Saving 80,000 Gold in Another World for My Retirement

Group Leader
It's entertaining because it's isekai and it's also quite annoying because she's the smartass type and literally appears in every frame

But I also don't like Nouka because the MC appears in 1 frame every chapter.

It's finding that middle ground imo

Group Leader
I am really enjoying that, and the (according to keikaku) just as planned translations are hilarious because I know that it piss off gammar nazis and whiners.

Dex-chan lover
She is going to mess that world heavily. I understand she wants money, but just selling already elaborated product will surely bring problem in the future.

Dex-chan lover
Well, this is interesting and fun for the most part.

However...it's hard to put into words, but something about how the characters behave seem..."off" to me. I don't want to say that they don't feel like real people, but it seems to be lacking something I'm used to in stories.

Group Leader
@Psychronia agreed, something feels off, the character all behave... well, there's always something strange with them.

It's interesting and fun but... she said she wouldn't bring anything that'd look too "odd" to this world but...
guns, fire-starters, lamps, hand-held lights, care products in plastic bottles (the care product itself is fine, the bottles ? The heck, they even have Japanese prints on them), etc etc.
In her house you have modern cuisine, TV, electricity, fridge, gaming consoles, etc, again.

This would have so much more potential if she only brought things that could pass off as foreign technology instead of blatant future tech. Things like the kitchen wares are fine but some are not, like the special coatings on some things (aluminium and other things). The craftsmen's works were a perfect idea ! They have better knowledge and experience than the people of this second world but this can pass as a foreign country which focused more on the quality of their craftsmanship, it could be the work of some master craftsman from there.
But guns ? You can't explain that, even if she doesn't sell it she doesn't even conceal it... Crossbow, YES, even a modern one is fine ! She brought both, which seems contradictory...
The fire-starter... she could've used a modern flint & steel which already produce enough sparks to start a fire but no, she had to use a handheld gas torch (or whatever it's called in English).

For the party she brought a laptop and projector... the servants used cameras to film and take pictures... HOW COME NO ONE IN THIS OTHER WORLD IS QUESTIONING THESE ? I mean, no matter how naive the servants can be, there's a limit to what you can call "foreign tech". Handheld device that can capture images of the world in real time without any apparent processing ? Just... what the fuck, this would be a godly priceless artifact in such times. The guest are all in awe because of the projector, they're even saying "what kind of magic is that ?" so far even magic doesn't seem to exist in this manga, how can they all be "oh fine, it's magic" ?! Any noble seeing such things would be all over the place trying to get its hands on such technology to boast about it or make money from it, which is entirely normal since you're putting such outrageous tech in front of them. But nope. Nothing happens aside of some cook that comes and ask for... FISH. FISH, of all fucking things this party had. FISH.

Are you making fun of us, author ? I'm in despair right now.

But yeah, if you forget about these things, plug off your brain to enjoy a silly and fun manga, this is great. Sometimes I plug it in by reflex because some things are just too much (like the laptop, projector and cameras being used in public) but other things can be overlooked easily, the manga in itself is enjoyable (but makes no sense).

Dex-chan lover
@Shyning "That was a lie!"

The fun thing about imouto-chan is that she outright admits that she don't actually give a damn and that she's not against abusing her powers (to a certain extend, based on her own moral compass) to get what she wants - money. That's way better than all the self-righteous beta MCs out there, in my opinion. The only annoying thing bugging me is her over 9000 IQ and being surrounded by the dumbest people around, but it's supposed to be a fun and silly story, so... meh.

Just needed to vent some frustration from reading this manga so far...
The way she is trying to make money is like a elderly Asian women opening a dollar store. Make everything a nice presentation and have a bunch of things whether or not they are logical or random, for sale.
She spends money to make customers, but the customers she is focusing on is kind of limited. How many more parties she going to oversee and supply, to nobles as no commoner would have the money and if she lowered the price for commoners the nobles would feel annoyed that their "grand" experience is not special. What is her chain of supply? Why did she think a fish scale scrapper be a good item in a shop of a town that is far from the sea...
She is presented as smart, but making her goal being done in a slow and round about way is disappointing. She has no consideration of the geography and technology in the new world. Frankly, she could of just used her gained reputation of that initial noble family and started a workshop that dealt in construction, materials and tools. (With a side business of jewelry(Saying it came from where she got her building materials.)) Getting the knowledge of current tech of the new world and using the vast line of advancements of the modern world she could make an empire. New buildings that aided farming, housing, and city defenses, by a good tech leap. But not a straight to modern tech level as you use points in modern advancement history to introduce "new" tech to the new world. Infrastructural advancements raises the passing of money and if you are the cause of the rising cities you are going to get a lot money as you would be basically supplying the customers a new "needed" commodity instead of her trinkets.
They way she acts in such a world feels like she would be killed, robbed, or kidnapped for her stuff... If witches were a bad thing in the world people probably would of ousted her away already. She has the power of information of all human advancements of all genres and she makes a general store selling junk that she spins are foreign helpful tools. She could just open a soap, shampoo, cosmetic shop that other insekai manga have done and make bank...

Fed-Kun's army
The running theme is pretty much that she likes to play house more than anything else. Running a fancy boutique is just something she wants to do.

Dex-chan lover
I can tell she’s not greedy, she is definitely too clever for everyone else’s own good.

I have been searching for isekai mangas with female protag without echi. I wish the scanlation will continue this work

Please do more of the manga... been waiting 3 months for an update and now having manga with draws..

I wish the scanlation will continue this work. This is pretty good, picked it up about 4 months ago and I'm interested in reading more. i hope someone picks it up and translate it.

Users who are viewing this thread