Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Things are getting complicated; this is one of those stories where learning more information only leads to more questions. I like the pacing and tension so far; I can't help but look forward to the next chapter every time. Currently my favorite active series.

Double-page supporter
I just came up with a theory but what if the dad also did stuff to her like his sister and when he killed him she was free and that's why she was looking for him or something like that idk tho

Fed-Kun's army
This is the first manga in mangadex im genuinely invested in ever since Pashiro na Boku and that one was a comedic Slice of life and romance!

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Go after her, man. I don't care what happened there, but go!

Also, that has to be the grimmest Santa costume ever.

Dex-chan lover
looked like an accident though. boxes in the middle of the way. that stair and more boxes up there. and the blood on the table...

Dex-chan lover
Even as I am typing this message, I'm not 100% confident in my translation of the title (「最果てに惑う」as "Lost at the Farthest Ends"). I'd prefer to translate the title when the manga ends so that I have as many clues as possible, but I suppose it is unreasonable that way. There's another translation in my mind ("Tempted at the Farthest Ends"), but everything so far in volume 1 doesn't really support this one. Then again, things might develop in favor of this interpretation later on... We'll see where it goes in that case.
translating without the quotation mark got me "bewildered by the extremes"
which is pretty cool to me, but I guess not really fit to be a title

thanks for the translation

edit:
also, if I understand correctly,
に is used for "point destination" or "location of existence",
and to describe "location of action", で is used
so I think "(being) lost at the farthest ends" and "(being) tempted at the farthest end" will be 最果てで惑う in Japanese?

so maybe "the confusion at the farthest end" ?
¯\(ツ)

Last edited:
Group Leader
Can’t help but think that the bully did it to herself or somehow forced Shiika into doing it. Maybe she genuinely thinks Shiika brings misery and her goal was to get Shiika to run away? Too many mysteries and cliffhangers. :nyoron:

Thank you for the translation. Ill make sure to buy it if it gets localized here in the west. Hopefully it does, this has been an interesting manga.

Translator here.

Even as I am typing this message, I'm not 100% confident in my translation of the title (「最果てに惑う」as "Lost at the Farthest Ends"). I'd prefer to translate the title when the manga ends so that I have as many clues as possible, but I suppose it is unreasonable that way. There's another translation in my mind ("Tempted at the Farthest Ends"), but everything so far in volume 1 doesn't really support this one. Then again, things might develop in favor of this interpretation later on... We'll see where it goes in that case.

Thank you all for reading, and please please please consider buying the manga (various platforms to choose from in the main page of this manga) to support the author! Financial success means the manga is less likely to be axed; it also incentivizes official translation!

P/S: I have noticed that some groups have based their translation on ours, so feel free to contact me on mangadex to get access to our psd files. (Please credit "puppy" as the redrawer in that case.)
I think the title fits for what we've seen so far, but there is also some merit to the temptation side of it based on the santa scene. He's lost at his wits end and also his literal end that he had planned, but we all want to be happy, even if we've done something we ourselves view as unredeemable.
Part of why I like the Japanese language is this ambiguity or interpretation of meanings, but it definitely makes translating difficult at times haha.

Dex-chan lover
translating without the quotation mark got me "bewildered by the extremes"
which is pretty cool to me, but I guess not really fit to be a title

thanks for the translation

edit:
also, if I understand correctly,
に is used for "point destination" or "location of existence",
and to describe "location of action", で is used
so I think "(being) lost at the farthest ends" and "(being) tempted at the farthest end" will be 最果てで惑う in Japanese?

so maybe "the confusion at the farthest end" ?
¯\(ツ)

Bewildered is the literal translation, but IDK if that sounds poetic or funny or "too technical" as title in English - native speaker surely can chip in better than I.

A good alternative is dazed.

Definitely not tempted. Because temptation usually means that something (mis)leading you to do the wrong action.

Confusion rhymes a little bit too well with Concussion, so ...

Just my 2 cents.

Note: IIRC translator hasn't mention this, but the Shii part of Shiika is the kanji for Oak plant family, often used in support-related words. Like "vertebratae" or "spine". The Ka is the commonly known flower.
It looks like a deliberate contrast to the dead sister (Yuri) - Oak & Lily. This & the beautiful emotional cover art made me think that the story won't go the Oldboy route. At least not at this point.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread