Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 13 Ch. 64 - Legitimacy

Dex-chan lover
The manga already basically has zero stakes with the heroine being miles ahead of everybody else; at least have an interesting conflict regarding Nobunaga's dubious personality and question whether it's a good idea to keep supporting him ... instead, naw. Let's not.

Disappointing chapter.

Dex-chan lover
The manga already basically has zero stakes with the heroine being miles ahead of everybody else; at least have an interesting conflict regarding Nobunaga's dubious personality and question whether it's a good idea to keep supporting him ... instead, naw. Let's not.

Disappointing chapter.
It's not like she hadn't ponder that... Even in previous chapter, she thought that if it wasn't nobunaga who found her, she would be killed immediately. And well, the current propaganda too.

To be fair, series like this tends to go like this. Should have realized this like many chapters ago

Aggregator gang

Disappointing chapter.
? Things has been like that for awhile for her. Sure she could have doubts, but it's not like it is the most important matter. It has been long previous chapters ago that shizuko resolved herself to serve nobunaga.

In the first place, if she's still reluctant to serve him, she wouldn't get herself involved into the war to begin with

Dex-chan lover
Very interesting chapter, indeed.

I love it with the effective propaganda measures to counter the Enryakuji's, and this gave a lot to think about.

Just as a thought experiment, with Oda's (or Shizuko's) effective propaganda against the Enryakuji, and also considering how belligerent the Buddhist monks in this manga, how possible it is for the Buddhism to lose more and more influence in overall Japan of this setting?

Maybe not subtantially in immediate future, but I can imagine that they are going to have their power and influence curtailed gradually.

...Which may lead to people going back to the good ol' Shintoism....or maybe, just maybe, we are going to witness the ascendancy of Christianity in Japan of this setting!

...that is if Nobunaga or Shizuko can keep away the worst excesses of Christianity or any other religion, to be honest (i.e. zealotry, religious elitism, intolerance, ignorance, corruption, etc, etc).

Maybe, just maybe, Shizuko can temper with Frois' sermons to the masses, particularly with one of Jesus' gospels, "Render unto Caesar."

That way, while Christianity can be allowed to spread peacefully, the Japan of this setting can be kept relatively secular.

...LOL, I can already imagine Shiro Amakusa, instead of being a rebel (and died as one) like in the original timeline, is being ordained as the first Cardinal/ Arch-Bishop of the Church of Japan in this setting.

What a weird mental image.

Boy, oh boy, this is interesting!
Can't wait to see the next chapters!

Addendum:
I talked so much about Christianity and whatnot, that I forgot the true star of this chapter: The Propaganda itself.

With this monstrously effective propaganda against the Enryakuji, surely Nobunaga can see the strategic value in written, or dare I say, Printed Words.

With Shizuko's "invention", her Tech-Village support, and Nobunaga's nigh-bottomless investment in her, I can see that the creation of the Printing Press won't be long now...

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Very interesting chapter, indeed.

I love it with the effective propaganda measures to counter the Enryakuji's, and this gave a lot to think about.

Just as a thought experiment, with Oda's (or Shizuko's) effective propaganda against the Enryakuji, and also considering how belligerent the Buddhist monks in this manga, how possible it is for the Buddhism to lose more and more influence in overall Japan of this setting?

Maybe not subtantially in immediate future, but I can imagine that they are going to have their power and influence curtailed gradually.

...Which may lead to people going back to the good ol' Shintoism....or maybe, just maybe, we are going to witness the ascendancy of Christianity in Japan of this setting!

...that is if Nobunaga or Shizuko can keep away the worst excesses of Christianity or any other religion, to be honest (i.e. zealotry, religious elitism, intolerance, ignorance, corruption, etc, etc).

Maybe, just maybe, Shizuko can temper with Frois' sermons to the masses, particularly with one of Jesus' gospels, "Render unto Caesar."

That way, while Christianity can be allowed to spread peacefully, the Japan of this setting can be kept relatively secular.

...LOL, I can already imagine Shiro Amakusa, instead of being a rebel like in the original timeline, is being ordained as the first Cardinal/ Arch-Bishop of the Church of Japan in this setting.

What a weird mental image.

Boy, oh boy, this is interesting!
Can't wait to see the next chapters!
Nobunaga lets them hang around, but he never presents himself as religious. I think there'd still be a strong balance between christianity and confusionism(which I believe shizuko's QoL enhancements benefit more). Maybe Taoism if they can sufficiently separate themselves from the buddhists.

I’m reminded of the one chapter where Shizuko says that history is written by the victors, and that they will paint you as the bad guy… while the Hiroshima nuclear explosion is shown behind her.

But the thing is that we’ve seen what Japan did in World War II, not only to the US but to places like China and Korea. There are firsthand accounts of that. And Shizuko is acting as if they’re the victims in this whole event.

So I can’t figure out whether the author realizes this and is going “always have a little bit of skepticism with what you follow” or is going “always take everything you read with a grain of salt… unless it’s from me JAPAN FOREVER AAAAAAAAAAAAAA”
You are a retard. USA cut off supply lines and banned trade to Japan in WW2, the Jewish leaders of our country wanted USA to become involved in the war despite 90% of surveyed Americans not wanting to. After it went on long enough pearl harbor happened, and despite the numerous warnings and radar signals detected, the leaders intentionally told the operators to ignore it until it was too late. US is the greatest propaganda machine in the world; you are here reading a Japanese manga so of course you feel challenged when it defies your brainwashing.

Dex-chan lover
Wonder if she will ever return to the future, and if so am assuming the time travel she is in has some sort of dimensional aspect.
The issue is with how time travel occurs in this series, given the implication that the trigger for it happening is a near death situation. Like how Shizuko, Ashimitsu and that older uncle went back in time because of that bus crash moment.

Dex-chan lover
The issue is with how time travel occurs in this series, given the implication that the trigger for it happening is a near death situation. Like how Shizuko, Ashimitsu and that older uncle went back in time because of that bus crash moment.
So maybe you die in one dimension and are moved to another one? I'm concerned about the butterfly effect here as changes all time travelers have made should have long changed their parents being born let alone meeting and having them.

Instrumentality Instigator
Staff
Super Moderator
You are a retard. USA cut off supply lines and banned trade to Japan in WW2, the Jewish leaders of our country wanted USA to become involved in the war despite 90% of surveyed Americans not wanting to. After it went on long enough pearl harbor happened, and despite the numerous warnings and radar signals detected, the leaders intentionally told the operators to ignore it until it was too late. US is the greatest propaganda machine in the world; you are here reading a Japanese manga so of course you feel challenged when it defies your brainwashing.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
https://www.nationalww2museum.org/war/articles/great-debate

A September 1940 poll found that 52% of Americans now believed the United States ought to risk war to help the British. That number only increased as Britain continued its standoff with the Germans; by April 1941 polls showed that 68% of Americans favored war against the Axis powers if that was the only way to defeat them.

Users who are viewing this thread