Sekai de Tada Hitori no Mamonotsukai ~Tenshoku shitara Maou ni Machigawaremashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 17 - Shadow Walker

Fed-Kun's army
really? she offered her daughter?
if im the mc i'll be digger the queen herself not a kid

Dex-chan lover
@themanj that was her mistake there....she thought of "winning" him over by presenting the Empire as the common enemy but it only made him snap....yet even tho they didn't form the alliance, she got scared of his declaration of wanting to destroy the Empire....why? It's not like he'll come for you if you don't stand in his way and the others countries don't have anything against you since you're not his ally...if they ask you to group up and fight, simply refuse by saying the truth: he's too powerful and you're scared

But that wasn't the point, my rant was about that shitty Ruri and the super stupid MC that is "scared to put in danger the loli maid" even tho he has a fucking calamity dragon and one of the strongest adventurer/soldier on his side...and i'm not counting all the "undead" soldiers he could make just by fighting that war, enemies soldier that becomes yours...easy win

Dex-chan lover
@FantasyMaster they established that MC probably wouldn’t be able to tame any more human, since no one else would be able to withstand one of his attack and survive.

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan
That logic doesn't hold up after she just declared he can't be mad at his family being slaughtered and tried to calm him down via saying it was done "legally." The queen JUST accidentally sent the message that family members are expendable right before offering her daughter up. She made her offer completely worthless.

Dex-chan lover
@Doodads ok, i missed that part...doesn't change the fact that he's still a god among men and can obliterate everyone with the help of the previously mentioned dragon
Sorry, i don't mean to argue with you...i'm just sad that another author made an op mc kneel before the thought of "my friends could be in danger" when there's no possible threat to him if not god himself coming down to stop his tantrum

Dex-chan lover
so, is he not going to do anything now? lmao.

"oh no ill put my brother who they're already trying to kill in danger somehow by killing their leader and causing chaos"

Just kill the empire !!!! Simple !!! Annex the land and become the ruler SO F@CKING SIMPLE !!!!

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider
No she didn't say that. She was counting on the demon king being mature and would plot a revenge. She never said family members are expendable. Where did she say that? She only said that the execution was legally carried, which means it was carried out by the order of the emperor following the empires laws to the letter.

What she was saying was that riding the dragon to the empire and killing the empire in retaliation is unlawful. What she was hinting at was that if he wanted to take revenge, there are lawful ways of doing it, such as sending a missive condemning the execution and declaring enmity or blood feud against the emperor or the empire. Depending on the setting, he now can legally kill the emperor at any opportunity. But for him to do that, he needs to first has a legitimate government, because otherwise, he's just another bandit or assassin to the other countries.

She never once, ever, said or hinted that family members are expendable.

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan
That whole argument is invalid, since his very existence is unlawful. He declared himself monarch without support. By the laws of any existing country nearby, he is very likely a rebel. If he attacks the empire, at any point, it will be unlawful by the laws of the empire. With enough support it won't come back to bite him, but it will be unlawful. His whole position is built on broken law, so anything he does as a monarch is unlawful. Technically speaking. At the time of the declaration, law was broken. With support that will retroactively be changed for history, but a law was broken nonetheless.

Her arguing against retaliation, is her hinting that family is expendable. He can't kill the emperor because of reasons, meaning family < reasons. Ergo, family is expendable.

@LeonGreenwood

I thought the same thing. Just reread the first few pages (like 5 or so) of chapter 12 and all your questions will be answered. I'm too lazy to type.😆

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
I am pretty sure the parents were executed before he made any form of proclamation?

And either way. The best way to hold a rebellious duke in check (just using a duke as an example) is by having their family residing under your roof.

Political prisoners were and are insanely useful pawns to trade and use.

The king is simply utterly incompetent. If the son was a demon Lord. You could have used them as pawns to control him or keep him away from your borders at the very least.

That country would have been doomed to fall either way under the kind of rule this guy seemed to have. And the only reason why it hadn't was because he has lot of competent folk under him.

@Elmithian

That would only really be useful if the Demon Lord really cared about his parents though

Although, it 100% percent better to keep them alive until they can find that out

Daughter?! Also I was all for the action of killing her then the emperor, shame ruri stopped him

Double-page supporter
Damn so close to fucking up the world. Fuck you ruri!
The kingdom is being run by the church, the emperor is nothing but a puppet.

Dex-chan lover
@Elmithian
That may be. I don't actually know. It doesn't change the fact about MC now though. He unlawfully declared himself monarch, all the empire has to do is not acknowledge him and any action he takes as monarch is unlawful.

Dex-chan lover
@cor3zone
No it's not. He's just another person in a medieval world. The point of declaring the existence of the nation is for him to get legitimacy. The queen was telling him that she would support that legitimacy. Sure, he self-declared himself a king of a newly emerging nation, and he therefore doesn't have legitimacy yet. But that's only a matter of time. All you need to get legitimized is for other nations to accept your sovereignty.

Charlemagne didn't have legitimacy for his campaign to conquer the Franks, until the pope gave him one. The danes didn't have legitimacy when they conquered pre-English lands, but they did get accepted as legitimate nations after settling in. Liu Bang was just a bandit when he declared himself Emperor, and nobody accepted his right to rule when he started, but he eventually became the emperor of one of the greatest of Chinese dynasties. The Americans didn't have legitimacy when they declared independence from the British, but the French and Dutch did accept their rights to self rule and independence, which means they have sovereignty, even if the British wouldn't agree to it.

What the queen was saying was for him to wait until he get that legitimacy, when the other nations would accept that his faction is a sovereign nation. The queen's offer for alliance, if accepted, is one way to get the other countries to consider the possibility that the demon king may not be all that bad. She never said that family is expendable, implied or imagined.

Dex-chan lover
@Aichan
That's the point. He has no legitimacy. Unless the empire itself acknowledges him, or he utterly defeats them (history is written by the victor), any attack on the empire is unlawful. The empire just has to not accept any declaration. If MC has other allies, they might legitimize him in their eyes, but not within the empire.

Read their conversation again. I think you'll find that what she actually said amounts to "don't do it", not "wait". You're reading more into it than what was actually said. There was nothing about doing it later, it was all about an attack (at all, not just now) fucking things up for MC. Nothing about war, only about stopping the death of the emperor. She told him to stop for the sake of international relations, offering no alternative route to retribution. She almost literally told him peace outweighs family. Family is nothing compared to order being upheld, thus it logically follows that family is expendable for the sake of peace. It is literally her whole argument. I'm not saying it's wrong, I'm just saying you need to acknowledge that's what it actually is.

Users who are viewing this thread