Sensou Kyoushitsu - Vol. 6 Ch. 17 - The War Diocese

Dex-chan lover
This manga is too creative at killing people using all these unique powers lol. Zoe is too cute wonder wuts her blossoming powers going to do and how did she escape without using her powers?

Thanks so much for chapter!

Dex-chan lover
So nobody's going to point out that where there are long-staying Rami, there has to be a tower nearby, which means that unless some strange mutation kicks in, each tower's area is basically a farm of Rami. It is also entirely possible that the towers themselves are responsible for creating the Rami. Given what we've seen so far, that this whole world has been deliberately designed as such is rather likely.

Dex-chan lover
So nobody's going to point out that where there are long-staying Rami, there has to be a tower nearby, which means that unless some strange mutation kicks in, each tower's area is basically a farm of Rami. It is also entirely possible that the towers themselves are responsible for creating the Rami. Given what we've seen so far, that this whole world has been deliberately designed as such is rather likely.
In the previous chapters when mama mirror died a weird "piece" of her returned to the tower and turned into a bud, the Pope also said the mirror moms King returned to the tower, his clothes and helmet was left behind. We also see the meteor ramus recharging with the roots of a throne. All the towers seem to have trees in them. The Pope also talked about admin rights and information stored in the tower. I think theres some scifi biotech stuff going on especially with how the Pope knows about what space and meteors are, knowledge that seems beyond this time period.

Dex-chan lover
Dear Wizard Scans,

Thanks for another instalment of this series as usual. However, with all due respect, perhaps it's due to having a different Translator and Proofreader, but I noticed this chapter's text is overall clunkier than those before, with some dialogue even being incorrect.

If I may, I'd like to point out the most important ones:

Page 33
https://mangadex.org/chapter/cc6b5408-7c9d-437a-a591-f5b24144d7ee/33

開花が近い枝憑き means "Ramus who is close to Flowering". Demi's explanation here ought to be:

He's probably close to 'Flowering'. / Among Rami who approach Flowering, / there are times when their bodies become stronger in order to put up with their power.

Page 48
https://mangadex.org/chapter/cc6b5408-7c9d-437a-a591-f5b24144d7ee/48

ミカド / "Mikado" here is mostly likely 帝 for "Emperor". Which given they are the Empire of Erin, makes sense their ruler would be an Emperor.

In turn, Tem/Temu's 恩返し/"repay a favour" here is likely to be a positive thing. So his last words ought to be:

Just when I thought / I can finally pay back the Emperor's favour...

And as an aside, based on Ch 11, the name of the captured "weight-manipulation" Ramus is Sara/Sarah. A future chapter confirms it.

Page 52
https://mangadex.org/chapter/cc6b5408-7c9d-437a-a591-f5b24144d7ee/52

Please adjust Lucas' lines here in accordance with my clarification for Page 33. Furthermore, Demi's last 2 speech bubbles here need to account for 精神, or "mind/spirit/soul".

'When a Ramus' mind and spirit have greatly matured' / appears to be the case.

精神 is fluid in whether it refers to the mind and/or spirit in different situations and we Asians are used to it, but the important thing here is it does NOT include the body and the physical. Your current translation being so general on what is "maturing" risks misconception that it includes the physical, when only the mental is the case

Accordingly, please amend Lucas' first remarks about Zoe on the next Page 53 too

--

I hope your team will find this useful

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Dear Wizard Scans,

Thanks for another instalment of this series as usual. However, with all due respect, perhaps it's due to having a different Translator and Proofreader, but I noticed this chapter's text is overall clunkier than those before, with some dialogue even being incorrect.
I also felt this way. Besides the ones you pointed out, could you please check one more?
On page 33, Lucas saying "Is he a ramus?" feels really weird (you can see the branch on his head, what kind of question is that) Is that what he really says?

I also felt this way. Besides the ones you pointed out, could you please check one more?
On page 33, Lucas saying "Is he a ramus?" feels really weird (you can see the branch on his head, what kind of question is that) Is that what he really says?
I can't read Japanese, but if I had to take a guess Lucas meant to say something like "That's super human strength! Is that his power?" which is why the response is "No, his branch isn't reacting."

Dex-chan lover
I'm pretty sure the whole bit about genes is to weed out those who don't have the Rami gene and keep those who do thus leading to there always being a high chance of Rami being born.
So yea funky shit is going on.

Fed-Kun's army
hi, former translator of the manga here. noticed a lot of questions/points being made, so i'd like to respond to them. just to provide some context, i had to "retire" as a translator due to graduating soon and becoming overall more busy. anyways...
i agree with everything Gamria said! i can understand why "emperor" became "mikardo", because the way its written in the raws make it seem that "mikado" (that is how it is written, transliterated) could be the name of a character, but its meant to be the emperor, just written in katakana instead of kanji. usually, you'd expect it to be written in kanji. that's why i am a bit more understanding of this error.
the other two errors on pg 33 and pg 52, i don't understand. assumedly the translation was rushed? i'm sad it happened, but i'm sure the translator will appreciate that this is being brought to light! and of course, thank you for pointing it out!

you are absolutely right, what lucas actually says is "Does his branch give him superhuman strength?!", which is indeed almost exactly what Toaster suggested.

Dex-chan lover
I was expecting the moment that little shit would do something completely stupid, and this is still tame to what I expect of her... she will betray them.

Zoe's mind is slowly catching up, her ability must have "esoteric" mechanics so I don't think you can use entirely "common" logic to explain how her mind didn't grow up with her body, but... as her body, her vessel, is grown at some point her mind will latch to some of the natural instinct that comes with maturity... I mean with that the obvious, she already is "desiring" Lucas.

Well, it is better that she progresses, and putting in perspective that she clearly has to make some mental gymnastics to be able to be violent she clearly is a good-natured person, with care and love she will become her better self.
how did she escape without using her powers?
I think it was a "misunderstanding" on that ramus's part, his strategy was to bait her to use her ability and become incapacitated, so he already planned to not fight head-on.

So when she went out he simply thought she was going to use her ability and he would take advantage of that... but he didn't count on her following the order, not using it and it seems she may have found another functionality of her ability.

Dex-chan lover
Well he did get 5v1ed lol. Honestly jumping in like that solo against a bunch of Rami whose abilities you don't know is just very stupid
Totally.

He wasn't an idiot, he could plan, but his mistake was nothing besides pure stupidity.

He should know that no matter how powerful an ability is... there are drawbacks, and with creativity 5 Rami should be able to find a way to kill him, more so when he didn't even know every ability they had available... and if he knew there was a transfer ability it is even worse, he bought that fight by pure unbridled idiocy.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I was expecting the moment that little shit would do something completely stupid, and this is still tame to what I expect of her... she will betray them.
You mean Poppy? You know, at first I didn't know why Demi was always so hard on her, but now I'm getting it. Clearly she's scared out of her mind all the time (look at the way she sleeps on page 54), and now it's really getting to her. On top of that, I think she's just kinda petty, I find that "tch" on page 9 very telling.

Dex-chan lover
You mean Poppy? You know, at first I didn't know why Demi was always so hard on her, but now I'm getting it. Clearly she's scared out of her mind all the time (look at the way she sleeps on page 54), and now it's really getting to her. On top of that, I think she's just kinda petty, I find that "tch" on page 9 very telling.
That is the thing, I can accept scared, I can even accept coward... but she is naturally petty.

That "tch" was personal... she has spite inside her, she acts impulsively and doesn't take responsibility for the consequences.

I don't doubt she suffered in life, but if she stays on this road, it won't take much for her to betray them.

Maybe the only thing in her way for that is that she is such a coward, and will fear immediate retribution... but if she is hiding her true personality and has more smarts than she lets out, she could be a problem, a serious one.

Dex-chan lover
I think it was a "misunderstanding" on that ramus's part, his strategy was to bait her to use her ability and become incapacitated, so he already planned to not fight head-on.

So when she went out he simply thought she was going to use her ability and he would take advantage of that... but he didn't count on her following the order, not using it and it seems she may have found another functionality of her ability.

I think you hit it on all points but the last. Zoe isn't using any special ability to manhandle Tem. People tend to forget that Zoe is a very athletic woman who is physically bigger than most men in her era. She's just butch and Tem is a small, skinny boy in comparison to her; plus he's already bleeding to death. Basically, the imperials let her walk out waiting for her to use up her powers, not realizing that she could just grab Tem and stop him the normal way.

Users who are viewing this thread