moe nonsense. I even started playing the Beverly Hills 90210 theme song in my head at one point, lmao.

Dex-chan lover
One tiny detail I noticed that helps make this story feel more grounded in addition to the dialogue and character interaction, and one that I appreciate in any SOL manga that has it, is that not everybody has to wear ridiculously short skirts and they all actually have them down to their knees where it would have realistically been. It's really not that big a detail but I cannot overstate how weird it can be where a manga pretends that a character is "typical", "average" and borderline invisible in school, but just casually wears her skirt like 5 cm below the waist.

Dex-chan lover
Nice to see things going well. Wonder what the next trait will be that complicates things further.

Dex-chan lover
One tiny detail I noticed that helps make this story feel more grounded in addition to the dialogue and character interaction, and one that I appreciate in any SOL manga that has it, is that not everybody has to wear ridiculously short skirts and they all actually have them down to their knees where it would have realistically been. It's really not that big a detail but I cannot overstate how weird it can be where a manga pretends that a character is "typical", "average" and borderline invisible in school, but just casually wears her skirt like 5 cm below the waist.
Well, it depends on the genre. Many conventional realistic SoLs that don't rely solely on "bishoujo" characters show this. It's just that most people associate CGDCT and school harems as authentic high school anime, which is somewhat ironic.

Supporter
So, now Maeda is literally Ruri's snarky "work" friend? I don't even know what to think about this. They were clearly not intended to be arch-enemies, and I myself have the experience of friends with whom we initially quarreled, but this seems a bit too fast IMHO. But somehow I like that the manga continues to be a realistic female teen story instead of the traditional moe nonsense. I even started playing the Beverly Hills 90210 theme song in my head at one point, lmao.
Imo i dont find It fast. They had issues with eachother because both sides barely knew a thing and Just judged by Surface, now that they got forced to Work together It allowed for a better understanding. Its a much more realistic Approach than having a Arc to develop and end with a Sorry for judging. Kids arent the type to do that lmao

Also its not like theyre best buddies all love n stuff. She Just stopped hating on her

Dex-chan lover
Aww, no flying or some leg power awakening? Thought they were cooking for one.

I can see friends waiting for you for hours and stuff. But I can't imagine a friend RUNNING just because you're waiting.

Dex-chan lover
In this chapter of "I'm a localizer, not a translator..."

More cringey dialogue and slang that doesn't exist in the source material. It got extra bad the moment she got to the school gates. The guy outright just kept bullet points of what they talked about, then winged the rest.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Imo i dont find It fast. They had issues with eachother because both sides barely knew a thing and Just judged by Surface, now that they got forced to Work together It allowed for a better understanding. Its a much more realistic Approach than having a Arc to develop and end with a Sorry for judging. Kids arent the type to do that lmao

Also its not like theyre best buddies all love n stuff. She Just stopped hating on her
I'm not saying they are the best buddies now. It’s just that, in my opinion, one conversation is clearly not enough for a person with an obvious bias against you to suddenly become neutral towards you. Instead, it really feels like a story arc where the characters change after the conflict is resolved.

Dex-chan lover

In the rewrite, the other girl had a point: ReRi really just didn't care about anyone. Meanwhile, ReRi didn't have any particular issue with the girl. In the raw, she judged RawRi through sheer psychological projection.

Iam happy that Ruri's have a friend like that, i wonder if i Still gonna have friends like that after graduate

Dex-chan lover
In this chapter of "I'm a localizer, not a translator..."

More cringey dialogue and slang that doesn't exist in the source material.
Mate, you could always just not read it. If you can read the raws as is, more power to you. Now if you'd just stick to them you'll save yourself the trouble of cringing at this "horrible translation" every time.

Users who are viewing this thread