Saihate ni Madou - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Bro, this gives me Asper Kanojo vibes. Like, you know it's about healing but it's still so difficult to read because of how sad and traumatic it is.

Dex-chan lover
please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome please be wholesome
Man.... Rape as a subplot in a non erotic manga is usually never wholesome.....

Dex-chan lover
Notice there are papers on the ground when the bully got beat up? I bet the bully threatened or angered her about the murder if it was her paper to meet him, her father's murderer.

Dex-chan lover
...it's been a long time where I wasn't able to decently guess where a story goes. I do get the feeling what the Girl is trying to is not something bad but the "why" eludes me for now. My current guess is that just like our MC tries to "atone" she also tries to "atone" for what her Father did. Which would be fitting since both would be kind of misguided in a similar way.

Dex-chan lover
After last page, I believe Shika is a pure girl. Im afraid what lies in the future..

Dex-chan lover
This manga is a good example of deliberate art choice supporting the storytelling, I think.
Looking forward for updates

Dex-chan lover
Bewildered is the literal translation, but IDK if that sounds poetic or funny or "too technical" as title in English - native speaker surely can chip in better than I.

A good alternative is dazed.

Definitely not tempted. Because temptation usually means that something (mis)leading you to do the wrong action.

Confusion rhymes a little bit too well with Concussion, so ...

Just my 2 cents.

Note: IIRC translator hasn't mention this, but the Shii part of Shiika is the kanji for Oak plant family, often used in support-related words. Like "vertebratae" or "spine". The Ka is the commonly known flower.
It looks like a deliberate contrast to the dead sister (Yuri) - Oak & Lily. This & the beautiful emotional cover art made me think that the story won't go the Oldboy route. At least not at this point.
Holy smokes I just looked up the plot of Oldboy and it is WILD..... I'm glad this story is more grounded, for now at least.

Dex-chan lover
The mom is super cute, she’s always a breath of fresh air when in scene.

Also, why are we alive, just to suffer?

Aggregator gang
For a second I thought this had been localized and those last pages were from the official release, wow, amazing effort bro

Group Leader
for those wondering why this chapter took so long, my guess is that they're getting the raws as they become free. the site that hosts the raws only has chapter 1 and the second half of chapter 5 for free rn, and it was ch.1 and the first half of ch. 5 a few days ago. if we go by this logic then the first half of chapter 6 will be released august 4th but we'll have to wait until the second half gets released before we see it here

i could be wrong though

Dex-chan lover
"I can't ask her. I have a feeling if I ask her something will end"
Just ask her ffs. This MC is so annoying. Then some girl shows up, calls Shiika a fiend, how about she elaborates on that? Nope, sudden interruption. Shortly after, "I want to talk to her properly". Where did the "something will end" attitude go? Does he want to talk to Shiika or not? I swear the author of this manga must be some depressed woman going through a midlife crisis.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread