Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai ~Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Shadow Walker

Double-page supporter
"Legal", huh? Then it's perfectly "legal" for him to execute the emperor as a "traitor for humankind" - go fuck yourself with the bullshit excuses.

@JaxTheTurtleManager I wouldn't. I wouldn't have backed out like a little bitch like the MC did. I would've gone and killed the emperor, and made it seem like the kingdom did it or something and watch the humans tear each other apart like the filthy disgusting trash that they are in that world.

Contributor
@Siikalahna
Obviously a case of stupid evil, but.
filthy disgusting trash that they are in that world
that world
Huh, would you look at that? A pure soul.

@CalamityCallout
Not defending the emperor, but the system of governance of the times when emperors existed were centralized too much on them. If they suddenly died or disappeared out of nowhere, it would really cause chaos, unlike recent times where a nation/territory is relatively more "stable". Sure, he has an heir, but who isn't to say another power block accusing said heir of conspiring to disappear/kill the emperor?
Of course, this is all just a moot point in a fantasy manga, but who cares, really?

Supporter
@kenx

Sure, he has an heir, but who isn't to say another power block accusing said heir of conspiring to disappear/kill the emperor?

Well, for one, showing up with a dragon and murdering the emperor doesn't exactly leave much to the imagination on who did it, or why.

Dex-chan lover
> Entrusting MC a Loli princess...... hmmm
I dont see who will win between a clash of Demon Lord and hordes of FBI undercover....

Dex-chan lover
@CalamityCallout
It doesn't have to be true. Remember that this woman is a Queen; a politician essentially. As long as her words sound convincing enough to get her way, she will use her silver tongue. She doesn't want to deal with unpredictable chaos and wants to maximize benefits for her nation, since the death of an empeor could cause any number of scenarios, so after noticing that MC really cares about those close to him, and likely people in general, she appeals to their wellbeing to avoid that situation. The correct response from the MC, if he responded at all since he didn't owe her any explanations really, would be to declare that he would kill the emperor and put a replacement in the throne to minimize chaos.
My guess is that she tried to put MC firmly in an antagonistic and potentially hostile stance with the empire to make her queendom (?) seem like a natural ally and thus benefit from having him "on her side" in case conflict did occur. However, she miscalculated just how fucking angry MC would get and how far he was willing to inmediately escalate the situation, forcing her to run inmediate damage control.

Dex-chan lover
The whole continent would become his enemy if he killed the emperor? What kinda bullshit is that?
I feel like every other country who is at odds with the Empire would be lining up to give him a medal.

@CalamityCallout If you think nothing would happen if he killed the emperor, you really shouldnt go around calling others idiots before looking yourself in a mirror...

@Siikalahna I dunno if you understand what "legal" means xDDD

Supporter
@Tearsax

i was thinking the same, but... the point about refugees is important.
think about North Korea in the current world.
i don't think it's a stretch to say most countries would want to remove the current regime, and either look at better governance or reunification.

but the issue is that to remove NK leadership is to invite a humanitarian crisis. it would require large amounts of resources to take care of the refugees that would result from such a move; a large part of why no one has done anything... decisive about it.

it could be a similar situation here. supporting a proper war and invasion of the empire, with a country ready to annex the taken lands is one thing.
to simply kill the emperor and let things happen as they may is quite another.

Dex-chan lover
Refugees aren't the problem. Panic is the problem and that issue is beyond saving after he already announced his existence next door while coming for a personal visit. People should already be fleeing. He could easily just kill off the royal family, plop his brother along with some reasonably competent high officials in charge, and leave. Her assumption of refugees is predicated on him being FAR weaker than he actually is and actually being hampered by efforts to fight him despite it being shown that they aren't capable of that already.

Dex-chan lover
tsk tsk tsk... you don't kill the emperor, first you kill all of his family, then all that he hold dear, and lastly you kill him.

Dex-chan lover
Tbf, she’s right. It only equates to assassination and all it accomplishes is revenge. There is no benefit to his role as a leader. On the other hand, if he outright conquers them as a simple evil demon lord, tons of innocents will die or flee from their homes creating major discourse in other countries who do not share their culture or have little to offer to them to help.

The optimal course of action would be to force the leaders to look bad, dethrone them, and then behead them or kill them in a war he wages on powerful reasoning that even the conquered people would be willing to submit to.

Dex-chan lover
He was dumb enough to kill Mc's family along with other misc outright attacks and not expect to personally enrage something far stronger than his military is capable of fighting. I think empathy is probably not the strong suit of this King since empathy would tell him just how goddamn stupid of an idea that was. Ergo killing his family won't mean much to the King.

Fed-Kun's army
These useless side characters are holding back mc's testicles from descending (yes, I just wrote that sentence)

He should just do as he said about checking it out right now. Family is sacred after all.
What that useless queen would do if mc murdered her daughter there while they're sipping their tea like idiots? She wouldn't try to retaliate the moment she had the chance?
Another hypocrite giving advises to other people of who'm pain she can't even comprehend.

Users who are viewing this thread