Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 8 Ch. 47 - Election, Magic, and the Courier II

Dex-chan lover
It sounds like the italians feared any particular uniting ideology. Which is pretty fair, looking at history.

Dex-chan lover
The commbination of spells had me LOL
But then the dead couriers showed the grim reminder of how deadly politics can be….
This universe has resurrection spell (which Yoshida can vouch for from Ch. 1). Basically the PO got themselves a minor setback and unexpected budgetary concern.

As an aside, in real medieval/renaissance Italy, messengers were usually squires and guild members, so actual murdering of messengers like shown here almost never happened. People engaged in a power struggle generally didn't want to get on the bad side of noble/knightly houses and the guilds by murdering their members because that would lead to feuds, enmities, possibly boycott, and generally failure to seize power or a very short-term rule. It's easier to just bribe them. The situation in the manga where there is a very ideologically dedicated postal organization with unbribable workers never existed historically in this era.

Dex-chan lover
oh man, it was shocking looking at the corpses, i hope for no more deaths

Dex-chan lover
oh man, it was shocking looking at the corpses, i hope for no more deaths
They can be revived.

though to be honest, I’m actually quite sympathetic to the base issues the wizards have about their working conditions and their deteriorating roles and living conditions in the city. The way the head mage also treats them is quite horrible. A union is supposed to protect you, not side with the very people who seek to drive you into destitution.

The way they go about addressing these problems is not great, but in this instance violence is born of desperation. Though I think there were other ways to try and address their issues and improve their lot in life

They can be revived.

though to be honest, I’m actually quite sympathetic to the base issues the wizards have about their working conditions and their deteriorating roles and living conditions in the city. The way the head mage also treats them is quite horrible. A union is supposed to protect you, not side with the very people who seek to drive you into destitution.

The way they go about addressing these problems is not great, but in this instance violence is born of desperation. Though I think there were other ways to try and address their issues and improve their lot in life
Judging by the earlier chapters you can only revive if you've "saved" at a church which none of those couriers have probably done. They're dead dead.

Dex-chan lover
Judging by the earlier chapters you can only revive if you've "saved" at a church which none of those couriers have probably done. They're dead dead.
No, they're fine. Autosave was one of the "perks" of working in the otherwise horribly abusive postal service, and they have their in-house cleric (who does double duty in admin). Yoshida's problem in Ch. 1 was that she was only an apprentice back then and didn't qualify for - er... medical benefits I guess?

Users who are viewing this thread