Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 60 - The Decisive Battle VII

Dex-chan lover
me when I send 200 .10 divisions against the germans and grind them down with cas

Dex-chan lover
Holy shieeeet. Thing get hot right away.

I am curious if our little pointy-ears lady ever consider go back to the forest after all this war and stuff in human land. Probably no, considering her useless senpai is doing his best once in a while.

Another thing is, now that both sides threw everything they had in the fray, all for their own idea without caring about the consequences, what's going to happen to the city, and how the citizens are going to cope with the aftermath.

Dex-chan lover
the question that only stands is what will run out faster: hero's hp or canon fodder's numbers. It's kinda odd that madame doesn't use kind of shots she used on a Sigurd when she met him and wiped him out of her view. Instead she uses some meteor shower, and these things are hella random. I'm afraid the victory of one side will look less like logical and expected, and more like "the author said so"

Dex-chan lover
I really like how this manga shows the bounty on Eight-Eyes backfiring as it actually made the more competent citizens spread out trying to snipe her (and getting killed in small batches) instead of concentrating their efforts like Pohtan intended.

The annoying thing is that this whole mess turns out to come from Pohtan trying to prove her theory works IRL to a demon king who's already long dead (and whose observations have proven correct so far).

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, using artillery against massed infantry and vehicles (and even small to medium groups of them) are what's been winning wars since even the Napoleonic era. People don't realize this due to war movies focusing on small unit action more than anything else for the drama, but most of war is artillery barrages and airstrikes, and most people die from those and machine gun fire or grenades / mortars.

We see this in the modern era, in WW1, WW2, and even Ukraine right now, with Drones being a form of lighter, guided artillery.

Users who are viewing this thread