Sensei wa Koi wo Oshierarenai - Ch. 30

Dex-chan lover
torn, he's 100% correct. but we live in a society where female teacher on male student is not treated the same as male teacher Female student. but I also love this comic.

other teacher doesnt get it because of how vague the japanese language can be.

Hm, as far as I know, it depends on the country.
Like, Rinko is right. She's technically the adult in this having a relationship with a student.

Now disbarring whatever is the legal age for whatever country, because that is such a reductive argument,

Rinko is the adult in the relationship, it looks wholesome, whatever, but end of the day, she's the adult that should know better than to get involved with kids still developing their own world views and opinions. It's a matter of having someone taking advantage of a minor, no matter how you slice it, male or female, :/ like personally having known teachers who came out to have had relations with students, both men and women.

Even if the woman had some stuff she was dealing with, having relations with a student, she's still the adult to know that that sort of relationship isn't tolerated

I still appreciate the series, btw, lol, still, don't defend teachers who have those relationships with students. Yeah, in some cultures, the student (like if it was a guy who got it in with the hot spanish/English teacher), that sorta thing does affect the guy to end up a total dick bag. It falls on the educators causing this to happen and, pinning it on students makes it much worse in terms of what it does to them as people, especially since they're so young.

People that use psychological attack and making others feel guilty for his/her own interests & benefits are just the worst

@envykills A couple of suggestions

a) On your pg. 14, the MXtranslation pg.15 makes an important reference on Rinko's response:

"Pero yo...Licor ya..." *next panel* "...No"

This could be translated as "But I...Alcohol/Sake/Liquor..." *next panel* "...No more"

This takes into context the way that Rinko felt by losing control over being drunk. The translation " But I didn't say....No" doesn't convey this important context.

b) "He gave up much more easily than I expected" . In the MX pg 22, the response is "Although, for him to give up that easily is..." The intention & character of NTR-sensei changes with this dialogue, as it paints him in a better light.

Of course, this is a moot point if you are looking at the Raw & it is more in line with your message. I don't have access :🙃

Since I read you are using the ES translation, hope this might have been helpful.

This is a manga people calm down. You dont need keep repeating how this is a bad thing irl.

Group Leader
@kazekaeru Thank you for those insights!

I had made a conscious choice to change that to "But I didn't say....No" as "But I...Alcohol/Sake/Liquor..." *next panel* "...No more" didn't make sense to me when translated. Of course it can be interpreted as you say but i feel like at that point Rinko made an impulsive decision to go and drink to get her mind off the situation. Once she got there, however, she realized she wouldn't be able to drink without crying. this was my reasoning for the change.

For your second point, i have to say i didn't realize that the wording was meant to paint him in a better light! I was under the impression that he was trying to play it off by saying that ( trying to console her in his own roundabout way by saying arase gave up easy ---> he couldn't have cared much for her in the first place )

Unfortunately i don't have raws and can't read japanese either so i can't really speak for the exact message, so all i can do is guess. (Hopefully Actus's translation can give us a better idea)

Let me know your thoughts.

Dex-chan lover
the colleague guy certainly isn't a bad dude, but his way of doing things is low, he deserved that cold water in the face

Dex-chan lover
I'm at least glad this got resolved quickly. I hate it when series drag shit like this out

Users who are viewing this thread