Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 58

Group Leader
and the result of this was... the dragon NOT immediately killing the downed allies?
From the dragons perspective, it has every reason to. They have no more use and crushing them can demoralize his Will.
Arrogance, likely.
My understanding is that we need to recall Valacirca's desire for heroism. If the allies can't serve as hostages to seduce Will from heroism, Vala uses them as stakes to fight for.

I understand that the allies not immediately dying causes Will's words to not weigh as heavily, but I think Vala is looking for the classic glorious struggle against the impossible rather than something tinged with perhaps bitterness or revenge, as he repeatedly tests to see if Will has.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Valacirca keeps trying to end the fight with words because they genuinely believe they have a chance of losing.

Even if they think it's an incredibly slim chance. It's a chance big enough to try anything to avoid actual combat.

Dex-chan lover
I feel like Valacirca keeps trying to end the fight with words because they genuinely believe they have a chance of losing.

Even if they think it's an incredibly slim chance. It's a chance big enough to try anything to avoid actual combat.
The thing the dragon fears the most, is gathering enough rage to move the Gods to remove him, making the Heroes break their oaths weakens the Gods and makes them not Heroes. He's eliminating threats while having fun.

Contributor
I just like how Valacirca is written, sure he could've finished off the party with brute force, but he prefers to blackmail Will with the lives of his party members and in the process maybe even get Will to become his servant. Why even spend extra effort fighting to win a battle he could possibly end with words and even gain a servant? This is also similar to how Will gambled with Damnatio Memoriae for a possible easy win; for Valacirca it's also worth a shot. We know he's intelligent and wicked, and it's all in full display here.

Will chooses to continue the fight even when he's on the back foot and his party members are in mortal danger; let's see how it goes from here. I do like his resolve, he fights with conviction even when the odds are now stacked even higher than before against him.

Dex-chan lover
Does anyone have any idea when next chapter might drop? we need it

Users who are viewing this thread