Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 196 - Master Christopher

Dex-chan lover
Which begs the question: What's Christopher's goal here? It's likely he isn't going to forfeit his life to his puppet but what does he get from controlling the house?

I've been wondering for a while, the house is influential in the island because of their export and economic importance but Christopher seems smart enough to be able to become successful elsewhere. There has to be more to that and I feel like we're gonna need an explanation soon otherwise this is just a massive political struggle for relatively little.
You mean anthony? Let's differentiate the two because that maybe can't be Christopher. I assume Anthony found out how to use shadow's power without being a shadow

Dex-chan lover
Let's see.. even emilyko being brainwashed. What would be kate's allies now? I gotta reread the past chapters because emilyko being fully controlled was happened in the past too. If i am not wrong kate would just force her to drink so much water. It maybe difficult to do so because Anthony aware of that.

So the would be allies for Kate, i guess ram (Shirley haven't being found out by Anthony), the twin (one of the two twin shadows should be immune as the living doll whose alive is only one maybe), and barbara (she was the coffee makers right?).

I thought we'd get some reprieve but this is straight up everything all at once. The "Anthony just grabbed a morph" theory seems pretty plausible.
As for who might still be hanging on... Candy said she didn't like coffee, which makes me question why she even drank it, she's shown as being brainwashed but it might be some 4D chess shit, it's a stretch maybe, but she's crafty enough to do so. Personally I'm hoping to see Rosemary/Maryrose come in with a People's Elbow from the top rope.

Edit: Y'know I was semi-joking about the Rosemary/Maryrose thing, but come to think of it, Maryrose would be really good at undoing brainwashing. She can make clingers so long as some of her soot is mixed in, and absorb other people's soot into the clingers, they could just enter the body, absorb the soot from the coffee, and exit. Like, there's no way a character at "They never found the body" status isn't coming from out of nowhere in some crucial moment, whether this is said moment though...

Last edited:
Just noticed something. Christopher - Christ. Definitely some parallels with his revival.

I wonder whether it's a new morph that was nurtured into becoming Anthony's puppet or someone else using a form of shadow powers to deceive and manipulate the kids.

Double-page supporter
Yoo, smart. I believe he totally did this to recreate his shadow
Same! Maybe that's why he was bidding his time, it wasn't just to gather intel, allies, and resources, but he had to also take a longer in order to induce a morph to transform into him over time. This morph would be easily "educated" by Anthony too. Personally, I still think his version of events is fishy as hell regarding what happened to the original Christopher. If the suicide story is NOT (completely) true, I suspect Anthony couldn't control Christopher as much as he wanted behind the scenes during their little golden age in the children's wing. They both seemed like the perfect pair on the outside, but they could have easily had something toxic going on like Sara and Mia.

Either way, I'm excited. I mentioned in a different chapter thread what I'm actually the most curious about seeing is Edward and his team's reaction to Anthony. Since apparently "Christopher" got revived, I want to see Edward, Aileen, and Gerald react to his return. Remember, the 4 of them were debutantes together. And I still think about how at mentioning Christopher's name in an earlier chapter, they all got really angry-like Christopher let them down or something-rather than being sad about it. I can't wait to see how Edward's group will tie back into this aspect of the story and what they will choose by the end. Eventual unexpected allies to Kate? Or will Edward's ambitions make him an antagonist vying for Grandfather's position and thus make him and his team remain as antagonists in the story?

Meanwhile, I wonder what role Joseph will be playing in this new arc since he knows about Kate and is the shadow closest in age (as far as we know) to Grandfather. Anthony mentioned Grandfather getting weaker, which is important BIG news if true. I'm sure if it's true, only Joseph knows this information out of Grandfathers group on the 3rd floor.

Users who are viewing this thread