Saikyou de Saisoku no Mugen Level Up ~Sukiru [Keiken-chi 1000-bai] to [Level Free] de Level Jougen no Kase ga Hazureta Ore wa Musou Suru~ - Ch. 32 - …

Dex-chan lover
Being able to see invisible things because you're also invisible...I don't know, it just doesn't scan for me.
Makes more sense than invisibility giving things the drop on you... Even when you can see the invisible things, aka the DnD route.

In DnD 5th Edition, there's a condition known as "Invisible" that reads like this:
  • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The creature's location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves.
  • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature's attack rolls have advantage.
In 5e, to make an attack, you roll a 20-sided die (d20) and then add in relevant modifiers, which are usually just your proficiency bonus, ability modifier (i.e., Strength or Dexterity), and any from your weapon. Your goal is to score equal to or higher than your target's Armor Class (AC).

Advantage and disadvantage mean that you roll two d20s instead of one and then take either the higher or lower score, depending on which you have; they also can't stack and one cancels out the other, making for a far simpler and more casual friendly system then earlier editions where you could have 10-15 different tiny stacking bonuses.

Anyway. The problem comes in with Jeremy Crawford, the lead game designer for 5e. He declared that, per the rules as intended, even if you can see an invisible creature (aka, the thing that logically gives them the drop on you), it doesn't negate the advantage/disadvantage aspect of the condition.

In other words, as long as a creature has the Invisible condition, it gets advantage on attacks against you and you have disadvantage on attacks against it, regardless of if you can see exactly where it is or not.

Needless to say, this ruling pissed off almost the entirety of the playerbase and also completely rendered a spell, See Invisibility, almost entirely useless, as its whole point was letting the user, well, see invisible creatures as if they were visible.

Luckily, DnD's very first rule is that the DM is allowed to ignore or change whatever rules they want, so most DMs went the logical route that, if you can see an invisible creature, it negates the advantage/disadvantage aspect for you.

Dex-chan lover
"AH WILL KEEL YOU BECAUSE YOUR MORALS SUCK! IT IS FUN TO KEEL PEOPLE ALSO PEOPLE WERE MEAN TO ME!"
oh please let him be beaten up into a pulp and shove him in the butt of a monster.

Aggregator gang
Makes more sense than invisibility giving things the drop on you... Even when you can see the invisible things, aka the DnD route.

In DnD 5th Edition, there's a condition known as "Invisible" that reads like this:
  • An invisible creature is impossible to see without the aid of magic or a special sense. For the purpose of hiding, the creature is heavily obscured. The creature's location can be detected by any noise it makes or any tracks it leaves.
  • Attack rolls against the creature have disadvantage, and the creature's attack rolls have advantage.
In 5e, to make an attack, you roll a 20-sided die (d20) and then add in relevant modifiers, which are usually just your proficiency bonus, ability modifier (i.e., Strength or Dexterity), and any from your weapon. Your goal is to score equal to or higher than your target's Armor Class (AC).

Advantage and disadvantage mean that you roll two d20s instead of one and then take either the higher or lower score, depending on which you have; they also can't stack and one cancels out the other, making for a far simpler and more casual friendly system then earlier editions where you could have 10-15 different tiny stacking bonuses.

Anyway. The problem comes in with Jeremy Crawford, the lead game designer for 5e. He declared that, per the rules as intended, even if you can see an invisible creature (aka, the thing that logically gives them the drop on you), it doesn't negate the advantage/disadvantage aspect of the condition.

In other words, as long as a creature has the Invisible condition, it gets advantage on attacks against you and you have disadvantage on attacks against it, regardless of if you can see exactly where it is or not.

Needless to say, this ruling pissed off almost the entirety of the playerbase and also completely rendered a spell, See Invisibility, almost entirely useless, as its whole point was letting the user, well, see invisible creatures as if they were visible.

Luckily, DnD's very first rule is that the DM is allowed to ignore or change whatever rules they want, so most DMs went the logical route that, if you can see an invisible creature, it negates the advantage/disadvantage aspect for you.
Rule as intended vs rule as written.

Dex-chan lover
I'm with the death flag confirmation brigade here. She was already raising them from earlier chapters but in this chapter she went HAM. THIS is why you say your peace in the moment because not leaving a will makes all your kids kill each other over the estate ... wait, that came out wrong. I meant you're not guaranteed tomorrow so ... Fess up Gal. Maybe too late for that.

Supporter

Dealing with bs D&D rules...
7TVWLJ4cRvwHjFyWCI7sZ9RAj7WLB1As8-fkfXrjXU7EDvbdTDZmRNTes99l5K--9hMLW7NHjIwNaZ-_9YWFWZ6e_MhXkM22v98a8qOcHT1jjPny9Rc15hFkeEB8tLOh

Dex-chan lover
I'm too lazy to re-read, is the exp 'shared' if they're together in a party b/c it does seem like something that'd be helpful to her to, if not him just being hired to help train some ppl lol

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the new chapter!

Gonna be fun. "Killing who stands in his way" - kind of ironic now, since the boss was already beaten; technically he no longer has any objective to achieve in this dungeon for anyone to stand in his way anymore.

Well, once this is done hopefully gyaru will be added to the harem collection safely.

Dex-chan lover
"AH WILL KEEL YOU BECAUSE YOUR MORALS SUCK! IT IS FUN TO KEEL PEOPLE ALSO PEOPLE WERE MEAN TO ME!"
oh please let him be beaten up into a pulp and shove him in the butt of a monster.
Boss fight was anticlimatic. Next issue better have the good stuff
Up until chapter 35 where MC would turn tables, for a price. :mad:💢💢
That's some death flag sounding words if I've every heard them
I was real surprised to see the guy show up at the end, and not be right next to the girl, with those death flag raises.
This girl be collect death flags like them headpats she been ask for
I'm with the death flag confirmation brigade here. She was already raising them from earlier chapters but in this chapter she went HAM. THIS is why you say your peace in the moment because not leaving a will makes all your kids kill each other over the estate ... wait, that came out wrong. I meant you're not guaranteed tomorrow so ... Fess up Gal. Maybe too late for that.
No matter how much i together with Death Flag Brigade please remember, married couple collect even more, so...😞😮‍💨

Dex-chan lover
I'm too lazy to re-read, is the exp 'shared' if they're together in a party b/c it does seem like something that'd be helpful to her to, if not him just being hired to help train some ppl lol
Final Blow gets the EXP. If you look all the way back to Chapter 6, Kaido (The Brute of the Senkou no Guren Team) gets mad because Makoto saved his life and Kill Stealing the Boss.

Dex-chan lover
@lesseffective @CountryMage @SunSun Or, In Star Trek TNG, when they get partially "phased" out of our normal dimension but can still interact with others in the same situation. (ST:TNG The Pegasus, or ST:TNG Timescape)

You're all forgetting, All these Death Flags are being countered by all these Lewd Head Pats. Not the Death Seeking Kiss. Nor the Explosion Magnet of a Wedding (MacGruber).

Dex-chan lover
Worst part is? In a typical revenge manga, we’d probably be following him…

Dex-chan lover
and thus, the mass murdering psycho arrives, will the MC take him out proper, or will he murder invisible hottie, and it will be dragged out for 700 chapters with him murdering hundreds, the MC self pittying and playing around, and in the end the psycho gets "redemption" and we all are supposed to just ignore the hundreds he murdered, really hope its the former because im seriously fucking sick and tired of the latter nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread