Sengoku Komachi Kuroutan: Noukou Giga - Vol. 8 Ch. 38 - Hospitality

finessed on the emperor and now may become a saint.. our heroine is going places!
thank you for the chapter

Imagine Shizuko ending up in Europe instead. What was happening there at the time though? 1560s?
Ah... the Wars of Religion. Terrible affair, that one.

Fed-Kun's army
why is oda supporting the christians since he has no need in this time line with shizuko providing all they did and more in the original history they arent really beneficial

Dex-chan lover
I'm sorry, but this story of the introduction of the potato in Europe seems to be off by quite a bit. Pizarro (Spain) discovered the potato in the Andes in the 1530s, where it was cultivated as a food crop by the Inca. There were no potatoes anywhere the Portuguese went in South America so Frois might not have heard about it at all in 1569, but if he heard about it it would have been as food, as the Spaniards who discovered it were well aware why the Inca were cultivating it and did so within a generation themselves. The Spanish brought the potato to the Canary Islands in the early 1560s, and the first exported barrels of harvested potatoes from there arrived in Antwerp in 1567. The English imported their first potato plants from South America a couple decades later.

Of course there might have been some royalty or other important people who were gifted potato plants that they didn't know much about. That still seems strange for something that was known as a food crop from the start, and would soon have been cleared up as the potato was introduced as food within a few years of its crossing of the Atlantic and immediate cultivation in the Canary Islands. And of course there would be some who tried to eat the wrong parts of the plants, just like in England during WWI when some tried to eat the leaves of the rhubarb plants as a replacement for salad. Don't do that, eat the stalk only.

Dex-chan lover
So I wonder how she's supposed to realistically be the illegitimate daughter of a guy who died in 1518 unless Konoe's using "daughter" in the very loosest sense to mean descendant.

@Syanalassa Because having direct access to western trade on top of what Shizuko's providing him is still useful and gives him an advantage over many other daimyo.

Group Leader
Holy Molly! She even able to recite the Bible.

Mistery solved then. She's got a perfect memory. That's why she keeps being able to remmeebr all kinds of tricks, tech, from Japan. With no need to open a Wikipedia

time to change the manga title to
"I got sent to the past with my smart phone, but why are they calling me Saint?"

Dex-chan lover
Dang, girl. Hiding some muscles there to hold that eagle on her stick-like arms!

Users who are viewing this thread