Sensei's White Lie

Why do we do this to ourselves? I have an inability to drop manga I've read only a single chapter of as long as it has steady updates. This manga brought me zero joy, taught me zero lessons, it just made me feel bad every time I read it.

Dex-chan lover
complete trash

70% drama
20% psychological
9% school life
0.99% slice of life
0.01% romance

trash story trash ending avoid...

unless you enjoy reading about rape and piece of shit characters

romance in the last chapter cuz fuck story will always get 1/10 from me even if I enjoyed the read for some of the time. garbage

BCS

Dex-chan lover
Short review: tries to deal with serious topics seriously but ultimately fails for several reasons. DO read it just for the comments though. Especially in the first volumes, the comments are better than the manga!

Dex-chan lover
I had no problem with the manga. I think, perhaps, people had too many expectations of it as a social commentary, PSA or something to that effect. I've never felt such a divide between the comments and my own feelings, so I stopped reading them altogether at some point.

It's a compelling work in the end, even if some notes wind up falling flat. The way sensei is drawn is also very beautiful.

aaand that's one off the list... but srsly someone kick me if ever read manga just because "art is nice"

Dex-chan lover
This is an adult story with subject matter dealt with in a serious way. The responses from women are true to life of many cases where women know their rapist. I can understand rating it low if the quality is bad, but this is a 9/10. The art is stellar and the characters are not caricatures. They are like people that I've met before - not exceptional people, flawed and mediocre people. The people who rated this low because it's "not how I would have responded to a guy like that" are people who should thank their lucky stars that seeing it depicted in fiction is as close as they come encountering such topics. If you have the stomach for it, it's a good read, it'll activate those almonds.

I want to read it.
but i don't think i'm ready to read a manga with such heavy topic in it.

Fed-Kun's army
I feel as if I'll self-destruct if I read this right now, so I'll probably drop this in my "plan to read list"...

And yet, I wonder if this is simply avoiding the topic...

Group Leader
Nice to see some people actually enjoying this but to me it’s just appalling. It fails to be a social commentary, fails to be a romance manga, fails to be anything - it’s just pointless. First manga that I’ve dropped without hesitation nor regret.

As woke as Japan's gonna get without being borderline stupid or distasteful. Alright if you wanna indulge in what women think about their sexuality in general and in relation to culture they happen to find themselves surrounded by (not necessarily what it is in itself, absent of external contexts). More of a loose collection of somewhat organized ideas dressed in story, but you shouldn't be reading this for the story.

On real side of things, I find it incredibly, incredibly funny that she is (was?) married to Inio Asano.

Users who are viewing this thread