Saihate no Paladin - Ch. 58

Dex-chan lover
ok so the dragon was all like "if you don't join me i'll kill your allies", and ultimately our hero was all like "we were all resolved to die for this fight, i'm not going to lose the fight to save an ally"

and the result of this was... the dragon NOT immediately killing the downed allies? Will could've just pulled off a successful bluff (bluffing that he doesn't care about the lives of his allies). Or does the dragon have some reason to not kill them?

anyway, nice chapter, nice manga.

Dex-chan lover
I hate that the dragon didn't follow through on its threat. Not that I want the others to die, but the mantra of "As long as one of us stands we still win" rings hollow if no one actually loses anything. Like, why did the dragon not immediately crush them when he said no? From the dragons perspective, it has every reason to. They have no more use and crushing them can demoralize his Will.

If they don't die, this fight doesn't have stakes. It's like a DND campaign where the DM won't let any players die no matter what they do for fear of upsetting them.

Dex-chan lover
If you aren't paying, then you aren't "hiring" for anything, and it really begs the question what exactly you're asking for money for.

Untitled.jpg
how is your grasp of english worse then theirs? Hiring does not automatically mean paid its the same as recruitment or enlistment in that sense just because most places mean paid when they say hired does not change what the word actually means (working for a group fot free or compensation) just like when you do volenteer work that group has Hired you.

Group Leader
how is your grasp of english worse then theirs? Hiring does not automatically mean paid its the same as recruitment or enlistment in that sense just because most places mean paid when they say hired does not change what the word actually means (working for a group fot free or compensation) just like when you do volenteer work that group has Hired you.
https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/hire

hire

2 of 2verb

hired; hiring

transitive verb

a

: to engage the personal services of for a set sum

hire a crew

b

: to engage the temporary use of for a fixed sum

hire a hall

: to grant the personal services of or temporary use of for a fixed sum

hire themselves out

: to get done for pay

hire the mowing done

Dex-chan lover
So uhh, did the other party members get stomped on? Or did Will succeed his provoke check?

Dex-chan lover
Let's gooo....Slay the that old oversized lizard!!! Roll Initiative!!

Dex-chan lover
Well...the prophecy was that William would die, but dunno. This manga gives me a "Lord of the Rings" vibe, so anything is possible~ :huh: 💦
Thanks for bringing this chapter to dex~

Dex-chan lover
I tip my hat off to the author and artist. A more brilliant dragon fight I've ever read thus far and I've read more stories than I care to count.

But this has substance, it has deep story elements mixed it. Its not all hack and slash and be done with it. They both measure the self against each other. They converse on each of their respective roles.

It also portrays the old dragon in such a menacing fashion it's hard to not immerse yourself in it. You can see that this is a dragon that has lived for eaons, fought many and probably bears the scars for it, but has stood triumphant at the end.

At the battles end songs will be sung by both readers and characters in story as well for ages.

Dex-chan lover
You know, I also wondered how Valacirca got down there. Lol at him inviting Will to join his low tier god(dess). The hostage negotiation was slick. I appreciate Will respecting the resolve of his comrades; it's a nice change of pace from all of the other times that a character will worsen the situation to save an ally. I assume Will's first move now that hostilities have resumed will prevent Valacirca from finishing his party.

All of these spreads are great. Shame they're soiled by watermarks.

Users who are viewing this thread