Shadow Queen - Ch. 39

This is the first time-travel series I read that make use of artists and architects that will influence their culture. I'm not sure how she will utilize them but I am willing to read slowly as the chapters come. Very interesting.

Double-page supporter
@kaizoku876 covering corners. She already has some financial plan with the semi-precious/imitation gems

Hahaha. Craftiness and cunning

Damn I was NOT expecting that set up acting at the end of the chapter. She's so good.

I swear all Villainess MC are fighting for the Best Actress Award ✿ Except Melissa, maybe.

PS. I wonder if the first Queen is really nice and if the King really love the first Queen? I think a story where the original lovers still ends up together will be refreshing.

Also, is there anyone who have a manhua where the villainess reincarnator/transfiguator MC who did get the ML from the heroine(or the saint/empress of the original timeline).

Dex-chan lover
@Loonila205 @Reimos
MC wants to build up her social power/influence base so she can oppose the grand duke on equal footing.

So she's decided to build up her power by becoming an influential and powerful arts patron.

There is an arts and culture renaissance coming very soon, and all these artists and architects will become famous leading figures in this coming movement.

MC's plan is to get them under her wing and become their patron, thus giving her social recognition and fame.

@Herurin
1st queen is ok enough, but in 1st timeline the prince didn't love her. It was only out of political consideration. Then the grand duke assassinated her to make Veronica the prince's bride. The prince did fall in love with Elena back then, and he'll fall in love with her again in this new timeline.

Double-page supporter
@Loonila205 It's an interesting angle, but I can't help but feel it's forced because she barely went back in time 5 years. That's not quite enough for a massive shift, not when there's no mass media and telecommunications. And she was probably quite busy during that time, yet she apparently paid enough attention to remember off-hand all the leading people of this sudden renaissance.

So the culture guys she sponsors are supposed to what... give her soft influence on society and nobles?

Doesn't make sense.

Where's her hard power? That knight might be a genius but he's only one guy,

and she's clearly not trying to go after the crown prince in her 2nd round.

This is starting to feel nonsensical.

Dex-chan lover
Oh interesting way to cover up the maid's job. I am curious about what's going on with the princess so will enjoy when we can learn more about her.

Thanks for translating the chapter.

Wtf even is her plan? Is she gonna get a bunch of artist to art her enemies to death? Surely you're not gonna tell me that just becoming a fashion kcon will make her unkillable?

@Herurin
My Queen Roxana Agriche won it the second she entered the contest😌😌
These villainesses are nothing compared to her

@enochcity Becoming a fashion icon doesn't make her 'unkillable', but she's also gathering a group of influential people who would be happy to help her in the future/would notice and raise a fuss if she went missing. In the past, she only had the support given to her because of her position/family making it easy for her to be replaced without any fallout and hard to make any move to prevent her new 'family' from hurting her. She's making it harder to replace her and also setting up resources to combat any of their schemes.

Dex-chan lover
@cancerverse

Having public opinion and friends in high places indebted to you is a lot more useful for covert operations like hers. No real need for hard power when she is operating in the shadows with knowledge of the future. IIRC I think she isn't even after anything but revenge so she's not gonna do something like a coup which would need lots of hard power. She also has the most important power in the world, which is money. It's pretty hard to replace a business mogul that is personal friends with all the influential geniuses of the current era. Their sympathies would also lie with the person themselves and not their social standing. They would clearly see that she is a good person that was tricked/coerced into being a pawn. So her best bet is to play the victim and let others do the heavy lifting for her.

Fed-Kun's army
Art is a great weapon tbh, make it fine arts, literature, music, VTubers, fanfictions, etc. Rich dudes and nobles get connected with them, and even the Royal Family if their name is popular enough. Artists create new things so, they're naturally at the top of the pyramid in business, and more so if they have a unique style in it or can bring something new to the table. And if she's one of the first people to see the talent in those great artists and they spoke good words about her, that'll add more credibility to her name for having a good eye, and people will be more interested in her. Specifically, those who want more connections and those who have more connections. And connections are power hence, put it together, a big network. Well, that's the old days though, I don't know if that's how it also works for them. Everybody knows each other in the art industry or almost everyone has a relation with the other artists.

Plus, they're gonna make big money. Big money means a big wallet, and a big wallet means you can make a shower any time. Or throw it at someone, and they'll die.

Users who are viewing this thread