Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Invasion

Dex-chan lover
I just hope that after all this work that Nobunaga doesn't get betrayed and die and Honno-ji YET AGAIN because the MC had some highfalutin' moralistic reason to not change history SO MUCH that they will change Japanese history and technology immensely but not actually give in to telling Oda something that can save his life as if that's anything worse to the timeline after all the random nameless peasants that isekai time travellers save through future knowledge.

They say it's the Gregorian calendar, but a good number of people don't know about skipping century years, except every 400 years... (this is the difference between it and the Julian calendar). We'll see if our MC knows about this.

Note that the Gregorian calendar hasn't officially been adopted in the west at this point in history (1567) - Pope Gregory won't make the official proclamation until 1582.
There should be Jesuits in the country - let's see what happens if they get their hands on a copy.

Dex-chan lover
@the_dragon_yomu Officially yes but the basic form of it has existed since ancient Rome.

Like others have said there's no getting around the literacy problem though.

Double-page supporter
The blacksmith is low key the real hero of the story. He took his boss' crazy-ass ramblings and made them happen every time, the madlad.

Dex-chan lover
She's seriously screwing with the timeline. Lol. I wonder where this version of Earth will end up in 300 years?

Dex-chan lover
Later spear guy will be modified into robot to protect the fields

Dex-chan lover
i still don't get how sundial works. especially because the sun's position change with season(as far as i know), that means the shadow will be different too, right?

Double-page supporter
She now commands a pack of highly intelligent wolves. It's the most impressive yet most disregarded of her feats.

Aggregator gang
@mogima her main point seems to be getting every one to be somewhere at the same time so if its relatively later doesnt matter cause they still will come at the same time. (look at our summer winter time.)

komachi be like : who give a Fock with timeline anymore , just use what i want XD
cant wait to see her as commander of oda clan

@mogima
That's not the main fault of a sundial. At noon, the sun will always be at the center of its arc. The main fault of a sundial is that it just divides the amount of daylight. In summer, daylight is longer, so Shizuko's "hours" would be longer. In winter daylight is shorter so the "hours" would be shorter. I doubt accurate second/minute timekeeping is important to Shizuko so I guess the sundial is enough for now.
Another fault of the sundial is that, when the people go far to the east or west, the times will be vastly different. So the solution, from what I could tell, is just have the one sundial, and assign someone to look at it. When the clock strikes one of the spokes of the sundial, ring the bell to indicate a new hour. If you want to convey which hour it is, ring it the appropriate amount of times.

Double-page supporter
The wolves are unironically the best characters in this manga, prove me wrong.

Maybe the problem is my lack of Japanese History knowledge, but why was Nobunaga enraged by the thought she might be building a temple?

Users who are viewing this thread