Sensei's White Lie

mother has cuck fetish... or srsly fucked up psyche to defend her husband in that way...

Dex-chan lover
This has been worth following if only to check the comments with each chapter.

Ohh my god I thought this only had like 2 chapters left or something. It's in volume 6 and there are 8 volumes. That means 2 full volumes or like 12 chapters left.

Dex-chan lover
It's a heavy subject since self fulfilling stereotypes, sexism, domestic violence, rape etc are very real things. Make the japanese culture which is heavy on gender norms as a backdrop for a series filled with those concepts and it makes it all the more interesting.

I'm just not a huge fan of how the student teacher relationship kind of makes the story telling and the whole situation a lot more muddy than it has to be. Not that I don't appreciate the mc though. I quite like his dilemma over the male gender stereotype and it's relation to women, while at the same time trying to process that while only being an adolescent.

I think this series could be better plot wise and that some character decisions are rather disappointing as if for the sole sake of pushing drama. Hopefully it ends off on a strong note.

I thought this series had potential when it first began. I'm a big fan of heavy and serious themes in manga, but as it went on I think I found out why people are giving it such a low score. I think the premise is great, actually. It's a very real issue in society and I do have to say that I can see why the MC decided not to tell her friend about it (sexism of society, etc) but then it gets a bit convoluted because there's too much shit going on. Granted, the manga's trying to show the perspectives of all the parties involved, and how they affect the people around them. But the thing is, there's a lack of direction which is probably where the "she's making stupid decisions" thing comes from. The student/teacher romance isn't really helping its case.

I still think it's pretty daring for doing this! Despite what I just said, the manga has more pros than cons. Give it a read if you're interested in serious, and psychological topics. Thankfully, it doesn't portray rape in a sexualized manner, and the psychological aspects have weight to them.

I thought that was the last chapter for a second there and was like, welp fuck me waste of time.

Users who are viewing this thread