Shadows House - Digital Colored Comics - Ch. 196 - Master Christopher

Dex-chan lover
You would think they would just not drink coffee again.
It's necessary ritual for the children wing, so they can't just skip it, and pretending to drink without being found out is hard, being noticed as Star Bearer would be very suspicious, so if you know the coffee is safe, why take risk and struggle?
[...] There has to be more to that and I feel like we're gonna need an explanation soon otherwise this is just a massive political struggle for relatively little.
Don't worry, it's coming soon, at least partially. Anyway, It feels to me the series is slowly moving into endgame anyway, with all the kids now knowing about unification and struggle between the adults, we're gonna have confrontation between kids and various factions of adults that want to use them, I think AsAnAsterisk is also correct that this can be Rosemary/Maryrose comeback time. We'll sure have tight and scary struggle soon, with so few allies left and enemy who knows everything about Kate's resistance group. God, I so want more anime seasons after this ends, imagine the hype.

Contributor
Damn, Anthony's uninvited sudden appearance forced Kate's hand to reveal the biggest secret of unification. And he didn't even refute it, the man rolled with it, probably already expecting this move from her, and he was prepared. He even used the fact that the kids weren't drinking the brainwashing coffee to spin it as "GG lost his power". His speech and persuasion powers are never to be underestimated.

I guess Christopher never died after all. They escaped and plotted this for a long time? Or Anthony is borrowing another soot power to make it look like Christopher is still there. Or the more plausible possibility is that he used a morph to copy him and cooperate with him as a new "Christopher".

Holy crap, Kate got outplayed so badly here it almost feels like checkmate for her. Emilyko is brainwashed again. Even Candy too. The one adult in her corner has fallen to brainwashing. I expect Kate can bounce back, but she's maybe almost back to square 1 with this. We still have Louise, Douglas and maybe even Joseph in her corner.

This situation blew up a lot more than I expected it would. Anthony used Kate's efforts at freeing the kids from brainwashing to his advantage and then hijacked the children's wing through complacency with the supposedly now-safe coffee to stage his coup. It's a social engineering attack, using Barbara as the weak point in Kate's group to let him spread his influence, like a computer virus spreading to create a botnet from a tricked employee opening an infected email attachment. This is very bad.

Dex-chan lover
You mean anthony? Let's differentiate the two because that maybe can't be Christopher. I assume Anthony found out how to use shadow's power without being a shadow
The young adult's power of controlling a shadow is very powerful indeed. I forgot his name and he probably has a lot of shadow or morphs under him.

Double-page supporter
I love some good twist but lately it was nothing but twists and it started to feel like a neverending rollercoaster. I was dizzy and now I'm about to puke...

Dex-chan lover
Kate got careless and underestimated the threat of Anthony way too much... She should’ve at least know that he had access to the adult wing and allies within.

What was unexpected however is that the special work to create fervor to someone that isn’t the great grandfather. Maybe it latches on the first figure of authority after the first coffee intake ?

As for who ”Christopher” is : it’s either a morph raised to mirror Anthony or another adult lackey of his in disguise.

Dex-chan lover
Kate got careless and underestimated the threat of Anthony way too much... She should’ve at least know that he had access to the adult wing and allies within.

What was unexpected however is that the special work to create fervor to someone that isn’t the great grandfather. Maybe it latches on the first figure of authority after the first coffee intake ?

As for who ”Christopher” is : it’s either a morph raised to mirror Anthony or another adult lackey of his in disguise.
The limitations of a 14 year old kid.

Dex-chan lover
If you think a 14 year old girl can save the world, then the adults in that house have a serious problem. She just wants to meet her dad, at least. I think Kate is already on the verge of breaking down. Barbara just snapped earlier.

Dex-chan lover
Ooh, such a quick update!! Thank you very much!!
Everyone else has already said good things, so all I can say is: :notlikethis:

Damn it, Anthony!! Kate got outplayed hard, GGWP. So that was why Anthony's faction gathered these special coffee before. Finally, the Anthony - the 3rd faction - has shown itself as a real threat for Kate. What will happen next?! I'm sure Kate will be able to bounce back with the few allies she still has somehow, but this is a very bad situation. This manga always delivers on the suspense and mind games, you never know what will happen.

Also, poor Barbara, she did it for Christopher, but now she found out he's most likely dead...or not?! She's utterly confused and might feel bad for making things worse for the children. As if her mental health isn't bad enough...if she doesn't believe in the "revived" Christopher, she might side with Kate and try to atone for what she did. Or at least that's what I hope.

Dex-chan lover
It's necessary ritual for the children wing, so they can't just skip it, and pretending to drink without being found out is hard, being noticed as Star Bearer would be very suspicious, so if you know the coffee is safe, why take risk and struggle?
As you say, its a necessary ritual.
Which they aren't doing right now. They're drinking cofffee just because one person decided to bring it out. It's not like its the only drink they have around. They showed champagne (juice?) glasses last chapter, for example, and I'm sure theres water if nothing else.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm, that must be some kind of that 3rd floor shadow's power.
So he work with or using Antony to overthrow father.

Now Kate lose all her puppet allies, how many shadows will stay in Kate's faction?
Beside her debutant friends, obviously.

Dex-chan lover
Man...I need Anthony GONE. DEAD.
I'm almost sure it's not Christopher, it's either a morph or someone else's soot power (maybe Maryrose? is she even able to do something like that?)

Just noticed something. Christopher - Christ. Definitely some parallels with his revival.

I wonder whether it's a new morph that was nurtured into becoming Anthony's puppet or someone else using a form of shadow powers to deceive and manipulate the kids.
I doubt author knew and made that connection deliberately. Might just be random pick.

Users who are viewing this thread