Sekai de Tadahitori no Mamono Tsukai ~Tenshoku Shitara Maou ni Machigawa Remashita~ - Vol. 4 Ch. 16 - The Two Battlefields

Dex-chan lover
@Kyto1984 Or not. From my POV the Queen fucked up twice in her calculations. The first is obvious: the moment when she cut the coms. The second one is just my assumption: not realizing who is the real threat.

The MC doesnt know about the S-rank attacking the village or whatever. He only knows that Queen cut the communications after the he got a message that the Kingdom was attacking the village. So if for whatever reasons the village was wiped out, she can say that it was the Empire or that pigs fly, that the MC is gonna give a fuck because the last message he got is from someone he trusts more telling that the attack was from her. Not only that. From her way of talking, putting so much emphasis on the dragon, it looks like she thinks that the MC's power comes from controlling it and thought she would be fine as long as she cut the communication between them, not noticing that the real monster is in front of her.
So if things went wrong, well... She sure wouldnt have gained and ally.

Not that that is gonna happen since the village is gonna be fine, he is gonna learn that it was the Empire who attacked the village plus killed his fam, so he is gonna blow them to dust.

Double-page supporter
It's "sad" in many "different" ways how he got to know that....

@Tearsax "I know the pictures are nice and all, but you should read the text too. It helps understand the story."
hehehe i got caught.
last chapter i read was the 10 or so. i stopped reading for some time and took a look at the last release to see how it´s going =p

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax I think the same, and there's no way out of this unless the author just flat out ignores what happened this chapter and somehow makes the MC forget about the queen cutting off the com

Dex-chan lover
> For now, MC could do nothing but to grieve for his family loss.
The fact he understand that he need an alliance from the queen, albeit for now its a shady one offering, flat out that he's weak as a country.
Even if you are so strong both physical, skill, abilities or magically, it doesnt make you a king. He needs to think thoroughly about the move against the empire if he need the desire to take revenge...

> If im the MC, i will let for now pass the thought of getting revenge, because its impossible to take it. They were just a couple of hundreds of citizens in his newfound country.
What's worse that, aside from his loyal retainers and tamed monsters, the elf village, if he use them for his revenge, they might show their wraths against him, because of personal desire.
A King should protect his subject, not to use them against their own personal gain...
If you think because he is a king and surely he has the right to use his subjects, right now, MC has not political skill to make the citizen approve of his will.
He was a Hero status as of now, love by everyone. Even he was a king now, they will think he was more of a Hero than King, because he was just an upstart royal and no political skill.
He needs to reason out first to his loyal subjects (monsters plus citizens ) before advancing to take a revenge..

> A very good king skillfully maneuvers things first before making a move. MC was just learning of it now in a very very very hard way...

> He can focus first to build up his nation, make it rich, make his military stronger, and make his attitude matured enough before taking a revenge. From that time, he should be brimming confidence to every action he made not in a rash decision that can make regret later

Dex-chan lover
tenor.gif

Dex-chan lover
@Tearsax
I think a few other mistakes are in there but her plan probably relies on him being too angry/stupid to figure it out.
One:
The empire hasn't had TIME to identify him, get to his home village, and kill his parents yet. The fact that she knows means she's actually a bigger suspect. There's no way they could identify him days after he walked into their front door and get to his family. She probably figured out who he is by some alternate means and is either bluffing hard or "helped" with the identification. It's not been very long since he outright flew to another country.
This can be handwaved away by writers not generally thinking of that but it's something i'm considering.
Two
If she doesn't know the connection like she's pretending to be doing, she has no reason at all to bring up some minor family getting killed by the emperor. That's not even decent news unless the empire/church publicly announced the reason.

@dextersTomato
He's more than powerful enough for outright assassination. Nobody in any room can defeat him. He just has to avoid actual conquering since guerrilla warfare is a waste of time for him to deal with.

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider
If i were the MC, i think the equivalent exchange he can barter to the Queen was the administrative experience, knowledge, and most important for me is being a goodwill Witness to them.

Even if he had the military power to dominate one another, it doesnt mean he will be a King from that. Others will view them as a barbarian nation if they use their military EVEN IN THE SCENARIO OF SELF DEFENCE FROM POTENTIAL ENEMIES.

Countries with weak military might whom against them will most likely to turn to information warfare in which MC was very bad at...
I mean, they will skillfully convey information's to all networks (spies, merchants, adventurer guild, church, influential ones) until it reach other countries as well, in turn citizens that had nothing to do with them will judge them as an Evil nation, because of such wick scheme of MC's enemies...

The offering of the queen can be evolve over time. If they had an ally that will contest they were not such an organization or countries, even if MC's military might was so strong, they will be skillfully mob at by numbers and irritating knowledge by the weak (or wicked) ones.

Dex-chan lover
@RamenRider
What do you mean the empire hasn't had time to identify him? The whole reason why the entire Whitefield family was executed was because they identified Noah Whitefield (the protagonist) as a 'demon lord' when he defended the elf village. The protagonist was mentioned by name in Chapter 11 and as a result, his entire family was executed for treason for the sin of "giving birth to the next demon lord".

As for the queen, she did admit that she has spies in the empire. If the empire knows about it, and even went so far as to publicly execute Noah's family, how could she not know about it? It would be more suspicious if she didn't know about the execution and Noah's real identity despite the existence of her spy network.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah damn, I got hyped here for nothing. She turned out to be more ambivalent than I'd hoped. No dangerous games to be had here

Well, it's better he learns of it now instead of later. Although, the timing couldn't have been worse.

Dex-chan lover
So... Which grandchildren are missing now?
The Granddaughter? The Grandson? Why is she given a he if it's the granddaughter?

Users who are viewing this thread