Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 29 - Sense of distance

Oh boy, here we go again with the classic "you don't love me. you love the idea OF me / how can you love me when you don't even know me?" sanctimonious, pseudo-intellectual arguments that writers like to have women spew not realizing that the vast majority of relationships typically don't start with one or both partners already being in love with each other. In reality, if one person confesses "I love you" to another, it really means "I am attracted to you and I want to fall in love with you" and if the other person accept the confession they can begin the dating phase which either results in the couple falling in love and progressing their relationship or if they are incompatible they can break up and find someone else. If you want to have a female character reject the main character without me disliking them, please for the love of god choose another line.

And then to top it off it's another classic "he confessed to me knowing it won't happen, how selfish of him.", jfc. This line usually comes from a teen so it's extra disappointing seeing it come from a supposedly adult woman. And the author actually relates in the author comments. Mr. author, if someone "selfishly" confesses to you, you can and should "selfishly" and firmly reject them. No "oh, it's gonna be awkward", they put forth the proposal, they can handle the rejection. End of story.

Dex-chan lover
Oh boy, here we go again with the classic "you don't love me. you love the idea OF me / how can you love me when you don't even know me?" sanctimonious, pseudo-intellectual arguments that writers like to have women spew not realizing that the vast majority of relationships typically don't start with one or both partners already being in love with each other. In reality, if one person confesses "I love you" to another, it really means "I am attracted to you and I want to fall in love with you" and if the other person accept the confession they can begin the dating phase which either results in the couple falling in love and progressing their relationship or if they are incompatible they can break up and find someone else. If you want to have a female character reject the main character without me disliking them, please for the love of god choose another line.

And then to top it off it's another classic "he confessed to me knowing it won't happen, how selfish of him.", jfc. This line usually comes from a teen so it's extra disappointing seeing it come from a supposedly adult woman. And the author actually relates in the author comments. Mr. author, if someone "selfishly" confesses to you, you can and should "selfishly" and firmly reject them. No "oh, it's gonna be awkward", they put forth the proposal, they can handle the rejection. End of story.
Yeah agree with you, I do like the manga but the line just feel so wrong. I know that adult can be manchild but imagine if an irl adult says "You don't know the real me xd clueless" to a child that fall in love with them.

Dex-chan lover
And so, Kaede would never again enjoy a Christmas cake.

At this point I want MC to just get a hobby and hold off on romance, get some life experience and just be happy.
Isn't that how it suppose to be tho? Like romance is nice and all, but it shouldn't be your main happiness.
I do agree MC should develop hobby or something.

Aggregator gang
The cafe woman has a fu*k budd? RIP my ship'), I feel sorry for mc if the relationship between mc and cafe woman sailed up there is only red flag at the end
And is it just me or i saw 2 Bocchi The Rock references in this chapter?😂

Dex-chan lover
Some of you need a reminder that kaede is legit a r*pe victim. Please think twice before shipping him with just anybody, nevermind someone who is much older than he is.

Being in a romantic relationship with someone like that is not going to solve his problem but just double it down. He already felt traumatized when tsubasa touched him, what would he feel if/when an older woman got intimate - is something you shippers can think of before casually typing "KaEde x ShOp OwNer FtW!!!" or "RiP mY sHip :("

Aggregator gang
No clue why a bunch of you sickos were shipping the coffee store owner (an adult) with Seto (a child) who was SA'd.

I'm glad she's ripping the band-aid off and reminding him that not only is what he said incredibly inappropriate but incredibly selfish considering the terrible position that puts her in as not only his boss, but also as an adult with a child.

Dex-chan lover
its interesting how our views on the cafe lady changed. Now she is considered as "dirty" to kaede. When we find out she's just messing with other men, she's just as lost now.
Eh, tbf it was just one guy.

Dex-chan lover
I can understand what Rio means when he says it's not feelings of love. For Kaede Rio was the one who offered her comfort during his hard time and she is the only one of opposite gender with whom he feels safe and comfortable. Also he has formed an image of Rio of being this dependable "do no harm" kind woman. He has formed an ideal image is of how Rio is rather than how she actually is.

Dex-chan lover
she said she didnt love or like anyone nor lf a romantic relationship so why did she naked with some random dude? Why are relationships in this story so toxic??
Im having a pretty much same relationship with my left hand

Dex-chan lover
One could also argue that Rio is being particularly childish and selfish, at least in her own head.
Like, she's vehemently evading the topic, wishing Kaede to act older than the harmless teenager he is, and wanting everyone to be logical when it comes to something as illogical as feelings? At that point she's basically a child that wants everything (or everyone, rather) to go her way. Not to mention that the problem at hand is a simple mistaking admiration with affection, a common mistake for someone his age.

Either way, interesting imperfect character. Good job 46

Dex-chan lover
And so far there's no conceivable plot reason in the manga for them to ever talk.
And? You're allowed to ship two characters
And you also brought up the fact that she DEFENDED him as something that makes them more compatible
I brought it up as a last thing, and I never said that it makes them more compatible but more like she's a nice person for SPEAKING UP, You really gotta stop arguing over me shipping two characters

she said she didnt love or like anyone nor lf a romantic relationship so why did she naked with some random dude? Why are relationships in this story so toxic??
Well because the story is based real life topics and happenings that you tend to ignore and you haven't experience it

Dex-chan lover
In the end, just like he put his trauma on Tsubasa without any regards to how she would receive it, MC repeats the same thing with the owner but now gets properly called out for it. He has to realize that other people have their own bagage and are not there to be his therapist.
Put his trauma on Tsubasa????? SHE ASKED HIM, SHE ASKED HIM WHAT HAPPENED
You're behaving JUST LIKE Tsubasa's friends right now

Dex-chan lover
I can understand what Rio means when he says it's not feelings of love. For Kaede Rio was the one who offered her comfort during his hard time and she is the only one of opposite gender with whom he feels safe and comfortable. Also he has formed an image of Rio of being this dependable "do no harm" kind woman. He has formed an ideal image is of how Rio is rather than how she actually is.
Isn't that how all love started tho? Rio interaction with him was someone of warm and comfort, how did he misundestand that? Rio is to blame for not quickly shattering the illusion of his love.

Rio is basically pulling him by not rejecting him, it's like if you confess to someone and after 10 years of dodging to answear she call you an asshole for confessing your feeling.

Dex-chan lover
Some of you need a reminder that kaede is legit a r*pe victim. Please think twice before shipping him with just anybody, nevermind someone who is much older than he is.

Being in a romantic relationship with someone like that is not going to solve his problem but just double it down. He already felt traumatized when tsubasa touched him, what would he feel if/when an older woman got intimate - is something you shippers can think of before casually typing "KaEde x ShOp OwNer FtW!!!" or "RiP mY sHip :("
I think you got it reverse, if we ignore the pedo gap. Him dating an older women is fine if they provide the safety and comfort he needed. Still tho Pedo gap is not something that can be ignored.

Fed-Kun's army
The next chapter will be wild because Rio doesn't know about Kaede's past so she might blankly tell him the truth about her or the adult world, so far Rio only knows Kaede is a cute high schooler and has a nasty breakup.
No idea if Kaede could handle the truth if Rio accidentally hurt him, which wouldn't be her fault either.

Users who are viewing this thread