Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - Invasion

Dex-chan lover
Bullshit. Teaching the average illiterate adult farmer to read and write would take years, specially considering they need to work 24/7 and have almost no free time.

Aggregator gang
Fuck, I'm still fucking bitter with mitsuhide's betrayal and Tokugawas' narrow mindedness, Nobunaga's mindset truly could've turned Japan a strong country before Meiji Era.

@Nobi not really years. When mass literacy began as a policy there were methods that could teach reading and writing in half a year (particulary mutual teaching in France and England to the end of the XIX century). The real problem was teaching discipline and morals to make "good citizens".
Also farmers didn't work 24/7. There was a lot of time, especially in between times of sowing and harvest. Its was common practice among farmers in certaing places and periods to move constantly, looking for places to work. Diferent plants had different times for harvest and farmer would go one place to another.

But this is probably one of the many plot holes and incosistencies this series has.

Dex-chan lover
so like
where the fuck is her smartphone
mangaka went out of their way to tell us that she has a manual crank charge thing and her phone should have juice left either way but its just not mentioned at all

Dex-chan lover
The real MVP of this story is that blacksmith that can mass produce all those tools with just hammer and thongs.

Random Fact because I was confused by page 11 and knew nothing about crossbows (and 3 videos and many google searches later): The bow with the gears is what's referred to as a Cranequin Crossbow and yes if you are confused how it fires while hooked up to that crank/winding gear, you can remove the winder after notching the string. For a Cranequin, the winder isn't secured onto the crossbow and the crossbow body typically has a narrower stock and thickens as it approaches the front to secure (usually with a strap) the winder to the body while allowing for easy removal for firing.......don't ask me how they they remove the Cranequin with the wavy stock being thicker than the tiny corner of a strap you see on page 11, but in the pages before you can see the narrow stock on the crossbows. Personally with my amateur knowledge, a Goat's foot might have been easier to recreate compared to a Cranequn, but uhh props to Shizuko for knowing how to make a Cranequin...and a slap on my face because I'll assume there's no time for mangakas to do in-depth research in crossbow varieties

P.S:
Also Cranequin Crossbows by virtue of the Cranequin usually don't have a stirrup, the loop at the front of the bow at least according to the internet)

Anyways, just a fun fact from another one of my short info-dives.

Users who are viewing this thread