Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 5 Ch. 23 - March to The Capital

Fed-Kun's army
she gonna teach the kid a thing or two about warfare again huh

oh wow an update, thanks!

no extra page for credits? like when you tl so fast the other 3 got surprised. or oda nobanana lol

Dex-chan lover
loved it when a simple rambling turned into an important meeting

should we anticipate "SASUGA AINZ SHIZUKO-DONO" in the next chapter?

Dex-chan lover
LMAO I feels sorry for shizuko, let my girl do some farming damn it 😂

Dex-chan lover
Ai-chan's been waiting for this chapter ever since Ai-chan read the novel chapter. Thanks for sharing.

Double-page supporter
Truly a 5Head move. Yes, indeed that the plan all along.

Fed-Kun's army
No my lord, she's just want to do sone farming. Give her a break already :<

Dex-chan lover
@shinyray01

honestly, it's not just japan. during the middle ages, most culture/empire/countries, etc have the same views. women for housework and stuff.... you have to remember, death rate was very high (war, famine,etc), hence the high need for re-population. circumstances were VERY different back then.

Fed-Kun's army
@shinyray01 @Lazymesa @no168_92 No. In professions where physical strength and endurance were paramount (sailing, logging, smithing, stone-working, soldiering, etc.) the superstition of "women bring bad luck" was founded in two very real problems; their lack of physical power meant that they could not be expected to perform to the same standards, and the conflicts that tended to occur when there were far more men than women on site (and vice versa, but that generally didn't happen in these jobs). In situations where the slightest misstep could get something important broken or someone killed, raw efficiency dictated that it was undesirable for women to engage in certain professions.

Since this whole topic is very complicated, it became expedient to boil all of these problems down to a single pithy phrase: "Women bring bad luck". This then evolved into a superstition when the phrase became more widespread than knowledge of the reasons for its existence, as such matters usually do.

Concerning the escalation from "women are bad luck" to "women are impure" (which was not a universal Western issue - "impurity" was a designation reserved for active prostitutes and known sluts of both genders), Japan had an issue with this because they didn't have as many social mores / laws against prostitution as Western nations did. The corresponding prevalence of open prostitutes in "every" town led to a confirmation bias against women. This bias was further exacerbated by the fact that Japan had a class of untouchables - burakumin, which (among others) included hunters, fishers, butchers, and grave diggers. Because of this, there was a general distaste for people who regular dealt with blood. And since women bleed regularly for no visually apparent reason, this distaste carried over to them in many areas.

TL:DR - Feudal Japan had a lot of cultural factors that made it more harsh towards women than most others.

Dex-chan lover
Hey, gotta break the glass ceiling before it becomes the status quo
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XC4vIBZkRSk

Fed-Kun's army
Every time I read this manga, the overuse of centered frame composition makes think I'm reading a storyboard to a Wes Anderson movie.

Users who are viewing this thread