Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 57 - The Decisive Battle IV

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter.

The essence of “The Player” is captured well here. We tend to choose whichever makes the character stronger, faster. :ROFLMAO:

So, too bad the nameless citizens could not offer a better/unique reward/gear. Had they done so the Hero will be right there with them.

Dex-chan lover
The anti-Idazig alliance still has a hidden trump card: The thieves' guild leader is the betrayed former hero. The guild itself hasn't done much so far, so I'm guessing they'll show up at the last minute. Plus Molga and the various now disloyal factions of the city (including their SCP equivalent) will eventually start doing stuff to fuck up everyone's plans and insert exactly the kind of total chaos Pohtan hates, lol.

Fed-Kun's army
The anti-Idazig alliance still has a hidden trump card: The thieves' guild leader is the betrayed former hero. The guild itself hasn't done much so far, so I'm guessing they'll show up at the last minute. Plus Molga and the various now disloyal factions of the city (including their SCP equivalent) will eventually start doing stuff to fuck up everyone's plans and insert exactly the kind of total chaos Pohtan hates, lol.
wait, which chapter was this told?

Dex-chan lover
wait, which chapter was this told?

Molga found out that children were being used as fuel for barrels in chapter 53 and has been doing her own thing since then. The Verification Office (Idazig's SCP) got betrayed and went rogue (or went rogue first and got punished for it, depends on viewpoint) in chapter 53.1.

For a list of the Eight-eyed's secret allies, go to chapter 14 where she is first introduced. She mentions "The Organization" on page 29-30, composed of the orc-killers, the heretics, the beastmasters, and the Thief Corporation. The overall president of "The Organization" is the head of the thieves, the original legendary hero. His story is told in Chapter 31 by Pohtan the Weakest (the Podesta). For the story of Pohtan's true identity and raison d'etre, also read chapter 31.

Chapter 53 page 4 last panel also confirms that the beastmasters attacking Idazig are on loan from "The Organization" and that Pohtan is aware of them.

Also, I just realized that Inolie has been running rogue all this time. She's basically chaos incarnate, so she'll eventually play some weird role in the conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
Why feet...well, whatever.
I like Sigurd's way of thinking. Like "hmmm, she doesn't need the prisoner for interrogation, she wants to torture...well, whatever"
So, office workers use the same handwriting as doctors with their prescriptions, lol
This little part about "they threw a hyacinth at us because it was around, no other reason", that's when wizards started to understand something
The head of security office's "it's my plan to secure my position hahaha" at the end was funny. What a hero
Looks like lord Sinnen's ciphered uppercase message is a gibberish. A shame, I wanted to know what he's trying to say.
At "now you've done it, Sabu-chaaaan" I laughed. That was funny
And I like how after madame's speech about voodoo dolls and cremation they all go like "welp, no other choice. We'll die anyway".
My favourite comedy

So Oswald is here, and with the Hero & co. out on a surgical strike he might the single most powerful person in the city, short of the Eight-Eyed herself.
Actually, I don't believe we've ever been told Oswald's level, hmm.
Anyways, this is the best news I could possibly have asked for, my dream of the Madame's epic showdown with her scorned apprentice is looking excitingly likely.
If he gets unceremonially swatted away by her I'm going to be so mad, you don't even know.

Dex-chan lover
For an overwhelming force, Madam Eight Eyes and the mages sure are dumb to not have realized that they were being toyed with this entire time.

Dex-chan lover
For an overwhelming force, Madam Eight Eyes and the mages sure are dumb to not have realized that they were being toyed with this entire time.

Because they weren't. The battle situation changed drastically in Chapter 53, which was when Pohtan came up with the strategy to sic the Hero Party on the beastmasters and after the Legal Army got to Sinnen. This is basically already Idazig's Plan C (if not well past T). The Hero Party WERE supposed to hide out. They instead went rogue because they're assholes who don't play well in a team and Pohtan redirected them to just play the way they wanted to.

Sabu is overanalyzing again and thinking that the citizens' defense was some sort of ruse because of how stupidly obvious the traps were, but the traps had to be obvious because the citizens ARE that stupid and had to literally handicap themselves to prevent friendly fire. It's just that the gangsters allied to the wizards are just as dumb. Everything is deteriorating because both sides are fighting with armies of idiots. The only thing (barely) keeping Idazig together is actually the pre-Pohtan bureaucracy's secret resilience.

Off-topic, but I think the Hero kinda got the short end of the stick due to real world timing because he showed up in English with his player mentality right after the worldwideweeb got a taste of two cours of Himmel.

Users who are viewing this thread