Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Dex-chan lover
The MC took the rapist life, and the court seems to be on his side, since he only sentenced for 7 years, which was very light for a planned and intentional murder (he could've get like 20 years, or even life sentence).
which was very light for a planned and intentional murder

Hard to tell, as there are a lot of factors that can influence the length of the sentence.
For murders, Japan follows what's known as the "Nagayama Standard", which are as follows:
  1. Degree of Evilness
  2. Motive
  3. How the crime was committed; especially the manner in which the victim was killed.
  4. Outcome of the crime; especially the number of victims.
  5. Feelings of the victim's family members.
  6. Impact of the murder on Japanese society.
  7. Defendant's age (in Japan, the age of adulthood is 18).
  8. Defendant's previous criminal record.
  9. Degree of remorse shown by the defendant.
Important to note is that the age of adulthood was 20 until last year, so this would've had a huge impact on MC's sentence if he was under 20 at the time of the crime.

Dex-chan lover
well, I mean... rape, murder and suicide for mostly chock-value, but it is only the first chapter and is mostly a draw in the same way as oshi no no kinda. I guess it could be interesting later with this setup. we'll see!

Dex-chan lover
I really enjoyed this chapter. Hopefully the next chapter doesn't take too long to be translated.

Dex-chan lover
Hard to tell, as there are a lot of factors that can influence the length of the sentence.
For murders, Japan follows what's known as the "Nagayama Standard", which are as follows:
  1. Degree of Evilness
  2. Motive
  3. How the crime was committed; especially the manner in which the victim was killed.
  4. Outcome of the crime; especially the number of victims.
  5. Feelings of the victim's family members.
  6. Impact of the murder on Japanese society.
  7. Defendant's age (in Japan, the age of adulthood is 18).
  8. Defendant's previous criminal record.
  9. Degree of remorse shown by the defendant.
Important to note is that the age of adulthood was 20 until last year, so this would've had a huge impact on MC's sentence if he was under 20 at the time of the crime.

Yet he only gets 7 years of sentence, which is proof that he was somewhat pardoned by the court for his crime, or he would've gotten much heavier punishment.

Besides, I kinda doubt Yuri was his first victim, considering that he doesn't have any remorse or anything about his actions, which is shown when the MC was in front of him.

"I was just playing with her"?

Yeah, this guy definitely had done it with other girls...

Dex-chan lover
Why the hell do people insist on treating evil garbage as human?

Matsumoto is not a person. He's a rapist. He does not deserve to have the same human rights as Yuri. It was 100% okay to murder him. Let alone being imprisoned, Kazuma shouldn't even have been arrested.
I understand why you feel that way BUT, the asshole still has a family (the daughter) so killing him dragged the main protag into prison (which he doesn't deserve at all if he hadn't killed), it got his mom in so much pain seeing her daughter like that and then her son go to prison, and it hurt the little girl who is now a victim too, which is basically what the story has amounted to, and the best thing that could've happened is that asshole go to jail, and the pro tag and the mom doesn't get involved, they grieved their daughter and hopefully moved on, and the asshole get raped back by many booty-warriors in prison

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Revenge killing is hard to process. Killing someone who caused the death of someone close to you can give you catharsis, but that can only be temporarily. You'll forever live with having killed someone. Is it worth it for some people? Yes. But for so many other people, they have regrets after having killed someone. Even if it's for revenge for a heinous crime.

Kazuma doesn't know how to live after killing Yuri's assaulter. He feels the need to atone by dying. Bu his mother wouldn't want that to happen. His mother waited so long for him to come back, it would be cruel to break her heart by dying.

What's worse is what happened to the daughter. The daughter didn't deserve to see her father brutally murdered like that. Even if he was a bad person. And now people jeer at her, calling her the daughter of a rapist. Shiika's life must have been terrible.
yeah, revenge killing is only suitable for you if you're The Punisher or Jonh Wick

Dex-chan lover

Matsumoto is not a person. He's a rapist. He does not deserve to have the same human rights as Yuri. It was 100% okay to murder him. Let alone being imprisoned, Kazuma shouldn't even have been arrested.
Do you even hear yourself? Exceptions like that kill society. Doesn't matter who you are or what your motive is. You go against the law, you must be judged for it.

Dex-chan lover

Should have tortured him a bit more before killing him. Got off way too fucking easy. God I fucking hate this. If this truly happened in real life, that boy would be hailed as a hero. He'll be a living legend.

Dex-chan lover
bro was completely justified in killing that dude.
yeah, but look at him now, what does he want to do now? he wants to kill himself cuz the guilt he feels, it justifies his killing at the moment but it doesn't justify if he himself is the one who's hurt the most all things considered, maybe if he's someone like John Wick or The Punisher who doesn't feel guilty after killing, then the action is justified, but he's not, so killing doesn't do anything for him other than making him miserable afterward, which it DID, and that's the whole point of the manga, that after killing someone, you yourself could get even more depressed and unhappy

Dex-chan lover

ofc the protag's gonna get arrested, he KILLED someone, and the law demands that killing someone would get you in jail (unless you're a cop), and no one is above the law (if caught in the act)

Dex-chan lover
No-one's mentioning the possibility the teacher, seeing as it's a single parent household, may have come to abuse his own daughter had he lived? Only a possibility, and has no bearing on Kazuma's action, whether justified or not, but certainly a plausibility.

Dex-chan lover
Not gonna lie i would do the same if one of my family member getting raped even the worst come to the worst i will kidnap the rapist and set jig saw trap on him.

Dex-chan lover
I think he got very light sentence considering that he is still a minor and maybe got plead for justice.

Normally, planned murderer get death sentence or at least life prison.

To be honest, if my family member get raped. I will dispose his everything without trace.

VIP
While it's true some people might freak out, a lot of people should actually support the family and even consider the boy a hero....

Don't forget to show those people too.... after all, while he did kill... he killed the man who raped his sister....
let's not justifies revenge killing, because that's a very dangerous slippery slope that lead to society that normalize violence. not saying the MC action was stupid or not understandable. the rapist literally caused him to lose his beloved sister. the one who talk trash to his family openly was awful clearly awful person. but it seems the judge on mc side. considering japan, he got almost the minimum sentence for planned murder where the usual sentence range from 15 to death sentence.

Users who are viewing this thread