Sayonara Mangadex, putting down our rose colored glasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Group Leader
I don't get this. People are leaving MD to go to Kissmanga to watch clickbait and have pup's and virus's introduced onto their computers rather than stay here and read ad free? All because a mod said it would be nice to go legit even though they didn't believe it was possible? As far as the groups that jumped off, they are free to do so, of course, but don't act all righteous when all your work is on every aggregator site out there. You asked for your work to be removed and it was have you asked mangareader, mangakakalot or any of the rest to do the same and even gotten a response?

just wondering 2 things:
1) Who will take those series?
2) Where will be the next directory of mangas in the case no one takes those series?

3)Yes i'm a shameless leecher, what can i do about it.......

Group Leader
@Ashi You sure your adblocker isn't just enabled on their sites? Several of those that signed this are littered with them.
Maybe they should get a job to support their hobby? I know I do. If their job can't support them with their hobby, maybe they should focus more on their RL instead of their hobby until they can make ends meet.
That or go legit and turn this into a job. Oh wait, that's what MD wants to do. Go figure.

@Ashi

Not sure if you're aware, but scanlation costs money. Scanlators cannot just download comics off the internet for free (mostly) and let's not forget about hosting fees.

Oh, really. Please, tell me more.

:popcorn:

@aoi2012

The issue is not the website going legit, MD is free to do what ever they want. The issue was them ignoring the groups getting abuse from the community and not doing anything about it

Custom title
Staff
Developer
@Kyte posted:

if you guys go legit what's the plan for licensing non-US territories?
That would be something to plan for when there's a snowball's chance in hell we'd get licensing for any territories at all without taking down scanlations.

Group Leader
@Theobane then I say to them, this is the internet, get over it. If you can't handle people saying bad things to you, quit the internet, stay in your home, never go anywhere. Cause people might say mean things to you. Or send you anonymous death threats. Time to live in a bubble.

Fed-Kun's army
@Katsurandom You can get Tachiyomi in your Android (not sure if it works on PC android simulators). From there you can read basically anywhere, even aggregator sites. Tachi is an ad-less app, so reading in it supports NO ONE, just like what those aggregators and these crying groups deserved.

Lmao, I bet the scanlator groups feel their yearly dopamine rush when they sign their "agreement" to leave dex

as for me normal reader that don't want to get hassled by having to bookmark millions group website I'll just have 2 bookmark instead of one now, mangadex and kissmanga, thing I can get from md I'll still consume as usual, thing I can't get on md I'll get from other aggregator website. Have fun with that dopamine rush guys, you gonna need that later I guess.

p.s what's stopping other group sniping their project and upload their own translation to MD? scanlation is all based on trust anyway and I'd rather trust md with no ads rather than some rando website that got bitcoin miner playing on their background

@Solistia
Man that's some serious hate speech right there /s

People shouldn't be dicks online, especially to content providers they want more content from.
But even if they are, these scan groups should stop throwing tantrums and buck up. It's the internet, stop taking everything so seriously.

@Theobane lmao, what should they do? Protect the fee-fees of a bunch of greedy, scammy divas? Get over yourself. It's not a surprise the groups stirring shit are the bottom of the barrel.

Contributor
This thread is such a passive aggresive shitfest. Also if scanlators think them pulling out of this site will make ANYONE go to their scuffed-ass websites then they are in for a rude awakening. All this is accomplishing is that it's making people go to sites that rip your content and dont credit you.

Dex-chan lover
These scanlators barely pay for the overhead costs of buying the originals for the scans and you are accusing them of being greedy? AFTER you confess your own plans on going "legit"? Which will totally not come with a huge profit I am sure. Your decision to come out and instantly smear them while trying to look indifferent is sad and speaks miles about your true personality.

Fed-Kun's army
@Ashi that’s the best case scenario. However, most of these groups are doing exactly what you mentioned.

Scanlation costs money, yes, and that’s why it is the same like any hobby. If you can afford it, then go ahead. If not, then you don’t have to do it. There’s nothing and no one forcing you to scanlate. Sure not every reader knew that, but to the people who know, begging for donation and using it as a main front to get money really shows what underlying intention they have.

By the way, are you even sure they get raws the legal way? Because not every scanlator do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread