Sensitive Boy - Vol. 4 Ch. 32 - The value of "normal"

Dex-chan lover
Ohhh, the school nurse was her brother. Neat.

I don't know why this awful character needs to keep appearing, she needs to exit the story. Her arc is over.
Hopefully we will find out next chap if the author plans to resolve that issue once and for all, or continue to string it along for the whole story.

Dex-chan lover
By the way, ch 33 is already in the paid premium version of ganma app, going by the thumbnail preview, it would seem we may finally see the moment we have all been anxious for:

It shows Tsubasa and Kaede meeting again
Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It's very easy to dismiss and hate Tsubasa for her thoughtless and childish responses, but I find that's a little lacking in perspective. The bias of third person omniscient is hard to overcome, and frankly it's not like her reactions are that bizarre. Whether that's a statement about the emotional maturity of AVERAGE teenagers, let alone damaged ones like we see here, I'll let someone else decide.

I don't have a particularly vested interest in them "being together", but I don't hate the notion, especially with the theme of " normal" being re-emphasized again. They're both in that trap, and can potentially break free together, given the right conditions. More importantly, I'm interested in seeing growth showcased across the board. It's quite good writing, and nonlinear at this stage. There's so many options now.

Dex-chan lover
Personally, I'm looking forward to it. It's very easy to dismiss and hate Tsubasa for her thoughtless and childish responses, but I find that's a little lacking in perspective. The bias of third person omniscient is hard to overcome, and frankly it's not like her reactions are that bizarre. Whether that's a statement about the emotional maturity of AVERAGE teenagers, let alone damaged ones like we see here, I'll let someone else decide.

I don't have a particularly vested interest in them "being together", but I don't hate the notion, especially with the theme of " normal" being re-emphasized again. They're both in that trap, and can potentially break free together, given the right conditions. More importantly, I'm interested in seeing growth showcased across the board. It's quite good writing, and nonlinear at this stage. There's so many options now.
I have hope that the author already passed the development stage of her arc, and will now move on to the resolution stage.

Dex-chan lover

I agree and I think barring a really well written series of events, I don’t think they should get back together, at least not now.

Both have growing to do, if they can hash out their differences and become friendly though, I would more than welcome it. I feel like they both need experience building relationships period, not just romantic ones.

Dex-chan lover
Rio, you’re amazing!! 💕 And what a nicely written afterword from the author.

I love this serie.

Dex-chan lover
they better not drag this stuff.
this "relationship" with the shop manager.

Dex-chan lover
I have hope that the author already passed the development stage of her arc, and will now move on to the resolution stage.
It's a tough one... Obviously we haven't seen the last of her... Nor has a viable "replacement" been introduced yet really (no I don't find it necessary, per se, just expected). I don't think the author is done with her, or them, just yet. I'm sure folks will ship Aya, solely for her perspective and blunt conversation, but I don't care much for that pairing. I appreciate that there's plenty of questions, but not "holes".

Dex-chan lover
I agree and I think barring a really well written series of events, I don’t think they should get back together, at least not now.

Both have growing to do, if they can hash out their differences and become friendly though, I would more than welcome it. I feel like they both need experience building relationships period, not just romantic ones.
I would agree with that, and if you haven't been reading Skip and Loafer, you should.

Dex-chan lover
Good end for the part time work story :thumbsup:
As I thought, Rio's story will not be explored further.
There's no hook or hint for the next chapter though, wonder what they have in store for us next chapter :wooow:

Dex-chan lover
Truly, such a beautiful way to end this arc.

I had my doubts about how a manga would handle this kind of story, considering how the medium's tendencies isn't really known for its sensitivity (pun intended). The author's afterword really smashed this perception to bits, through their love for Kaede's character that was truly felt in this chapter.

It's such a hopeful and uplifting message, that for all the horrible things that happens in your life, the door for beauty and love is never closed. Kaede's still young, he still hasn't fully experienced what the world has to offer, and for all the ugliness and pain that one adult has inflicted in his life, another adult has given him the opposite. And despite all the all the pain that Rio has experienced, she, an adult, still had the capacity to give Kaede a beautiful and shining memory. This might not fully erase the trauma in Kaede's life, but this is an important experience for him to truly process and learn about healthy feelings and relationships. And as the author says, this is one experience for him that he can fondly look back on as he grows up.

I know optimism in today's world isn't really popular, but that will never take away from the message.

You deserve better, I hope you guys are doing alright.

Users who are viewing this thread