Shadow Queen - Ch. 13

How not to fall in love with someone again 101 : never ever say that you'll never fall for them again lol

Aggregator gang
So... The Prince hated her because her "family" murdered the empress in order to put him, an illegitimate heir, on the thrown????
I can't say I understand that logic lol. Unless he was close to his step-mother? Cause usually in politics, he would have been happy with this..... Did I misunderstand something?
Also, if she wants to destroy the Grand Duke from the inside, that cousin looks like the perfect tool! I can't wait to meet him!! I have a feeling I'm going to like him lol. At least, now that the MC knows what she's doing.
Thanks for the chapter!

Edit: @LordTrollbias @Subject003 @zz2000 Thanks guys! I thought the murder happened before the prince had ascended the thrown, which is why I thought the Empress was his step-mother and they were preventing any heirs from stealing the thrown from him. So, our MC was a concubine of his or something at the time! That makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clearing that up!!

Dex-chan lover
@4sarah1212
They didn't kill the Emperor's mother they killed his wife. And cuz FMC was his consort and got knocked up she eventually ascended to the Empress position.

Wow, the Prince's words were harsh af, but I like how serene and focused is the MC now.

What the... so the MC wasn't always the Empress?!!!! There was another consort first?! Was she loved?! Was she pregnant?! Oh my, that's hella crazy. D:

The point is that a baby coming from the Duke's house would grant them the position they need to meddle in the government affairs again, and as long as there were no more than just 1 prince (just from their family), they would perpetuate their power over the kingdom over and over again (which explains why the Prince told such harsh words and everyone's actions basically).

And yeah, Ren is a hottie, an enemy of your enemy is your best option if you play well your cards.

Tysm for sharing. 💜

i dont understand what happened when the baby was born from the MC. & what did the prince mean??

It's not clearly explained here but:

The Empress was Cyan's wife (Ciel at this time already became an emperor)
"Veronica" was his Queen (because he was pressure by the nobles to take another wife)

So the Empress' murder lead to "Veronica" ascended to the throne as the Empress instead of a simple Queen.

Things are really complicated but:
- the previous Empress, Cecilia, was politically married to Cyan, they didn't love each other.
- Cyan then was forced to take another wife which was "Veronica" aka Elena
- Cyan already knew "Veronica" was a fake, he didn't hate her at all but on the contrary, he loved her.
- The Imperial power was too weak, Cyan was monitored by the Grand Duke (he implanted his people in the palace to watch him) + political reasons which forced him to be cold to Elena despite his feelings.

I'm lazy to develop things here but everything was already spilled on the Spoiler thread on NovelUpdates 🤗

And also thanks a lot for the chapter! 😊

Dex-chan lover
@4sarah1212 What they are saying is that in the 1st timeline,
the grand duke killed the then-empress to prevent the prince from having an heir with her because she was from another noble family.
The grand duke didn't want another noble house tying their lineage to the royals via an heir, he wanted HIS lineage to be tied up with the royals. And for that he had to make Veronica the prince's wife and empress, so she would bear the prince's legitimate heir. So to create an opening, the then-empress had to be removed.

And yes, the prince despises the real Veronica because he's seen her true rotten nature; cruel, arrogant and egoistic.

@lippemilk
Prince in 1st timeline already secretly knew Elena was Veronica's body double; that she was just a pawn for the grand duke's scheme. He was distraught because having a male heir would not only allow the duke to further entrench his hold over the royals, but that Elena's usefulness to the duke would be coming to an end soon and that he'd dispose of her.

Ohhh. So she had a baby from previous life. Damn. To think that would be Ciel’s response. 😭

But good thing, she doesn’t hate him now huh. At least she doesn’t want revenge to Ciel or anything.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread