Sentai Daishikkaku - Ch. 131 - Character

Dex-chan lover
Makes sense. I'd hold a lifelong grudge against someone who warren statesmened himself into a showending scandal in the middle of writing its finale.

Dex-chan lover
It's honestly sad that she holds a grudge so bad, even for a (possible) clone of a guy that she hates. Like, the original Red Keeper is probably dead and she knows it, but she'll keep killing clone Reds until she feels satisfied, which she never will.

Dex-chan lover
virgin kuroko: loudly announces sneak attack and gets owned
CHAD D: WALKS UP AND UP SMASHES

Dex-chan lover
Ive been reading this manga since the first chapter and I have legit not a clue what is happening. I sort of assumed my brain would ease into the rough idea of what's going on over time but that hasn't happened. Either my IQ is too low or some cultural barrier keeps me from grasping what is going on.
I generally hate comments like "lmao this is just X on drugs" but this feels to me like the author binge-watched power rangers while huffing computer dusters and scribbling plot points on post-it notes he scattered all over his appartment to find at random intervals during the publication run.
So the special weapons the Rangers use were made from the bones of the real original Rangers. The chick with long hair that helped d in the beginning was one of them and that's why she wanted to retrieve the weapons. She ends up leaving d and rescuing all the clones of her they had that were being used for weapon production.

D killed red, but red is replaced by a clone. Then the clone was betrayed by the Rangers for being too violent, and replaced with a new one. The betrayed clone survived and has amnesia of his fake original memories. He took shelter with a chick who was the writer in the Rangers TV show, of which red was responsible for the cancelation after being accussed of murder.

Hibiki is recruiting the leftovers of death messiah's association, plus is being helped by three of the boss bad guys, the twins and the bird. They are sort of trying to recruit amnesiaic red too. This gets all mixed with a ranger assesination squad that was there to kill the writer chick who in turn betrays red and stabs him for the reasons I mentioned. As she stabs him the assassins that were after her assault them.

The ranger association was responsible for the creation of foot soldiers, the big white monsters, the fake weapons made with the bodies of the og Rangers, and of the serum that turns humans into boss dudes.

D is currently locked with death messiah waiting for him to starve to death. The daughter of death messiah is in love with D and helps him. Green squad all know d's identity and they still work as a team.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
God, I just want to see Hisui, Angel and D again.
Going to be eight more in universe months for that. god knows how long that'll really be, at least for D anyway. End of 125 states that it took a year and 2 months for Yakushi to die, while the start of this arc tells us it's only 6 months since that incident.

Dex-chan lover
Ive been reading this manga since the first chapter and I have legit not a clue what is happening. I sort of assumed my brain would ease into the rough idea of what's going on over time but that hasn't happened. Either my IQ is too low or some cultural barrier keeps me from grasping what is going on.
I generally hate comments like "lmao this is just X on drugs" but this feels to me like the author binge-watched power rangers while huffing computer dusters and scribbling plot points on post-it notes he scattered all over his appartment to find at random intervals during the publication run.
Theres quite alot of post-modern influence here (hence why is pretty confusing). Though this is in part fault of the writer, they're kinda like someone who is an expert at say like a guitar or a harp but then are trying to play the violin. The fundamentals are solidly there but they lack the chops to truly make a story that they wanted to write properly shine.

My case of this being pretty postmodern-inspired is the whole "demigure like" reign that the rangers have, a literally manufactured security state wherein there is a perpetual war encasing the populating in a state of fear quite literally using the bones of the colonized as a means of subjugating a problem they manufactured. The source of the war and its adherents religiously follow the written doctrine of show, remember how the invader's association guy simple said "it was prophesized", along with a radicalized populace, especially with the dogma of the rangers themselves believing themselves to always succeed.

What the writer and the editors fail on is an over reliance on spectacle, and having a coherent planned direction. You have this very interesting world, which then gets interrupted by car explosions or galaxy fights every 2 or 3 chapters. The fights appropriately are very awkward, gruesome and drawn out (a key component is it's antiwar philosophy not a terrible controversial stance there), yet often are overly drawn out and often in the way of world building sometimes. A solution is very simple however, and that would be to follow the probably miserable lives of the everyday population. This is probably avoided since writing about structural issues is hard.

Dex-chan lover
Theres quite alot of post-modern influence here (hence why is pretty confusing). Though this is in part fault of the writer, they're kinda like someone who is an expert at say like a guitar or a harp but then are trying to play the violin. The fundamentals are solidly there but they lack the chops to truly make a story that they wanted to write properly shine.

My case of this being pretty postmodern-inspired is the whole "demigure like" reign that the rangers have, a literally manufactured security state wherein there is a perpetual war encasing the populating in a state of fear quite literally using the bones of the colonized as a means of subjugating a problem they manufactured. The source of the war and its adherents religiously follow the written doctrine of show, remember how the invader's association guy simple said "it was prophesized", along with a radicalized populace, especially with the dogma of the rangers themselves believing themselves to always succeed.

What the writer and the editors fail on is an over reliance on spectacle, and having a coherent planned direction. You have this very interesting world, which then gets interrupted by car explosions or galaxy fights every 2 or 3 chapters. The fights appropriately are very awkward, gruesome and drawn out (a key component is it's antiwar philosophy not a terrible controversial stance there), yet often are overly drawn out and often in the way of world building sometimes. A solution is very simple however, and that would be to follow the probably miserable lives of the everyday population. This is probably avoided since writing about structural issues is hard.
the same happened with his work before 5toubun (rengoku no karma), series was going great and suddenly resets and takes another look with other MC while trying to tie both stories in a lackluster manner.

gotoubun was more linear and in the end author went f*ck it and went for an ending, which good for not stretching the series still feels abrupt.

Users who are viewing this thread