Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 28 - Tsubasa and Aya

Aggregator gang
She was not sugarcoating it and being realistic. They say this because they want her to change and realize what she has done. I would rather my best friends be honest with me and not sugarcoat anything so I can learn from it. I doubt her friends are not going to be friends with her anymore. They would be bad friends if they didn't say anything. Dude, you have a lot to learn.
I based my opinions on the experiences I had during the 29 years I'm on this earth. If someone, who's supposed to be a friend, prioritize their rage over the friend's mental state they might speak the truth but they're definitely NOT good friends.

Dex-chan lover
If it's so, tell me: how many times have you yelled in face of one of your friends/homies lecturing them about something bad he could have done? Had your friendship last long after that?

Compare the different attitude that Kaede's friends had while talking with Tsubasa with Aya's attitude. Aya could say every word she said in more collected way. I'm not criticizing her words, I'm criticizing her attitude.
SA victim blaming girl does NOT get to cry "muh feelings" after what she did.

Skirting around the topic will help no one, and is how she got in this situation in the first place.

She literally says so herself; "No one ever told me"

Well now someone did.

Now it's up to her to grow the fuck up.

Dex-chan lover
If it goes into the direction I think it does, I'm against Tsubasa and Seto talking again <_<.. I feel like she'd eventually go to the extreme and just sleep with someone and then goes off saying 'Now I understand', or 'Now I'm normal', but I sure funking hope I'm wrong eh..

Dex-chan lover
Compare the different attitude that Kaede's friends had while talking with Tsubasa with Aya's attitude. Aya could say every word she said in more collected way. I'm not criticizing her words, I'm criticizing her attitude.
From my understanding, Aya herself went through an experience that was similar to Kaede's (not on the same scale), as such she was incredibly capable of sympathizing with his situation. Imo, it's honestly understandable that she yelled at Tsubasa, as she found Tsubasa's attitude and words to be just that appalling and terrible. Could she had said it in a calmer manner? Sure, but I'm confident that it wouldn't do any better at having Tsubasa understand just how callous her actions were.

Aggregator gang
SA victim blaming girl does NOT get to cry "muh feelings" after what she did.

Skirting around the topic will help no one, and is how she got in this situation in the first place.

She literally says so herself; "No one ever told me"

Well now someone did.

Now it's up to her to grow the fuck up.
You can teach without yelling at people's faces.

Tsubasa needs therapy, probably a good psychologist and not the bullying of a teenager to learn how world works in a healthy way.

Dex-chan lover
You can teach without yelling at people's faces.

Tsubasa needs therapy, probably a good psychologist and not the bullying of a teenager to learn how world works in a healthy way.
As shown here, Tsubasa is way too naive and sheltered to understand what she did.

She needed a clear and obvious clarification of what she did from someone close to her to get the message through.

Coddling her with kind words has not helped her in life at all, it's what led to all this mess.

She needed this cold hard reality check, one that she will not ever forget.

Aggregator gang
As shown here, Tsubasa is way too naive and sheltered to understand what she did.

She needed a clear and obvious clarification of what she did from someone close to her to get the message through.

Coddling her with kind words has not helped her in life at all, it's what led to all this mess.

She needed this cold hard reality check, one that she will not ever forget.
You sounds like those elderly people who complain that kids nowadays are spoiled because they hasn't been beaten up by their parents.

Tsubasa didn't have the tools to understand why what she did was bad and she hasn't the tools now anyway. She feels only that she isn't normal. Aya's harsh words aren't a solution for the lack of sex ed that Tsubasa missed. The point is exactly this: Aya's words aren't teaching anything, they're only blaming Tsubasa for something that she can't understand/digest.

Dex-chan lover
If it's so, tell me: how many times have you yelled in face of one of your friends/homies lecturing them about something bad he could have done? Had your friendship last long after that?

Well, it's not like they were good friends or anything like that.

Dex-chan lover
Tsubasa's character is weird. Everyone, is seeing her as just and "inconsiderate child" but she's written as someone who has an actual mental problem with sex. A problem so strong that she vomits at the thought of it. Its not like she doesn't know better or she's downplaying what she did but how do you show someone getting over their intrusive thoughts. And this chapters answer is, "just don't say it out loud" but its not like its a reoccurring issue for her. Its too far in a metal direction that just "growing up and learning from your mistakes" couldn't reasonably fix it. I think this type of writing would have worked better if Tsubasa was way more shallow.

Dex-chan lover
You sounds like those elderly people who complain that kids nowadays are spoiled because they hasn't been beaten up by their parents.

Tsubasa didn't have the tools to understand why what she did was bad and she hasn't the tools now anyway. She feels only that she isn't normal. Aya's harsh words aren't a solution for the lack of sex ed that Tsubasa missed. The point is exactly this: Aya's words aren't teaching anything, they're only blaming Tsubasa for something that she can't understand/digest.
You completely missed the point. All of Aya's rant wasn't that Tsubasa's lack of sexual education is normal or not. Everything until chapter 28 page 4 could be treated as your typical "gyaru friendship", where at the end she'd sit beside Tsubasa and tell here "everything is fine, just move on and live happy life". But when Tsubasa tried to make herself the victim here with her "me, myself and I" mindset. That's what broke Aya and she even said her that "it has nothing to do with that". Aya explained Tsubasa why she's bad guy here, but even then, instead of trying to comprehend those words, Tsubasa fortify herself and trying to attack others, which only shows, that she doesn't undestand damn thing. Later, even tho Aya is somehow talking about people in situation similar to Kaede and herself in general, Tsubasa AGAIN put herself first, as if she's the victim - she even says that "I'M suffering now". For a damn second Tsubasa cannot think about others here, only about herself, how badly hurt and sad SHE is. That's what pissed Aya and that's what this rant is all about. Not blaming Tsubasa that she was risen that way or another.

Dex-chan lover
A real MVP in this chapter congratulations Aya you just won the hero of the day award 👏👏

Dex-chan lover

You know, this makes me suspect that all of Tsubasa's arc is foreshadowing that her mother will be a future "villain" later on.

She is the one responsible for Tsubasa's terrible sheltered upbringing, that caused her to grow up disconnected from reality.

Therapy would indeed help Tsubasa the most, you are correct, but her mother seems like the type to not ever bring her child to therapy, out of fear of her daughter being seen as a "crazy person" by her neighbors.

I would like for the author to later on confront the ACTUAL source of Tsubasa's issues, her mom.

Lady sounds like she is someone from some religious cult.

Aggregator gang
You completely missed the point. All of Aya's rant wasn't that Tsubasa's lack of sexual education is normal or not. Everything until chapter 28 page 4 could be treated as your typical "gyaru friendship", where at the end she'd sit beside Tsubasa and tell here "everything is fine, just move on and live happy life". But when Tsubasa tried to make herself the victim here with her "me, myself and I" mindset. That's what broke Aya and she even said her that "it has nothing to do with that". Aya explained Tsubasa why she's bad guy here, but even then, instead of trying to comprehend those words, Tsubasa fortify herself and trying to attack others, which only shows, that she doesn't undestand damn thing. Later, even tho Aya is somehow talking about people in situation similar to Kaede and herself in general, Tsubasa AGAIN put herself first, as if she's the victim - she even says that "I'M suffering now". For a damn second Tsubasa cannot think about others here, only about herself, how badly hurt and sad SHE is. That's what pissed Aya and that's what this rant is all about. Not blaming Tsubasa that she was risen that way or another.
The point of the user at which my comment was addressed was that Tsubasa deserved exactly Aya's treatment to understand things. I disagree though, Tsubasa doesn't need people yelling at her face but therapy with someone who can help her by calmly explaining all the things, like, for example, Miyamoto-sensei.

I can't understand why all the people think that Ays's "shock therapy" is the right therapy.

Users who are viewing this thread