Ryuu to Yuusha to Haitatsunin - Vol. 9 Ch. 61 - The Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier II

Dex-chan lover
I'm more sympathetic to the Mages considering alot of their issues stem from the human right abuses of the city first.
The mages abuse each other before anyone else, literally the reason they're revolting is because they want to live in a "strong eats the weak" world again, they literally want to be the rulers and demolish civilization technologies that allow regular people to be useful without majjyk

Fed-Kun's army
Are you guys forgetting the "demon" saw her entire nation be destroyed by a hero and thus wanted to see the end of rule of the abnormalities? Make no mistake the mages aren't doing this because of mages rights, and the Podesta didn't start this, it's of course the very last defense of the weak against the strong who desire to rule by might and might only. The previous "betrayed" hero might be the reason all of this started.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is that the former tax woman will destroy the uberbarrel to save the children which will lead to a showdown between the Hero party and the Madam

Dex-chan lover
I am standing with Civilization because I am pro Civilization and anti "Magic users fuck things up for everyone because no one can stop them"

Dex-chan lover
I love anti-magic fields and ability denying. My favourite shtick as a GM, tho can't exactly use it that oft.
Not that fun when you are a player and get hit with it, though.

I wonder if the founder, former Hero will make an appearance. There ain't that many chapters left for that, though.
I can't remember exactly all of her previous appearances, but she's the "weakest of the four generals" shown in previous chapter. It's explained on... probably the election chapter? That the city have a foreigner as podesta on purpose. She's from the "demon kingdom" which is basically not middle east, who got destroyed by a hero some time in the past (and iirc later the hero got betrayed by his party/the government and now is a criminal known as "former hero"). Someone probably can point out the relevant chapters of all the plot points I mentioned here, I'm just trying to give you a summary on who she is.
I keep reading here about the betrayed hero but for the life of mine I honestly can't recall anything about him/her.

In which chapters did we learn or even glimpse about the background surrounding the guy?

Dex-chan lover
I keep reading here about the betrayed hero but for the life of mine I honestly can't recall anything about him/her.

In which chapters did we learn or even glimpse about the background surrounding the guy?
Chapter 14.
There are little mentions about the founder the unnamed legendary betrayed hero, who defeated the demon king and crushed his kingdom. The person whom lil'Podesta wants to ultimately defeat.
Outside of that chapter, there are little to next mentions of the Hero Founder or the other sub-group heads of the Organisation.
So far only the Abnormal Petting Zoo has actually made an appearance in the series in the final battle.

Makes me think if the author was somewhat pressured to finish the series or just forgot about some of the subplots?
I mean there was that encounter between Yoshida and some elves in some earlier chapter that hasn't so far lead to anything and I doubt will, considering how few chapters there are left.

Fri

Supporter

I can't remember all their mentions, but they're shown in silhouette in chapter 14, and their relation with podesta's kingdom was touched in chapter 31

Dex-chan lover
The author really isn't afraid to maim or kill familiar characters, even if they're only side characters. The boyfriend of the parchment/paper couple lost a leg, Zazach of the constantly flirting couple lost an arm, and I think the guy who got beheaded is Kettlehead of the Wild Goose Hunters. Maybe missing limbs and even death can be solved with magic, but we've seen at least a few familiar faces die permanently, like that one girl from the Information Office.
Some of them probably has saves (has already been foreshadowed recently that many have, but some saves are old - so probably will be some confusing jokes about forgetting a marriage/engagement or something)

Dex-chan lover
Some of them probably has saves (has already been foreshadowed recently that many have, but some saves are old - so probably will be some confusing jokes about forgetting a marriage/engagement or something)
I don't know how well saving will work with the anti-magic, anti-miracle field in play...

Dex-chan lover
I don't know how well saving will work with the anti-magic, anti-miracle field in play...
Good point - if it's self-sustainable (and the cause for why magic ended and technology took over) then I guess they're gone (and so is magic).

If it runs out of gas soon (the energy consumption in canned mages seem to be immense) then the question is if the saves got cleared or not (or if the governing body handling the saves died - I don't think we know very much about the actual technicalities of the saves).

Buut I still think that the reminder that "saves exist" is because it will play out in one way or another. And since there's a joke to be had in forgetting things that happened to you, chances are they will still work. (But it's not as if authors can't misdirect expectations.)

Users who are viewing this thread