Saikyou no Maou ni Kitaerareta Yuusha Isekai Kikanshatachi no Gakuen de Musou Suru - Ch. 22

Dex-chan lover
Calling it now, soylent reincarnator drug is people. Whether in the physical sense, or the powers are somehow stolen, I assume the powers contained in the pills are coming from other people who were either killed or had their powers sucked away.

I thought one of the options you get when they enslave...I mean enroll you in the academy is losing your powers and your memories if you don't want to play along. I will not be surprised if that's tied into these drugs, and why Ms Teacher isn't able to find out any information on them.

Dex-chan lover
Am I the only one who thinks that the "I must pretend to be weak" trope got old by now?

It's rather obvious that at least some of the goddesses know that he is much more powerful than he lets on. And everyone with eyes could see that his "smokescreen" was him just punching the ground...the shattered arena at the place where he happened to be standing prior tot he "smokescreen" should be more than enough evidence to anyone with eyes.

If it was the comedic/goofy kind of "I am weak" trope, like we see in Rurouni Kenshin or Trigun it might have been something...but this is just(at least in my opinion)not fun.

Fed-Kun's army
Has the MC been nerfed? During the earlier chapters he was shown to be EASILY capable of magic negation. Now he's struggling to think of a way to hide his powers and win. Also it seems like his reactions have either been slowed down or were highly exaggerated in the prior chapters. I feel like this is the case as he got surprised by a guy warping space infront of him and he got forcefully teleported out.

Dex-chan lover
Why is he losing on purpose when he knows the goddesses already know he has alot of power.
They don't know the extent of his power. He doesn't want them digging into his past and by that discover that the demon lord he failed to kill is not only be his side but they are working together.

Sadly though, he doesn't realize that by hiding the obvious he's making them more curious to dig into. He SHOULD have gotten a guarantee from the goddess that she'll stop looking into him besides the condition of not involving Komari/Lala but he doesn't have a history of thinking things through. I'm calling it now though that Komari at least still ends up getting involved.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the TL, hope your exams went well! Please let me know if you have a donation page or something to show my thanks at!
Haven't thought about a donation page because I'm not sure how long I'll be doing this for and I don't want people paying a monthly fee on Patreon when I'm not doing anything.

I'll look around if there's a place where I can do commissions or something so I can be structured along the lines of: I get money and people who donate get a chapter/series translated (equivalent exchange and all)

Dex-chan lover
I understand the people loosing patience with the MC, I do...
But take into consideration for a moment a few things.
He is not simply up against a super powerful school and/or country. There are literal gods in their world who control the school and send people to entirely different worlds giving them powers to fight against demons lords that threaten those alternative worlds.
Granted he is inarguably more powerful than these gods. It really cannot be argued because the first chapter(s) explicitly stated that the demon lord who summoned him, his cat, was sealed within her world because she was, quite literally, too powerful for the gods to deal with using summoned heros or directly themselves... hence the sealing.
Therein lies the problem. The gods basically control everything. Everything from granting power, monitoring power, to transfer of people from the "main" world to others and back. They absolutely will not respond kindly to that demon lord being out of her "cage".
The MC, who was summoned by the demon lord for her to train to kill her, so she could finally die (after "gaining" her "sanity" and effectively deciding to die but being unable to end it herself), decided to not do the one thing she summoned him to do, but instead show her "the world".

Could he fight off all the heroes and goddesses? Probably, maybe some sacrifice to do it on his behalf (quantity over quality, etc), and maybe not... But this does not matter.
If he is revealed it isn't like he just makes an enemy out of some super powerful school... or some country... nor would he just be making an enemy of all the goddesses. No, he would be making an enemy out of absolutely every world that demon lords appear in and the goddesses control (presumably all of them).
They either could not rest due to constantly being hunted, or worse, could not be part of civilization. Anyone who discovered who they were would utterly hate and fear them. They would have to live away from people completely (I mean, honestly, why wouldn't the goddesses spread their name and appearances to all civilizations they control if the MC made himself known and faced them?)

At that point the very reason to leave her "cage" becomes pointless. They may as well have just lived there indefinitely... And that wouldn't make much of an interesting manga after a quite short period of time... would it?

And, to anyone who actually managed to make it this far... congratulations, and sorry. I tried to shorten the above as much as I could...
You've done a better job of explaining things than other people have, but I'm still lost on how they'd be able to any connection between pre-Kyouya Felice and current Felice. From everything we have, all that they should be able to gather is that Kyouya is crazy strong, unless Kyouya and/or Felice openly tell them what happened, and them just knowing he's strong shouldn't lead to any conflicts.
That's what I'm confused about, but no one seems to care to explain. Am I missing some detail somewhere, or is it just Kyouya being paranoid?

Felice was only the demon lord because someone altered her [Root] to be one, and then Kyouya destroyed that [Root]; with her [Root] destroyed, Felice lost her strength and form as well as her identity as a demon lord. So there's no connections to be made on that front, and the school apparently thinks nothing of Kyouya having a talking cat because Felice was talking to Kyouya when their people pulled him aside about being a returner. Anything missing so far?
All I can think of is maybe some unique item that Kyouya brought along (such as that soul-devouring sword), but then it should just be a case of not being able to use that item rather than not being able to use his full strength.

Dex-chan lover
Where exactly does this prove he doesn't have a cheat skill? Is it because he didn't use one? Because Felice was the one that explained to him how cheat abilities are unlocked? Or because he's paranoid about people digging into his past?
None of those are proof he doesn't have cheat powers, which is why I keep saying you're the one making conjectures.
You have no proof except for a lack of verification, but a lack of proof is not proof of a lack.
You
The story just told us people get them specifically with the help of goddesses. Does A's position continue to be mere conjecture?

ChatGPT
Given the new information from the story that "cheat skills" are specifically granted with the help of goddesses, A's position that Kyouya does not have these skills because he was summoned by a Demon King rather than a goddess becomes less conjectural and more supported by the narrative. A's stance aligns with the story's defined mechanism for acquiring cheat skills, making it a reasoned inference based on the established rules within the narrative context.

You
So in other words: Not conjecture

ChatGPT
Correct, given the specific information provided by the story that "cheat skills" are granted with the help of goddesses and that Kyouya was summoned by a Demon King, A's stance that Kyouya does not have "cheat skills" is not conjecture. It is based on the narrative’s defined conditions for how such skills are acquired, making A's conclusion a logical inference from the provided story elements.

You
The other party insists Kyouya may have a "cheat" skill despite all of this.

ChatGPT
If the other party insists that Kyouya may have a "cheat" skill despite the story's indication that such skills are granted by goddesses, and he was summoned by a Demon King, their stance can be seen as speculative. They may be holding onto the possibility that the story might reveal exceptions or additional layers to the rule, which hasn't been disclosed yet. While this view goes against the current narrative evidence, it reflects a hope or expectation that future developments might alter the understanding of how "cheat" skills are distributed within the story's universe.

I don't even fall under GPT's broad idea of what constitutes "Conjecture" anymore. You get cheats when Goddess unshackles you. Goddess didn't summon him, so didn't unshackle him. No Goddess=No Unshackle=No Cheat. Q.E.D.
Felice's explanation doesn't wave anything, because even if if Kyouya or anyone else meets a goddess during their summoning that goddess is under no obligation to explain how cheat abilities are acquired, it's just that Felice did explain it.
ChatGPT
The standard of evidence demanded by the other party, requiring explicit confirmation of divine intervention from the narrative itself, could be seen as stringent but not entirely unreasonable given the context of a fictional story where rules are established by the author. It reflects a desire for unambiguous clarity in a setting where supernatural elements like "cheat skills" are pivotal to character development and plot progression. In fictional narratives, especially those involving complex world-building, some readers prefer definitive statements within the story to firmly establish facts about the characters and their abilities.

You
It seems excessive, since Kyouya has only ever been in contact with a single goddess, and she has very pointedly done little more than sit in the background, eating and sleeping.

ChatGPT
Given this context about Kyouya's minimal contact with a goddess who is largely passive, demanding explicit evidence of a goddess granting him a cheat skill could indeed seem excessive. In a narrative where divine intervention is pivotal for acquiring such abilities, the absence of significant interaction or intervention by a goddess in Kyouya's case strongly suggests he does not possess these powers. While it is reasonable to desire clarity in a complex story, expecting direct narrative confirmation under these circumstances might exceed what is necessary to conclude reasonably based on the given story elements.

Like, at this point, if he has one, it's a retcon.

Dex-chan lover
You
The story just told us people get them specifically with the help of goddesses. Does A's position continue to be mere conjecture?

ChatGPT
Given the new information from the story that "cheat skills" are specifically granted with the help of goddesses, A's position that Kyouya does not have these skills because he was summoned by a Demon King rather than a goddess becomes less conjectural and more supported by the narrative. A's stance aligns with the story's defined mechanism for acquiring cheat skills, making it a reasoned inference based on the established rules within the narrative context.

You
So in other words: Not conjecture

ChatGPT
Correct, given the specific information provided by the story that "cheat skills" are granted with the help of goddesses and that Kyouya was summoned by a Demon King, A's stance that Kyouya does not have "cheat skills" is not conjecture. It is based on the narrative’s defined conditions for how such skills are acquired, making A's conclusion a logical inference from the provided story elements.

You
The other party insists Kyouya may have a "cheat" skill despite all of this.

ChatGPT
If the other party insists that Kyouya may have a "cheat" skill despite the story's indication that such skills are granted by goddesses, and he was summoned by a Demon King, their stance can be seen as speculative. They may be holding onto the possibility that the story might reveal exceptions or additional layers to the rule, which hasn't been disclosed yet. While this view goes against the current narrative evidence, it reflects a hope or expectation that future developments might alter the understanding of how "cheat" skills are distributed within the story's universe.

I don't even fall under GPT's broad idea of what constitutes "Conjecture" anymore. You get cheats when Goddess unshackles you. Goddess didn't summon him, so didn't unshackle him. No Goddess=No Unshackle=No Cheat. Q.E.D.

ChatGPT
The standard of evidence demanded by the other party, requiring explicit confirmation of divine intervention from the narrative itself, could be seen as stringent but not entirely unreasonable given the context of a fictional story where rules are established by the author. It reflects a desire for unambiguous clarity in a setting where supernatural elements like "cheat skills" are pivotal to character development and plot progression. In fictional narratives, especially those involving complex world-building, some readers prefer definitive statements within the story to firmly establish facts about the characters and their abilities.

You
It seems excessive, since Kyouya has only ever been in contact with a single goddess, and she has very pointedly done little more than sit in the background, eating and sleeping.

ChatGPT
Given this context about Kyouya's minimal contact with a goddess who is largely passive, demanding explicit evidence of a goddess granting him a cheat skill could indeed seem excessive. In a narrative where divine intervention is pivotal for acquiring such abilities, the absence of significant interaction or intervention by a goddess in Kyouya's case strongly suggests he does not possess these powers. While it is reasonable to desire clarity in a complex story, expecting direct narrative confirmation under these circumstances might exceed what is necessary to conclude reasonably based on the given story elements.

Like, at this point, if he has one, it's a retcon.
You're still well within the definition of "conjecture." Go back and re-read those definitions, tell me where exactly you have definitive proof for any of your claims. All you have as proof of anything is a lack of evidence, which does not remove your claims from the realm of conjecture. You cannot prove a god does not exist by the lack of evidence that the god does exist, same deal here, all you have for that he does not have cheat powers is that you have no evidence that he does.

It was never proven, or even said by anyone but you that the goddesses were not involved in his summoning. If she used the same kind of summoning that was used for other heroes then they definitely should have been involved. She needed to use the remnants of a goddess's summoning in order to make the return trip, but if she could connect to another world for a summoning without going through the goddesses then she shouldn't have needed those remnants to make the return either. If she used remnants from a previous summoning for both and just bypassed the goddesses, then the summoning spell could still use the power from those remnants to grant a cheat skill. Bit of a blind spot there, isn't it? You keep coming back to that point, claiming the goddesses were not involved, but at no point does the story ever say that. You fabricate this detail for your own convenience, feed it into your AI as fact, and try waving the results around as if you've won an argument; news flash: your precious little AI will say whatever you tell it to say, and absolutely everyone knows that at this point, no one treats them as impartial.

Also, if I may add a bit of random food for thought, Felice is the strongest demon lord but she was artificially made into a demon lord, so what was she before she was a demon lord that allowed her to be that powerful? Was she that strong from the start, or did the strength come from somewhere else? And if she was just made as a demon lord, then who made her?

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You're still well within the definition of "conjecture."
Nope. Finally fell outside it this chapter. The machine insisted my thing was conjecture because technically the story didn't say one way or another whether he could have one. Now that the story specifically said you need a goddess, the fact that he wasn't summoned by one, and only ever knew the useless one outright confirms he doesn't. Unless you think the author's lying to us. At which point, you're in denial. I can't argue with the unreasonable.

You cannot prove a god does not exist by the lack of evidence that the god does exist
Yeah I can. And this story outright tells you the conditions for cheat skills. Conditions MC hasn't met. Unless you think Felice is stupid.
It was never proven, or even said by anyone
Except, you know, the lack of any cheat skills, the lack of any goddesses at the beginning, the fact that MC was placed in a doomed world, directly in front of the Demon King who had specifically already been sealed away, and, in case you have the IQ of a 6 year old, Felice specifically telling us she summoned him so he could kill her.

Stick to the cheat skill argument; it's your more reasonable one. MC technically has one, in that it's been stated to be an inherent part of every person from Earth. It just hasn't been unlocked, because he was never unshackled by any goddess. He has one but cannot use it. Like having a car, but not they keys.

If she used the same kind of summoning that was used for other heroes then they definitely should have been involved.
No they wouldn't. This is, as you like to say, conjecture. Motivated reasoning, even. It's pretty clear you don't need to be a goddess to summon people. You don't need their cooperation to summon, either. If you did, this story wouldn't make sense, since Felice was locked up tight in that world, since she was too strong. Nobody would willingly help her summon yet more people.
She needed to use the remnants of a goddess's summoning in order to make the return trip, but if she could connect to another world for a summoning without going through the goddesses then she shouldn't have needed those remnants to make the return either.
You should probably re-read the story at this point. You seem to be having trouble following its basic elements. She was trapped in there. The prison wouldn't make sense if she could leave it. The option to escape only ever came up when she lost her root as a "Demon King". And at that point, she was, as even you understand, too weak to even take the shape of a person, much less breach whatever barriers you need to to leave.

Had there not been any remnants, the author would have been forced to write in some other stretch of time where they spend tens of thousands more years constructing a new portal.

If she used remnants from a previous summoning for both and just bypassed the goddesses, then the summoning spell could still use the power from those remnants to grant a cheat skill. Bit of a blind spot there, isn't it? You keep coming back to that point, claiming the goddesses were not involved, but at no point does the story ever say that.
This is only confusing to you because you're either completely unfamiliar with the genre, or willfully ignorant. I'm going to assume you started getting into anime and manga in the last few months, and just tell you how it goes:

The Isekai genre has, broadly speaking, three or four categories: Divine intervention, Stuck In Fiction, Royal Summon, and Rebirth. They usually go like this:

1) Thing Happens (Usually death).
2) God summons you.
3) Tells you you're going somewhere else.
4) Gives you power.
5) Sends you off.
Examples: Tsukimichi , All of FUNA's works, THIS SERIES, and many others.

2) Wake up in new world, sometimes as baby.
3) Recognize new world as [insert fictional media here].
4) Use meta knowledge to get OP.
Examples: Any Akuyaku Reijou series, Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

1) You're just minding your own business.
2) Royal Family summons you.
3) Tells you to save them from [insert demonic force here].
4) Game-like world grants you with special class.
Example: Rising of the Shield Hero, Chuiyuu Mahou (Variation)

1) Thing happens (Usually death).
2) Wake up in new world (usually as baby).
3) Realize there's magic.
4) Use modern concepts to dominate in new world.
Examples: Ascendance of a bookworm, Mushoku Tensei

There are variations, like in TenSura, where the guy is reincarnated, and then meets a god, entirely unrelated to his summon, soon after, finally becoming OP, but these are the general outlines.

The summon is the plot device to pull you out of your normal life. The Deity is the plot device to justify the change, and to turn you from a normal Human to The Protagonist. If you think the summon is what empowers the protagonist, then you should probably go ahead and watch a couple more of these shows.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
You've done a better job of explaining things than other people have, but I'm still lost on how they'd be able to any connection between pre-Kyouya Felice and current Felice. From everything we have, all that they should be able to gather is that Kyouya is crazy strong, unless Kyouya and/or Felice openly tell them what happened, and them just knowing he's strong shouldn't lead to any conflicts.
That's what I'm confused about, but no one seems to care to explain. Am I missing some detail somewhere, or is it just Kyouya being paranoid?

Felice was only the demon lord because someone altered her [Root] to be one, and then Kyouya destroyed that [Root]; with her [Root] destroyed, Felice lost her strength and form as well as her identity as a demon lord. So there's no connections to be made on that front, and the school apparently thinks nothing of Kyouya having a talking cat because Felice was talking to Kyouya when their people pulled him aside about being a returner. Anything missing so far?
All I can think of is maybe some unique item that Kyouya brought along (such as that soul-devouring sword), but then it should just be a case of not being able to use that item rather than not being able to use his full strength.
The fact that she summoned him (if I am even remembering correctly, I had forgotten about the root thing) and that it wasn't a goddess sending him there. The fact that she is no longer in her cage, which I am sure someone can check. The fact that she still lives (yrs, she takes on the form of a cat, but this world may have something like "magic signature").

Why does it matter? Same reason as the first sentence. The goddesses clearly value their power, their control. They weren't in control of this situation and a power now exists outside of their control. They won't like that, and most likely won't let it exist. Even if, no, especially if, Felice basically has lost her demon lord powers she still was a threat to the goddesses power and control... an embarrassment for them. Embarrassments must be eliminated.

The thing I don't understand is, considering how it has been made evident that the goddesses are the ones who send people between worlds, but it was Felice who summoned the MC. How they didn't notice this very clear irregularity (on either end) is beyond me.

tldr: the goddesses didn't create the MC, Felice did, and even if she lost most of her power, the goddesses have no reason to tolerate the reminder of their embarrassment or the existence of an irregular outside of their control.

You're still well within the definition of "conjecture." Go back and re-read those definitions, tell me where exactly you have definitive proof for any of your claims. All you have as proof of anything is a lack of evidence, which does not remove your claims from the realm of conjecture. You cannot prove a god does not exist by the lack of evidence that the god does exist, same deal here, all you have for that he does not have cheat powers is that you have no evidence that he does.

It was never proven, or even said by anyone but you that the goddesses were not involved in his summoning. If she used the same kind of summoning that was used for other heroes then they definitely should have been involved. She needed to use the remnants of a goddess's summoning in order to make the return trip, but if she could connect to another world for a summoning without going through the goddesses then she shouldn't have needed those remnants to make the return either. If she used remnants from a previous summoning for both and just bypassed the goddesses, then the summoning spell could still use the power from those remnants to grant a cheat skill. Bit of a blind spot there, isn't it? You keep coming back to that point, claiming the goddesses were not involved, but at no point does the story ever say that. You fabricate this detail for your own convenience, feed it into your AI as fact, and try waving the results around as if you've won an argument; news flash: your precious little AI will say whatever you tell it to say, and absolutely everyone knows that at this point, no one treats them as impartial.

Also, if I may add a bit of random food for thought, Felice is the strongest demon lord but she was artificially made into a demon lord, so what was she before she was a demon lord that allowed her to be that powerful? Was she that strong from the start, or did the strength come from somewhere else? And if she was just made as a demon lord, then who made her?
If "conjecture" means "never 100% proven", then both sides of this debate are firmly "conjecture". But some of what you've asserted isn't accurate, based on the manga so far. Until the manga is completed, then anything talked about would be from "incomplete evidence" as something could come up later in the manga, even if it contradicts things stated previously.

In chapter 2, Felice specifically states that she is the one that summoned him, and in chapter 4 he states that he'd never met a goddess before meeting Lala, which Felice immediately telepathically yells at him for saying, because "a hero is usually summoned by a goddess", further indicating that a goddess wasn't involved in his summoning (and indicating that if a goddess is involved, the hero meets the goddess, because just saying he hadn't met one would give him away). You say "if she used the same kind of summoning that was used for other heroes then they definitely should have been involved" but Felice is contrasting his summoning to that of other heroes, showing his isn't the same.

She also didn't say she "needed" to use the remnants of a goddess' summoning to make the return trip. In chapter 3, she just says it was a "good thing" they could "hitch a ride on the goddesses' transfer gate" (which, rather than the remnants of one goddess doing a summoning, seems to be the gate through which all the goddesses transfer humans from earth to any other realm, as evidence that it is stated to belong to the "goddesses" collectively), because it meant they "didn't have to build [their] own from scratch." But she implies they could have, it just would have been more difficult. Since her powers are sealed at this point (which is in contrast with when she summoned him, at which point she had full use of her powers), it probably would have required him to do the building, with her coaching him through it, but she words it as if was something possible but less convenient. If she could teach him how to build a return path between his world and hers, when she didn't have her powers (or if she could build it herself despite being sealed), then the idea that she couldn't create the initial path to summon him without the aid of a goddess when she does have her powers doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense, in the first place, to say that an perceived inability of hers when her powers were removed means she also was unable to do that when her powers were at full strength.

In chapter 6, Komari reveals her "unique ability" and MC thinks "the so-called cheat abilities a transferee receives from a goddess" following that up with "Judging from the reactions of the others who have also received an ability..." which indicates he considers himself different from "the others", which indicates he doesn't have one. Later, he explicitly states that. The bully says "I'm sure your unique ability is trash too. Come on, show me." MC replies "I don't have one..." "Hah?" "I don't have a... Unique ability...!" (Then thinks to himself: "Because I wasn't summon by a goddess, but by a demon lord...") So he wasn't just lying to the guy to hide his ability, and he stated directly that he "wasn't summoned by a goddess" which refutes your point that "It was never proven, or even said by anyone but you that goddesses were not involved in his summoning." Later in that chapter he says: "I wasn't lying when I said I don't have any unique abilities. But I can do almost anything at the level of a unique ability." So unless the author later retcons it, he doesn't have any unique abilities he can use, currently, but he has trained enough to be able to perform all sorts of tasks at a level that would make them seem like unique abilities.

As for your other question about Kyouya and Felice, this ties into some of this discussion. If he stands out too much, they might start asking about which goddess summoned him or what secrets he has. So many heroes are summoned, that when they return, the goddess probably only take notice of "that was my hero/that wasn't my hero", and so they would all assume he was just some other goddess' returnee. If they look into his summoning or his secrets, and find out he was summoned by Felice instead of a goddess, and didn't "clear the world", but came back with a living being in the form of a cat from a world where the only living being left was the "Lost Demon Lord", then it would be easy for them to realize who she is. Based on her fight with the rogue hero (and even as early as chapter 1.2) we see she is slowly regaining her strength. Since the "Lost Demon Lord" was used as an example of what happens when an "evil entity" grows too powerful, and the returnee heroes are tasked to "nip such a bad thing in the bud before it grows up" it would be obvious that they would want to kill her before she regains her powers (especially since they now know she wasn't quite as sealed away as they thought she was).

The fact the goddesses sealed her away is another piece of evidence that they weren't involved in Kyouya being summoned, as they wouldn't want anything to pierce the seal of such a dangerous entity, and allow it to possibly escape their barrier (similar to how Kyouya was able to pierce the barrier of the rogue hero after the barrier was damaged from the inside), or if they did let him through, they would have monitored the situation extremely closely to see what would happen in case they needed to respond.

The fact that she summoned him (if I am even remembering correctly, I had forgotten about the root thing) and that it wasn't a goddess sending him there. The fact that she is no longer in her cage, which I am sure someone can check. The fact that she still lives (yrs, she takes on the form of a cat, but this world may have something like "magic signature").

Why does it matter? Same reason as the first sentence. The goddesses clearly value their power, their control. They weren't in control of this situation and a power now exists outside of their control. They won't like that, and most likely won't let it exist. Even if, no, especially if, Felice basically has lost her demon lord powers she still was a threat to the goddesses power and control... an embarrassment for them. Embarrassments must be eliminated.

The thing I don't understand is, considering how it has been made evident that the goddesses are the ones who send people between worlds, but it was Felice who summoned the MC. How they didn't notice this very clear irregularity (on either end) is beyond me.

tldr: the goddesses didn't create the MC, Felice did, and even if she lost most of her power, the goddesses have no reason to tolerate the reminder of their embarrassment or the existence of an irregular outside of their control.
As I said in my other, lengthy reply, I think the reason the goddesses didn't notice the MC's irregularity is because of how many heroes are summoned and return. So when a hero returns, each goddess probably only takes note of "One (or a group) of my heroes has (or have) returned," or "A hero (or group of heroes) belonging to somebody else has (or have) returned."

Dex-chan lover
As I said in my other, lengthy reply, I think the reason the goddesses didn't notice the MC's irregularity is because of how many heroes are summoned and return. So when a hero returns, each goddess probably only takes note of "One (or a group) of my heroes has (or have) returned," or "A hero (or group of heroes) belonging to somebody else has (or have) returned."
Sorry. I didn't see your other post. While I do certainly read through as many people's comments as I am mentally capable of doing, I stop after I write my own post. Generally speaking I am not even aware of posts afterwards unless it is quoting mine or some @ me.
That isn't to say that I "don't ever" read posts after I post, it just usually doesn't occur to me... (In some obvious cases I can be pretty dumb...)

However, now that you have brought my attention to your post, it is highly likely that you are correct. If the goddesses are (generally) the only ones who can move people between worlds, there should be no reason for them to suspect this movement.

Dex-chan lover
If "conjecture" means "never 100% proven", then both sides of this debate are firmly "conjecture".
Bless your heart for re-reading more of the story than even me in all of this. But you've descibed categorical statements supporting everything I said. Like you said, the only thing left is a retcon at this point.
But some of what you've asserted isn't accurate, based on the manga so far.
Did he say something that was accurate? I feel like you covered every point he made after this bit.

Dex-chan lover
Nope. Finally fell outside it this chapter. The machine insisted my thing was conjecture because technically the story didn't say one way or another whether he could have one. Now that the story specifically said you need a goddess, the fact that he wasn't summoned by one, and only ever knew the useless one outright confirms he doesn't. Unless you think the author's lying to us. At which point, you're in denial. I can't argue with the unreasonable.

Yeah I can. And this story outright tells you the conditions for cheat skills. Conditions MC hasn't met. Unless you think Felice is stupid.

Except, you know, the lack of any cheat skills, the lack of any goddesses at the beginning, the fact that MC was placed in a doomed world, directly in front of the Demon King who had specifically already been sealed away, and, in case you have the IQ of a 6 year old, Felice specifically telling us she summoned him so he could kill her.

Stick to the cheat skill argument; it's your more reasonable one. MC technically has one, in that it's been stated to be an inherent part of every person from Earth. It just hasn't been unlocked, because he was never unshackled by any goddess. He has one but cannot use it. Like having a car, but not they keys.

No they wouldn't. This is, as you like to say, conjecture. Motivated reasoning, even. It's pretty clear you don't need to be a goddess to summon people. You don't need their cooperation to summon, either. If you did, this story wouldn't make sense, since Felice was locked up tight in that world, since she was too strong. Nobody would willingly help her summon yet more people.

You should probably re-read the story at this point. You seem to be having trouble following its basic elements. She was trapped in there. The prison wouldn't make sense if she could leave it. The option to escape only ever came up when she lost her root as a "Demon King". And at that point, she was, as even you understand, too weak to even take the shape of a person, much less breach whatever barriers you need to to leave.

Had there not been any remnants, the author would have been forced to write in some other stretch of time where they spend tens of thousands more years constructing a new portal.

This is only confusing to you because you're either completely unfamiliar with the genre, or willfully ignorant. I'm going to assume you started getting into anime and manga in the last few months, and just tell you how it goes:

The Isekai genre has, broadly speaking, three or four categories: Divine intervention, Stuck In Fiction, Royal Summon, and Rebirth. They usually go like this:

2) God summons you.
3) Tells you you're going somewhere else.
4) Gives you power.
5) Sends you off.
Examples: Tsukimichi , All of FUNA's works, THIS SERIES, and many others.

2) Wake up in new world, sometimes as baby.
3) Recognize new world as [insert fictional media here].
4) Use meta knowledge to get OP.
Examples: Any Akuyaku Reijou series, Otome Game Sekai wa Mob ni Kibishii Sekai desu

1) You're just minding your own business.
2) Royal Family summons you.
3) Tells you to help them save them from [insert demonic force here].
4) Game-like world grants you with special class.
Example: Rising of the Shield Hero, Chuiyuu Mahou (Variation)

1) Thing happens (Usually death).
2) Wake up in new world (usually as baby).
3) Realize there's magic.
4) Use modern concepts to dominate in new world.
Examples: Ascendance of a bookworm, Mushoku Tensei

There are variations, like in TenSura, where the guy is reincarnated, and then meets a god, entirely unrelated to his summon, soon after, finally becoming OP, but these are the general outlines.

The summon is the plot device to pull you out of your normal life. The Deity is the plot device to justify the change, and to turn you from a normal Human to The Protagonist. If you think the summon is what empowers the protagonist, then you should probably go ahead and watch a couple more of these shows.
Your argument here is "He doesn't have cheat powers because his summoning didn't go through the goddesses, and he didn't go through the goddesses because he doesn't have cheat powers." You've got circular reasoning going on. If A, then B; If B, then A. Your reasoning only supports your side under your own assumptions, you have no actual grounding for either statement to be true.

You have no proof that he does not have cheat powers except your own assumption that he was not summoned through the goddesses, and you have no proof he was not summoned through the goddesses except your own assumption that he does not have cheat powers. Nothing in this chapter confirms either side of your assumption: nothing proves he does not have cheat powers, nothing confirms he was not summoned through the goddesses.
And no, him being summoned by Felice does not eliminate the possibility that he was summoned through the goddesses, what reason would they have to deny a hero summon? She destroyed at least 3000 worlds before that one, killing an unknowable number of heroes in the process, yet there were still remnants of a hero summoning in that world which means the goddesses were still sending heroes after her. What proof do you have that she did not use the exact same summoning spell as had been used to summon the previous heroes? You have no proof except your own assumption that Kyouya has no cheat powers, which has no support except your own assumption that Kyouya was not summoned through the goddesses, which has no support except your own assumption that Kyouya has no cheat powers.

Additionally, your AI model claims your argument is not conjecture because you are feeding it your assumptions as fact when they are actually nothing more than your own assumptions. The AI is siding with you because you are telling it to, not because that is the correct conclusion.

Dex-chan lover
If "conjecture" means "never 100% proven", then both sides of this debate are firmly "conjecture". But some of what you've asserted isn't accurate, based on the manga so far. Until the manga is completed, then anything talked about would be from "incomplete evidence" as something could come up later in the manga, even if it contradicts things stated previously.

In chapter 2, Felice specifically states that she is the one that summoned him, and in chapter 4 he states that he'd never met a goddess before meeting Lala, which Felice immediately telepathically yells at him for saying, because "a hero is usually summoned by a goddess", further indicating that a goddess wasn't involved in his summoning (and indicating that if a goddess is involved, the hero meets the goddess, because just saying he hadn't met one would give him away). You say "if she used the same kind of summoning that was used for other heroes then they definitely should have been involved" but Felice is contrasting his summoning to that of other heroes, showing his isn't the same.

She also didn't say she "needed" to use the remnants of a goddess' summoning to make the return trip. In chapter 3, she just says it was a "good thing" they could "hitch a ride on the goddesses' transfer gate" (which, rather than the remnants of one goddess doing a summoning, seems to be the gate through which all the goddesses transfer humans from earth to any other realm, as evidence that it is stated to belong to the "goddesses" collectively), because it meant they "didn't have to build [their] own from scratch." But she implies they could have, it just would have been more difficult. Since her powers are sealed at this point (which is in contrast with when she summoned him, at which point she had full use of her powers), it probably would have required him to do the building, with her coaching him through it, but she words it as if was something possible but less convenient. If she could teach him how to build a return path between his world and hers, when she didn't have her powers (or if she could build it herself despite being sealed), then the idea that she couldn't create the initial path to summon him without the aid of a goddess when she does have her powers doesn't make sense. It also doesn't make sense, in the first place, to say that an perceived inability of hers when her powers were removed means she also was unable to do that when her powers were at full strength.

In chapter 6, Komari reveals her "unique ability" and MC thinks "the so-called cheat abilities a transferee receives from a goddess" following that up with "Judging from the reactions of the others who have also received an ability..." which indicates he considers himself different from "the others", which indicates he doesn't have one. Later, he explicitly states that. The bully says "I'm sure your unique ability is trash too. Come on, show me." MC replies "I don't have one..." "Hah?" "I don't have a... Unique ability...!" (Then thinks to himself: "Because I wasn't summon by a goddess, but by a demon lord...") So he wasn't just lying to the guy to hide his ability, and he stated directly that he "wasn't summoned by a goddess" which refutes your point that "It was never proven, or even said by anyone but you that goddesses were not involved in his summoning." Later in that chapter he says: "I wasn't lying when I said I don't have any unique abilities. But I can do almost anything at the level of a unique ability." So unless the author later retcons it, he doesn't have any unique abilities he can use, currently, but he has trained enough to be able to perform all sorts of tasks at a level that would make them seem like unique abilities.

As for your other question about Kyouya and Felice, this ties into some of this discussion. If he stands out too much, they might start asking about which goddess summoned him or what secrets he has. So many heroes are summoned, that when they return, the goddess probably only take notice of "that was my hero/that wasn't my hero", and so they would all assume he was just some other goddess' returnee. If they look into his summoning or his secrets, and find out he was summoned by Felice instead of a goddess, and didn't "clear the world", but came back with a living being in the form of a cat from a world where the only living being left was the "Lost Demon Lord", then it would be easy for them to realize who she is. Based on her fight with the rogue hero (and even as early as chapter 1.2) we see she is slowly regaining her strength. Since the "Lost Demon Lord" was used as an example of what happens when an "evil entity" grows too powerful, and the returnee heroes are tasked to "nip such a bad thing in the bud before it grows up" it would be obvious that they would want to kill her before she regains her powers (especially since they now know she wasn't quite as sealed away as they thought she was).

The fact the goddesses sealed her away is another piece of evidence that they weren't involved in Kyouya being summoned, as they wouldn't want anything to pierce the seal of such a dangerous entity, and allow it to possibly escape their barrier (similar to how Kyouya was able to pierce the barrier of the rogue hero after the barrier was damaged from the inside), or if they did let him through, they would have monitored the situation extremely closely to see what would happen in case they needed to respond.
I'm gonna chime in, "usually" does not not mean "always." If she meant that he was alone in that then she would have said "other" or "those," "usually" implies that that is not always the case; if 50.1% of summoned heroes meet with a goddess and remember it, that is still "usually" even though 49.9% do not. She also made the description of how abilities are unlocked more broad by saying "beings called goddesses" instead of just "goddesses." (subtle difference, but of great significance to the meaning) Further, if Kyouya was not taught what his ability was, or that it was a unique ability, then he'd have a hard time showing it off even if it wasn't some subtle passive ability like [Infinite Potential].
You're building up a bubble, but if you properly scrutinize what is being said, you'd find your bubble is full of holes.

Also, on the topic of conjecture:
My stance has always been there is not enough evidence to reach a conclusion, and you can go back to confirm that for yourself. That is a refutation, not conjecture. In this conversation, I am the only one offering a refutation that is not purely conjecture, I merely voice the inverse conjecture in evidence of the lack of information. This is not a debate between two conjectures, between a conjecture and a concrete refutation for lack of evidence.
To put this another way, they're shouting "Selkies are real!" And I'm telling them "then prove it," but they're only coming back with "well, I saw one once. . ."

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Your argument here is "He doesn't have cheat powers because his summoning didn't go through the goddesses, and he didn't go through the goddesses because he doesn't have cheat powers."
Yes. I can use the fact that he doesn't have a cheat power to infer a goddess didn't summon him. The same way you can infer the ground isn't wet because it didn't rain. The ground isn't wet because it didn't rain, and it didn't rain because the ground isn't wet. Except this real-world example is actually less conclusive than what we have. In the story, they're explicitly telling us both who summoned him, and that goddesses are the only way to get cheat skills. At least the ground can be wet for non-rain related reasons.
You have no proof that he does not have cheat powers except your own assumption that he was not summoned through the goddesses, and you have no proof he was not summoned through the goddesses except your own assumption that he does not have cheat powers.
I suggest you re-read the story.
And no, him being summoned by Felice does not eliminate the possibility that he was summoned through the goddesses
Yes. It literally does.
yet there were still remnants of a hero summoning in that world which means the goddesses were still sending heroes after her.
There was a gate back. Meaning they sent a guy, and they had a way for him to go back.
Additionally, your AI model claims your argument is not conjecture because you are feeding it your assumptions as fact when they are actually nothing more than your own assumptions.
I'm literally feeding it facts about the story.
She also made the description of how abilities are unlocked more broad by saying "beings called goddesses" instead of just "goddesses."
Not a difference at all. Especially not in Japanese.

Dex-chan lover
Yes. I can use the fact that he doesn't have a cheat power to infer a goddess didn't summon him. The same way you can infer the ground isn't wet because it didn't rain. The ground isn't wet because it didn't rain, and it didn't rain because the ground isn't wet. Except this real-world example is actually less conclusive than what we have. In the story, they're explicitly telling us both who summoned him, and that goddesses are the only way to get cheat skills. At least the ground can be wet for non-rain related reasons.
Your comparison is not equal, your argument is a loop of assumptions and you're comparing it to verifiable fact. The ground is wet? You'd know that because you have the actual wet ground as proof of that, it does not rely on the idea that it rained. Your argument though is only assumption and the only support you have for either assumption is the other assumption.
I suggest you re-read the story.
I have, and I dare say that I'm paying more attention to it than you ever could.
Yes. It literally does.
It does not. She summoned him, but that does not mean she did not summon him the exact same way every other hero summon goes, or are you going to say that every hero that was summoned by a kingdom is also not a hero? You have no proof he was not summoned through the goddesses other than your own assumption.
There was a gate back. Meaning they sent a guy, and they had a way for him to go back.
They continued to send heroes to go after a demon lord that has destroyed at least 3000 worlds, that they could not defeat with the previous how ever many heroes, yet they still sent heroes after her. So if Felice made a hero summons through the goddesses, why wouldn't they fulfil it? You have no reason why they wouldn't, and you can't prove that they didn't.
I'm literally feeding it facts about the story.
Along side your own assumptions that you proclaimed to it as fact.
Not a difference at all. Especially not in Japanese.
There is a difference, especially in Japanese. If she specifically meant only the goddesses, there is no reason why she wouldn't just say "the goddesses" instead of "the beings called goddesses" unless she's speaking hearsay with no idea if what she's saying is actually true. You never see or hear any character that knows what they're talking about wording things that way unless they intend to be vague about it.
And heck, the details of that drug call your clear-cut interpretation of the line into question anyway. "Only the goddesses can unlock unique abilities," yet along comes this drug that also unlocks unique abilities. We've yet to see or hear if these abilities are temporary, but it unlocks abilities that by your understanding only the goddesses should be able to unlock. Whatever they're made of, or who made them, it still ruins your premise that a hero must be summoned by a goddess to gain a unique ability.

Last edited:
Sorry. I didn't see your other post. While I do certainly read through as many people's comments as I am mentally capable of doing, I stop after I write my own post. Generally speaking I am not even aware of posts afterwards unless it is quoting mine or some @ me.
That isn't to say that I "don't ever" read posts after I post, it just usually doesn't occur to me... (In some obvious cases I can be pretty dumb...)

However, now that you have brought my attention to your post, it is highly likely that you are correct. If the goddesses are (generally) the only ones who can move people between worlds, there should be no reason for them to suspect this movement.
I had just posted it, so there was basically no way for you to see it. I was simply making a shorter post to only reply to your question, instead of expecting you to read a long post that wasn't a reply to you, that also had that answer in it.

Users who are viewing this thread